HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Revisting OLD trade rumors

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2005, 01:03 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
I believe that after playing with St. Louis Gretzky was going to sign with the Canucks, but someone in Canucks management screwed up and botched the deal. So we went and got Messier the next season...

Another interesting one, with Iron Mike back in Chicago. Don't remember all that was involved, but having confidence with Hasek in net, Keenan worked out a deal with Philly, Belfour, Larmer, and a few million in cash for a package based around Lindros. Wirtz nixed the deal though because he didn't want to give up the cash. Imagine that though, if the article was true (think it was the hockey news, or a summer mag after Keenan got fired from VAN), a team lead by Lindros and Hasek in their prime.

Old
08-27-2005, 01:21 AM
coppernblue

vCash: 500
there was a rumor a while back way before 1995
that the yzerman was gonna go to the oilers i forget for who tho

Old
08-27-2005, 02:12 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
The trade attempt of the Habs on the pick that would get them Ilya Kovalchuk.

They were the last team in contention, and Waddell is said to have actually lost sleep over it. Waddell said that he didn't make up his mind until he stood up to get to the stage. Even though the Habs had turned down a counter offer he had made, he still wanted to take the Habs' original offer.

Help me here, what was the Habs offering? 1st Pick, Zednik, Garon? Waddell ultimately asked for Theodore instead of Garon, right? Habs turned it down, and Waddell still bit his nails off before making his decision anyway.

Old
08-27-2005, 02:30 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Before the Red Wings actually won the Stanley Cup they were swept by the Devils in their 1st final with Stevie Y. There were trade rumors swirling around about him returning to his hometown area to play with the Sens......who was he rumored to be going there for????

Anyone remember?
yzermans from Cranbrook BC http://www.nhl.com/players/8452578.html

i remember reading about a rumor that the nordiques offered up sakic for linden straight up after the '94 playoff. apparently quebec wanted grit and playoff leadership, but vancouver turned them down, so they went and traded sundin for clark.

Old
08-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKarateMonkey

I think he grew up in Ottawa though.

Old
08-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent
The trade attempt of the Habs on the pick that would get them Ilya Kovalchuk.

They were the last team in contention, and Waddell is said to have actually lost sleep over it. Waddell said that he didn't make up his mind until he stood up to get to the stage. Even though the Habs had turned down a counter offer he had made, he still wanted to take the Habs' original offer.

Help me here, what was the Habs offering? 1st Pick, Zednik, Garon? Waddell ultimately asked for Theodore instead of Garon, right? Habs turned it down, and Waddell still bit his nails off before making his decision anyway.
I wanna say the offer was Zednik, Garon, the #7 and the #25

Old
08-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Lionheart

Has anyone mentioned the Naslund for Neckar deal yet? Ottawa was set to acquire Naslund but then someone on the 'Nucks got hurt and they renegged.

Old
08-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

I remember the rumour going a few years ago (01-02 season I believe) that would send Radek Bonk and Sami Salo from the Sens to the Lightning for Lecavalier. The deal was practically signed and sealed until someone high up in Bolts (I think it was the owner?) asked Dudley if he could guarantee that the trade would make Tampa a better team. Dudley said no, and the deal was called off.

Old
08-27-2005, 03:35 PM
snepsts27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05
What teams was Gretzky rumoured to be going to from LA besides St. Louis ? Just wondering what else they could've gotten because we traded 3-4 prospects that amounted to next to nothing and Ian Lapeirieree.
I recall that in 1988 when Gretz was traded to the Kings, the Canucks almost had a deal in place with Edmonton for the Great One. It was between Vancouver, LA and Detroit, I am unsure of who would have went the other way, but Im sure it would have been the same type of package (cash, prospects, and picks)

Old
08-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Oil_slick9416*

Send a message via ICQ to Oil_slick9416* Send a message via MSN to Oil_slick9416*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
I think he grew up in Ottawa though.
yah, grew up in Nepean.

Old
08-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Matt Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil_slick9416
yah, grew up in Nepean.
Yeah, in the paper the guys jokingly refer to him as the "King of Nepean" when they visit Ottawa.

I remember another trade rumor involving Stevie Y. He was supposed to go to Washington for Pivonka and K. Hatcher, but supposedly the Caps turned it down because Pivonka "had a breakout season" and they didn't need a number 1 center anymore.

LOL

Old
08-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKarateMonkey

i remember reading about a rumor that the nordiques offered up sakic for linden straight up after the '94 playoff. apparently quebec wanted grit and playoff leadership, but vancouver turned them down, so they went and traded sundin for clark.
I also remember that at that time that Quebec was offering up either Sakic or Sundin to Toronto for Clark.

Old
08-27-2005, 10:21 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Anyone have info on the supposed "Iginla for Peca" deal????

Old
08-27-2005, 10:25 PM
zamboni

I guess during Peca's holdout with Buffalo, right before Iginla exploded into an NHL star, that was the rumored deal?

Old
08-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I wanna say the offer was Zednik, Garon, the #7 and the #25
I'm pretty sure it was Markov instead of the 25th. IIRC, Waddell countered with Theodore in place of Garon, and AS said no.

Old
08-27-2005, 11:36 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
There was a rumor in 1997 that Rod Brind'Amour and Chris Therien were offered to Hartford for Brendan Shanahan

Old
08-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
I guess during Peca's holdout with Buffalo, right before Iginla exploded into an NHL star, that was the rumored deal?
Yes

Old
08-27-2005, 11:59 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni

Regier wanted Regehr or Lydman also thrown in and he got denied.

Closed Thread