HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2014, 11:35 AM
  #51
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I hope someone beats out Hillman

Bonzai12 is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 04:47 PM
  #52
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan
 
Alex Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Conspiratron 3000
Country: South Korea
Posts: 20,343
vCash: 500
Rockies freefall : activated.

Alex Jones is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 04:49 PM
  #53
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helton4Hall View Post
Rockies freefall : activated.
Looks at the date... seems about right.

Giants will win the NL West. The offense is better than expected (Belt is finally living up to potential, Morse looks like he did in Washington). The pitching is roughly where I thought it would be (I figured top 8, they are top 5 right now... Cain has been bad, Hudson better than expected).


Last edited by henchman24: 05-15-2014 at 04:56 PM.
henchman24 is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 04:52 PM
  #54
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan
 
Alex Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Conspiratron 3000
Country: South Korea
Posts: 20,343
vCash: 500
Yep. It was fun when it lasted.

Alex Jones is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 04:57 PM
  #55
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 50
A MLB team going on a 4 game losing streak? That never happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Looks at the date... seems about right.

Giants will win the NL West. The offense is better than expected (Belt is finally living up to potential, Morse looks like he did in Washington). The pitching is roughly where I thought it would be (I figured top 8, they are top 5 right now... Cain has been bad, Hudson better than expected).
He's on the DL for a while. Dodgers are still the favorites IMO.

JWK is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 05:15 PM
  #56
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 24,228
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
A MLB team going on a 4 game losing streak? That never happens
Yeah but it's the Rockies. It's more the 6 of 7 on the road that is indicative of the problem.

The Dodgers are all hype, little substance. I'd love it if the Giants beat them.

tigervixxxen is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 05:33 PM
  #57
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
He's on the DL for a while. Dodgers are still the favorites IMO.
Only ~6 weeks though. He will be plenty healthy for the stretch run.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 05:37 PM
  #58
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,095
vCash: 500
Not quite freefall yet. Rox will stay competative until the ASG break....like always.

The biggest joke was listening to Mike Evans this morning picking on Tulo for getting ejected.

I'd love for anyone to beat the Dodgers. I do feel bad for Donnie Baseball though, Puig is gonna eventually cost him his job.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 05:54 PM
  #59
famicommander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
I just got this sweet ass Outlaws jersey:
Quote:

It's a game worn, autographed jersey. It was from the May 4th Star Wars game, where the Outlaws wore the above Rebel Pilot jerseys and the visiting Ohio Machine wore Stormtrooper gear. All the jerseys from both teams were auctioned for charity and I won Justin Pennington's jersey. He's a midfielder and he scored a goal at the game, which I attended.

famicommander is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 06:13 PM
  #60
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 24,228
vCash: 50
Cool, that's super neat!!

tigervixxxen is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 09:22 PM
  #61
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 32,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Burse is going to make the team.
He's got an uphill battle. Unlike RB Wideout is pretty deep with DMT, Welker, ManSan, Lattimore and Caldwell. His best shot is if he can run back kicks and Hardin was the best guy at that in FCS.

__________________
I am encountering more and more of my own readers that I don't even like, nitwits who glom onto something superficial in the book and misunderstand its underlying message- Bill James
Hasbro is online now  
Old
05-16-2014, 09:06 AM
  #62
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
He's got an uphill battle. Unlike RB Wideout is pretty deep with DMT, Welker, ManSan, Lattimore and Caldwell. His best shot is if he can run back kicks and Hardin was the best guy at that in FCS.
Burse was an awesome kick returner before he became a go to receiver in college. After he did that, he became one of the most dangerous punt returners (probably 2nd to Williams-Rhodes of Boise State) in the Mountain West. His return ability will win him a spot.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 09:17 AM
  #63
ABasin
Crow is yummy
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I hope someone beats out Hillman
I'm hoping the same for Tony Carter.

ABasin is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 11:07 AM
  #64
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Burse was an awesome kick returner before he became a go to receiver in college. After he did that, he became one of the most dangerous punt returners (probably 2nd to Williams-Rhodes of Boise State) in the Mountain West. His return ability will win him a spot.
I think Burse has a really tough challenge making the team. It's not that he isn't a good player it's just the position he plays. WR is probably the deepest position on the team. Right now the depth chart looks something like this:

1. DT
2. Sanders
3. Welker
4. Caldwell
5. Latimer

then you have a huge logjam of players fighting for the #6 slot like Burse, Fowler, Hardin, Norwood (who has NFL experience), Palmer and Wilson.

It will really come down to if the Broncos feel like they can afford to save a spot for a return specialist or not. If not, then there is no way Burse makes the team.

chet1926 is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 11:08 AM
  #65
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 24,228
vCash: 50
Same thing that happened to King could happen to Burse.

tigervixxxen is online now  
Old
05-16-2014, 11:16 AM
  #66
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
It will really come down to if the Broncos feel like they can afford to save a spot for a return specialist or not. If not, then there is no way Burse makes the team.
He isn't a Holliday type return specialist. Burse was a very good slot receiver in college as well and should be in the NFL. People may doubt it now, but he will make the team.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 11:04 PM
  #67
famicommander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
De La Rosa with another win. He carried a no-hitter into the 7th tonight.

He had a bad start to the season, but his last six starts (most recent at the top of the list):
7 IP, 0 ER
6 IP, 2 ER
6 IP, 3 ER
7 IP, 1 ER
5 IP, 1 ER
6 IP, 2 ER

His ERA has dropped from 9.69 to 4.14 during this stretch and his record has improved from 0-2 to 5-3.

Morales is clearly the weakpoint of our rotation now. Chacin, De La Rosa, Lyles, and Nicasio are a solid enough 1-4. If we could get either Brett Anderson or Tyler Chatwood back into the rotation we'd really be in good shape, but unfortunately neither of those guys are anywhere near a return.

famicommander is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 08:30 AM
  #68
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
De La Rosa with another win. He carried a no-hitter into the 7th tonight.

He had a bad start to the season, but his last six starts (most recent at the top of the list):
7 IP, 0 ER
6 IP, 2 ER
6 IP, 3 ER
7 IP, 1 ER
5 IP, 1 ER
6 IP, 2 ER

His ERA has dropped from 9.69 to 4.14 during this stretch and his record has improved from 0-2 to 5-3.

Morales is clearly the weakpoint of our rotation now. Chacin, De La Rosa, Lyles, and Nicasio are a solid enough 1-4. If we could get either Brett Anderson or Tyler Chatwood back into the rotation we'd really be in good shape, but unfortunately neither of those guys are anywhere near a return.
From what I know, chatwood should be back sometime late June, early July. Sounds like he is doing well. Also, it seems like Grey is making a push to be called up sooner rather than later. They should be pretty close to passing the super 2 cutoff by now.

hockeyfish is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 08:37 AM
  #69
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
He isn't a Holliday type return specialist. Burse was a very good slot receiver in college as well and should be in the NFL. People may doubt it now, but he will make the team.
I think practice squad is way more realistic possibility. You just don't keep more than 5 WRs on the squad.

I like Burse I just don't see where he'll fit in to make the actual team.

chet1926 is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 08:46 AM
  #70
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
From what I know, chatwood should be back sometime late June, early July. Sounds like he is doing well. Also, it seems like Grey is making a push to be called up sooner rather than later. They should be pretty close to passing the super 2 cutoff by now.
It would be a mistake to call up Gray. He doesn't have the experience. I'd call up Butler if we're going to go that route. Or even Winkler who over 50 innings has a 1.48 era in tulsa. He was the cal league pitcher of the year last season. Another name to look at would be Bergman in Colorado Springs. He has pitched well at every level, and just had a 25 inning scoreless streak snapped. Its tough to have scoreless innings in Colorado Springs. Needless to say we have some options, it might be time to look at some to replace Morales.

chet1926 is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 10:01 AM
  #71
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
It would be a mistake to call up Gray. He doesn't have the experience. I'd call up Butler if we're going to go that route. Or even Winkler who over 50 innings has a 1.48 era in tulsa. He was the cal league pitcher of the year last season. Another name to look at would be Bergman in Colorado Springs. He has pitched well at every level, and just had a 25 inning scoreless streak snapped. Its tough to have scoreless innings in Colorado Springs. Needless to say we have some options, it might be time to look at some to replace Morales.
I'm happy for Winkler and all he has done, but crafty righties like him usually don't amount to much, especially at Coors. He will be the type of guy who has an awesome minor league career but tops out as a 5th starter on pitcher friendly teams or a middle reliever. Same with Bergamn.

As far as Gray goes, honestly, minor league experience is over rated. He was more or less major league ready out of the draft. It's not like he is developing pitches or learning anything. All that really matters are the financial considerations. And it's not like Butler is all that more experienced. He has what, 100 more pro innings. And I am actually a little concerned with Butlers lack of strikeouts.

Oh, and another name to add in is Matzek, who has really only had a few bad games.

hockeyfish is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 11:12 AM
  #72
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 24,228
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
From what I know, chatwood should be back sometime late June, early July. Sounds like he is doing well. Also, it seems like Grey is making a push to be called up sooner rather than later. They should be pretty close to passing the super 2 cutoff by now.
What's the super 2 cutoff?

tigervixxxen is online now  
Old
05-17-2014, 11:15 AM
  #73
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
What's the super 2 cutoff?
Are you asking what Super 2 is, or when the cutoff is? The cutoff varies but should be around the end of May I believe.

hockeyfish is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 01:27 PM
  #74
famicommander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
From what I know, chatwood should be back sometime late June, early July. Sounds like he is doing well. Also, it seems like Grey is making a push to be called up sooner rather than later. They should be pretty close to passing the super 2 cutoff by now.
Chatwood went on the 60 day DL retroactive to April 30, so the first of July is the absolute earliest we can see him.

And this news story says 6-8 weeks before he even begins throwing:
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/col/...&vkey=news_col

I'd be surprised if he's back before August.

famicommander is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 01:31 PM
  #75
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Chatwood went on the 60 day DL retroactive to April 30, so the first of July is the absolute earliest we can see him.

And this news story says 6-8 weeks before he even begins throwing:
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/col/...&vkey=news_col

I'd be surprised if he's back before August.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2014/05/16/wilin-rosario-due-back-rockies-sunday-weiss-concerned-ks/17557/


Quote:
Right-hander Tyler Chatwood is making excellent progress as he comes back from the strained flexor or tendon in his right arm. Hes been getting platelet rich plasma injections to help the healing process.

Now on the 60-day disabled list, hes eligible to return on June 28.

I have no doubt I can come back and perform and help the team this season, Chatwood said.

hockeyfish is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.