HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs Eager to Talk Trade (Discussing Kadri, Gardiner, Bolland and Kulemin)

Old
05-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
You guys are overreacting. Dreger, who is a rumor monger to start, is simply reporting that Leafs are eager to talk to teams .

I wouldn't be surprised if names like Kadri are coming up although I also don't believe Toronto is going to deal young talent.

If trade rights for impending Ufa's have any value whatsoever, I would be fairly surprised.

Basically, just Dreger whipping up stuff and none of these guys are likely to get moved.

Meanwhile, despite a frustrating meltdown, this is a team with a solid core headed for better things.

05-09-2014, 11:29 AM
jboknows

Here's my guess:

1) Kadri will be traded for a guy like Kassian (not saying him specifically, but someone who plays like him)
2) Gardiner will stay for this season (or at the very least part of the season)
3) Kulemin & Reimer both gone, for virtually nothing (one UFA and Reimer will get us a 3rd/4th)
4) Bolland resigned to a stupid contract
5) Franson resigned to a stupid contract

I hope that I'm just being negative because I'm angry with the resigning of Carlyle (and am one of the seemingly few that was pissed Burke was let go - **** you Rogers/Bell).

jboknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:30 AM
BraveCanadian

I'd be fine seeing Kadri go in a package as long as he was bringing back a distinct upgrade either at D or C. Guy is a legend in his own mind already.

Kulemin is easily replaceable for cheaper.

Bolland is injury prone. I like him but..

Gardiner I would prefer to keep but if he is in a package with Kadri and brings back one of the pieces the team really needs I'd be fine with it. Rielly makes him a little more expendable.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Diatomic
Naz is a bad bad boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
I still think Jake Gardiner ends up an Oiler. And the return he gets will have fans from one fanbase or the other very, very angry.
By no means are the leafs giving him away (nonis is stupid but he isn't ********).

Anyhow, nothing on the oilers entices me besides Sam gagner

Last edited by SoupNazi: 05-09-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:31 AM
htpwn

The solution to three straight collapses is to move youth and quality depth.

Not the core, not the players that are supposed to lead by example, the players who are supposed to be our best players. No, the Kadris and Kulemins of the world.

The Leafs being the Leafs.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:32 AM
jboknows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
You guys are overreacting. Dreger, who is a rumor monger to start, is simply reporting that Leafs are eager to talk to teams .

I wouldn't be surprised if names like Kadri are coming up although I also don't believe Toronto is going to deal young talent.

If trade rights for impending Ufa's have any value whatsoever, I would be fairly surprised.

Basically, just Dreger whipping up stuff.

Meanwhile, despite a frustrating meltdown, this is a team with a solid core headed for better things.
I don't think people are necessarily over-reacting, but rather making a calculated assessment. The team we had was unable to play Carlyle's system effectively. He's stubborn and old and unlikely to change too much in the way his structure is, so for management to resign him, that means that there is a decent chance roster moves are coming to bring in players that fit his system better.

Kadri, Gardiner, etc. don't seem to, which is why they were his scapegoats all year.

Old
05-09-2014, 11:34 AM
vanwest

Does Dreger get some sort of fee or commission from the Leafs for doing their PR work?
I think it goes without saying that most teams who missed the playoffs are eager to discuss trades.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Can leaf fans enlighten me as to why the Leafs are so dead set on trading Kadri and Gardiner ?

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:35 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post

Basically, just Dreger whipping up stuff and none of these guys are likely to get moved.

I disagree with your take on Dreger...when it comes to the Leafs, he reports what the team wants him to report. He just has no idea what is going on with other teams.

If he is reporting that teams are asking about these players, it is probably because the team is trying to drum up interest.

Of course, Gardiner is an RFA and Bolland and Kulemin UFAs, so it could just be to help in negotiations.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Roof Daddy

I would think the Oil would be interested in both Kadri and Gardiner. Leafs probably aren't interested in a deal based around futures, but what would need to be added to our 2015 1st?

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
UOTE=ManofSteel55;84851811]I still think Jake Gardiner ends up an Oiler. And the return he gets will have fans from one fanbase or the other very, very angry.
By no means are the leafs giving him away (nonis is stupid but he isn't ********).

Anyhow, nothing on the oilers entices me besides Sam gagner [/QUOTE]

Ha ha, this is exactly what I meant. It'll either be Gagner+ (Oilers fans happy, Leafs fans furious), or something involving Perron, Yakupov or our first round pick (Leafs fans happy, Oilers fans furious). Either way, I think it will happen, although I won't speculate on which end of the value scale it actually ends up on.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Diatomic
Naz is a bad bad boy

Where's my pitchfork and torch?

See you all at the ACC!!!

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Srsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Can leaf fans enlighten me as to why the Leafs are so dead set on trading Kadri and Gardiner ?
I'm afraid I can't.

The Leafs always seem to think they're one move away from making a huge splash in the post season and are amongst the most impatient management in the League.

It's disheartening really, but it is what it is. so toss us an injury prone 28-35 year old on the decline and we'll get it done.

Srsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
If available, Vancouver should be all over Kadri. We've played this game before though, there isn't a deal out there that both Vancouver and Toronto fans can agree on.

Jensen
Tanev

for

Kadri
Gardiner

It gives us something new to discuss and provides a shake-up? I have no idea, it's not like the Leafs want to get older haha.
This is honestly one of the worst proposals for Kadri/Gardiner possibly in the history of mankind. Think Kesler + 6th overall.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I would think the Oil would be interested in both Kadri and Gardiner. Leafs probably aren't interested in a deal based around futures, but what would need to be added to our 2015 1st?
Your 2014 1st and a couple warm bodies to take their places.

Old
05-09-2014, 11:40 AM
jboknows

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
This is honestly one of the worst proposals for Kadri/Gardiner possibly in the history of mankind. Think Kesler + 6th overall.
I've seen worse. Tanev / Horvat would be a combo that is closer in value, with something else being added.

Both of those players would appeal to Carlyle and his system much better than Kadri/Gardiner. Not saying I'd do a trade centred around this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs did

Old
05-09-2014, 11:41 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
So you want a top 3 pick AND another first round pick? You realize he asked about Kadri and Gardiner, not Kessel and van Reimsdyk, right?

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Roof Daddy

Quote:
While I think the value is probably fair, there is no way MacT does that. Dude has a serious ***** for Draisaitl. I think he'd also want to see if Ekblad drops.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bigleaf

We can't split up the twins. It just wouldn't be right.

Bigleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:42 AM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
Should trade Dion before anybody else.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:43 AM
jboknows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
More than the 2015 first, I'd want Nurse to be the starting block in a deal for those two.

Old
05-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
So you want a top 3 pick AND another first round pick? You realize he asked about Kadri and Gardiner, not Kessel and van Reimsdyk, right?
Yeah, and you realize you're not getting two players aged 23 ready to become prime time guys for a crap pick and scrubs, right? That 3rd overall doesn't hold nearly as much value as it appears you believe it does. You'd think with the Oilers use of top picks in recent history they'd understand that by now

Old
05-09-2014, 11:50 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

This organization is a dumpster fire if they trade away Kadri and Gardiner. Not only are they not the problem, they are players that should be leaned on to perform.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:54 AM
schneider3509

Would the leafs trade Kadri + Gardiner for Kesler and Corrado?

schneider3509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Znith

I really think Gardiner and Rielly had some great chemistry, and the defensive lapses we saw were a 19 year old rookie and a young offensive D trying to figure out the game. These two would be a killer pair going forward.

Problems on the leafs:
- Franson
- Reimer
- Reliable bottom pair puck mover (Maybe TJ Brennan?)
- Clarkson
- Lupul constant injuries
- 1 more top 6 forward to play with Lupul/Kadri
- coaching philosophy (lack of puck possession)

On that last note, Gardiner and Kadri are two of our best puck movers/handlers, which would really kill our puck possession.

Znith is offline   Reply With Quote