HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'll be cheering hard for Marty tonight.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2014, 08:56 PM
  #51
FinnLightning26
Registered User
 
FinnLightning26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lapland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
So the trade, officially, is:

Martin St. Louis
Conditional 2nd round pick in 2015 (condition if Callahan resigns)

for

Ryan Callahan
1st round pick in 2014
2nd round pick in 2014
1st round pick in 2015
Conditional 7nd round pick in 2015 (condition if Callahan resigns)

Holy ****. Even if Callahan doesn't resign, Yzerman basically robbed Sather, especially with the way we draft.
Oh man do I love that trade now. Almost as good was the Penguins choking a 3-1 lead.

FinnLightning26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 08:57 PM
  #52
Picklepete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Picklepete
Now we need Rangers to lose next round, so the pick is a higher 1st

Picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 09:02 PM
  #53
boltsfan9186
Registered User
 
boltsfan9186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepete View Post
Now we need Rangers to lose next round, so the pick is a higher 1st
Absolutely. Also I don't want Marty to make the Stanley Cup

boltsfan9186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 09:08 PM
  #54
Mehar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
So the trade, officially, is:

Martin St. Louis
Conditional 2nd round pick in 2015 (condition if Callahan re-signs with the Lightning)

for

Ryan Callahan
1st round pick in 2014
1st round pick in 2015
Conditional 7nd round pick in 2015 (condition if Callahan re-signs with the Lightning)

Holy ****. Even if Callahan doesn't resign, Yzerman basically robbed Sather, especially with the way we draft.

EDIT: Fixed. Not as much robbery as I thought at first, but still a pretty damn good haul.
A great trade for Tampa. People are forgetting that MSL is going to be 39 next month, and Tampa makes a great trade getting the picks they did for a guy who is on the downside of his career. Great job by Yzerman getting the package he did. With those two picks in the draft- Tampa can even package those to get an even higher pick if they choose to go that route. The future is definitely bright in Tampa.

Mehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 09:18 PM
  #55
FDfranklin
Standclose
 
FDfranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan9175 View Post
Absolutely. Also I don't want Marty to make the Stanley Cup
I think that might ruin watching it for me.

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 09:38 PM
  #56
jg39
SFY is great
 
jg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnLightning26 View Post
Oh man do I love that trade now. Almost as good was the Penguins choking a 3-1 lead.
Absolutely agree. I'm not sure which is better in my book, but I'll enjoy both.

4 first round picks in the next 2 drafts. SFY, you're a genius! I wonder who added the "2nd into a 1st with NYR making the ECF" condition...they earned a beer tonight

jg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 09:41 PM
  #57
Drouined My Career
should I stay or go?
 
Drouined My Career's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Good day for the Bolts but lots of work yet to do for SY this summer.

Drouined My Career is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 09:52 PM
  #58
Stamkos Intolerant
Here comes the $$$
 
Stamkos Intolerant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,680
vCash: 500
Lots of options now, we can use the picks, trade up to get a defenseman, trade the picks for a useful roster player (maybe in a package deal), or trade down for even more picks. This is a great place to be in. Imagine what a Brett Connolly + 2 1st round picks package could get us.

Thanks Marty.

Stamkos Intolerant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 10:19 PM
  #59
Hawkeye37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
I'm glad everybody was cheering for Marty. He's just eight wins from a cup - way to go!

Be careful what you wish for.

Hawkeye37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 10:31 PM
  #60
Hawkeye37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan9175 View Post
Absolutely. Also I don't want Marty to make the Stanley Cup
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Mod Edit)


Last edited by The Underboss: 05-14-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Edit
Hawkeye37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 10:35 PM
  #61
NatoGhost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye37 View Post
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Edit QP)
Um, that's the whole point? Many fans are still bitter about the way Marty left, myself included. I was rooting for the Rangers so we would get a better draft pick. Now I would like to see Marty choke and the Rangers get swept. The only thing I regret is that it will have to be by two other teams I hate, Montreal & Boston...


Last edited by The Underboss: 05-14-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Edit QP
NatoGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 10:36 PM
  #62
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle
 
HoseEmAllAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: water spicket
Country: United States
Posts: 7,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye37 View Post
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Edit)
What's wrong with that? If Marty's team won the last round, the Lightning got a significant asset back. Now that we don't get anything, and because Marty burned some bridges on his way out, why can't we root against him now?


Last edited by The Underboss: 05-14-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Edit QP
HoseEmAllAround is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 10:41 PM
  #63
Chris McKinlay
Registered User
 
Chris McKinlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
A great trade for Tampa. People are forgetting that MSL is going to be 39 next month, and Tampa makes a great trade getting the picks they did for a guy who is on the downside of his career. Great job by Yzerman getting the package he did. With those two picks in the draft- Tampa can even package those to get an even higher pick if they choose to go that route. The future is definitely bright in Tampa.
I'm not forgetting that. This was a fleecing from day one. The fact that you guys get an additional 1st now just wrecks my mind.

I'll be laughing when NYR and MSL get eliminated.

Chris McKinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 10:48 PM
  #64
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye37 View Post
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Edit)
Im pretty sure "the rest of us" share the same opinion of his and not yours. You must be new, I suggest you read the St. Louis thread a little.

Even if the Rangers lose next round the pick is gonna be 26 or 27 it's gonna be a really late 1st no matter what they do from here out. It seems like a steal from our end but the Rangers care more about making money from playoffs tickets then draft picks, they'll just throw cash at FA's to build their team and hope some later round picks pan out.


Last edited by The Underboss: 05-14-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Edit QP
HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:19 PM
  #65
Drouined My Career
should I stay or go?
 
Drouined My Career's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
I'm not forgetting that. This was a fleecing from day one. The fact that you guys get an additional 1st now just wrecks my mind.

I'll be laughing when NYR and MSL get eliminated.
Thanks.. now trade us Tanev?

Drouined My Career is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:27 PM
  #66
Chris McKinlay
Registered User
 
Chris McKinlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Thanks.. now trade us Tanev?
Sounds good. We're lacking depth at the GM position. Tanev for Yzerman.

Chris McKinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:36 PM
  #67
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gator Nation
Posts: 10,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
Sounds good. We're lacking depth at the GM position. Tanev for Yzerman.
Tanev for Chris Yzerman? You got yourself a deal

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:38 PM
  #68
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gator Nation
Posts: 10,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye37 View Post
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Edit)
I also rooted for Minnesota, LA, and Montreal to win in this round. Why? Because them eliminating the higher seeds gets Tampa a better pick in the first round. Now that the Rangers have given us their first the worse they do from here on out the better for us. So technically, we still have ducks in this fight only we're now betting on the Rangers to take a dive.


Last edited by The Underboss: 05-14-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Edit QP
chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 12:05 AM
  #69
Kramerica Industries
Registered User
 
Kramerica Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 500
Watching this Rangers/Penguins series had such a distinctive sense of deja vu that I was scared by the end of it.

Dominic Moore getting an assist in Game 7 in Pittsburgh. 3-1 series comeback after dropping both home games. Eery.

Kramerica Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 12:39 AM
  #70
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye37 View Post
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Edit)
You realize you're targeting 98% of this board right?

When you say "the rest of us," I think you're talking about yourself and that Graffiti guy who's been upset about the jerseys for something like five years.

Most of us have hopes pretty much in line with BF9175. We wanted to squeeze as much as possible out of the trade.


Last edited by The Underboss: 05-14-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Edit QP
DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 03:18 AM
  #71
BoltSTH
Registered User
 
BoltSTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,573
vCash: 500
I agree. Now we have their first I hope they get swept in the ECF, and crater next year so we get a high pick in a very strong draft class.

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 05:47 AM
  #72
Werewolf
Registered User
 
Werewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye37 View Post
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Edit)
Is this guy serious? Marty is no longer playing for the Lightning...stop swinging from his jockstrap. I'm the worst kind of fan as well...rooting for my team to get the best spot in the draft possible.


Last edited by The Underboss: 05-14-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Edit QP
Werewolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 05:53 AM
  #73
snowden
Man is matter
 
snowden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 1742
**** Marty. Hope they get swept in the ECF and he cries for days and that's the last time he's that close to the Cup. Thanks for the 1st rounders, dick

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 06:05 AM
  #74
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,194
vCash: 500
Say Montreal pulls off the upset tonight, who would you not want to see win a cup more Marty or the Canadians? The 20 year cup drought for Canadian teams is something I don't want to see end anytime soon.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 07:00 AM
  #75
2MinutesforGiraffing
angelsil on safari
 
2MinutesforGiraffing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
**** Marty. Hope they get swept in the ECF and he cries for days and that's the last time he's that close to the Cup. Thanks for the 1st rounders, dick
Yep.

I'd rather the Habs win than see him hoist another cup, too. Actually, I just want the West to win it this year. Nobody left in the East I don't dislike for some reason or another.

Go Ducks. Win for Teemu.

2MinutesforGiraffing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.