HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'll be cheering hard for Marty tonight.

Old
05-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 625
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsil View Post
Yep.

I'd rather the Habs win than see him hoist another cup, too. Actually, I just want the West to win it this year. Nobody left in the East I don't dislike for some reason or another.

Go Ducks. Win for Teemu.
This... I want Bos/MTL to beat the NYR's then lose to whoever comes out of the West.

05-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Boltsfan9175

vCash: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye37 View Post
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

(Edit)
A majority of Lightning fans want the same thing. I was cheering for the pick, not Marty (expect the game after his mother passed) and I still won't cheer for Marty.

Thanks for backing me up guys.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 05-14-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Edit QP
Boltsfan9175 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 08:43 AM
berlin
wait...... what?

vCash: 500
Quote:
People like you are the WORST kind of Lightning fans. You root for Marty to win the last round, but then you root against him when you no longer have any ducks in the fight.

Narrow your search to your one trailer park. The rest of us don't need you.
yea your alone on this one bub.

berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 09:05 AM
HoseEmUp

Evidently, all of the "WORST" Lightning fans post here. Weeeeird.

HoseEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 09:47 AM
AndyF
Rookie User

Brad Richards is the reason why I still cheer for the Rangers in this playoffs after getting the additional pick. One of my favorite players of all time.

AndyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 10:09 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
This is super FUNNY

Ummm I am the one with mental memory issues etc.. yet Hawkeye? He is the guy we all thanked when he joined, What he wrote about marty etc.. You all are reading what he said incorrectly imho.

He was saying he hates marty.

Not the other way around. He is disgusted that he now has a chance to win a cup still.

Well hopefully that ends this next series. Whether marty wins or loses or gets another cup I am very happy myself with that extra move of the pick becoming a first not a second

I want him to lose from here on out and am 98% sure that is what hawkeye wants.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ight=hawkeye37

Everything hawkeye has written is pretty much about marty and the hate he feels towards him. I think he read what your intentions were incorrectly Bolts and than everyone read what he wrote in wrong way also.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/se...rchid=25899409 all his posts 6 of 7 are the marty situation. I believe. He really hates marty.

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Im pretty sure "the rest of us" share the same opinion of his and not yours. You must be new, I suggest you read the St. Louis thread a little.

Even if the Rangers lose next round the pick is gonna be 26 or 27 it's gonna be a really late 1st no matter what they do from here out. It seems like a steal from our end but the Rangers care more about making money from playoffs tickets then draft picks, they'll just throw cash at FA's to build their team and hope some later round picks pan out.
BTW - the second part of that isn't right (I think). Only the SCF picks are set by playoff positioning - everything else is based off of regular season finish. If the Rags were the worst team to make the playoffs based on points, but made it to game 7 of the ECF, then the pick would still be the 15th pick (for instance).

At least I'm pretty sure how it is. So yeah, rooting for the Rags to lose could end up being a 10+ pick difference for our first rounder. Actually, the best thing for the Bolts draft position for the Rags pick may be the Habs making a run to the cup finals (and it would also benefit our pick).

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Kramerica Industries

Actually, the Conference Finalists are locked into those 26-29 spots. At worst, that pick will be #26 which, umm, WHY?

Kramerica Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 10:41 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:

(Edit)
I'll cheer for him to never win a single game again. And sleep just fine at night along with it.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 05-14-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Edit QP
ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
Actually, the Conference Finalists are locked into those 26-29 spots. At worst, that pick will be #26 which, umm, WHY?
Damn - that sucks. Am I off my rocker or did that used to be how it worked? **** - or am I an idiot and forgot we got a late pick when we drafted Namestnikov?

I'm probably an idiot.

Edit: Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Rules
A composite of all Member Clubs shall be prepared by placing:
i) First the Clubs which failed to qualify for the preceding playoffs in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest points total and followed by the Club having the next lowest points total, and so forth.
ii) The Clubs which participated in the preceding playoffs (but had not been ranked first in their respective Divisions and had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
iii) The Clubs which had been ranked first in their Divisions during the next preceding season (but had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
iv) The Stanley Cup winner shall select last, thus, positioning all Clubs on the list.

In the event of a tie for any position, such tie shall be resolved by application of the rules governing the determination of final League standings. The resulting list shall constitute the order of selection.
So by my reading it looks like 1-14 are the teams that didn't make the playoffs. 15-25 are the teams that made the playoffs but didn't win their division, 26-29 are the division winners, and 30 is the Stanley Cup Champs. (Subject to a division winner winning the Cup, etc.)

Old
05-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Bolt32

Someone with some actual skill on photoshop should make some tanking avatar's for the Rangers next season. I would laugh my testies off if we got a top 2 pick out of the deal.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 10:54 AM
HoseEmDown

By making it to the ECF the Rangers essentially won the Metro division so they'll pick 26 or 27. It's always been that way with the teams making it to the conference finals having one of the last 4 picks.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 10:54 AM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

Oh wait - clause iii probably means "division winners" as those who win the divisional round - not those who win the division in the regular season. Fair enough.

Old
05-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Yzlamic Extremist
Johnny Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Someone with some actual skill on photoshop should make some tanking avatar's for the Rangers next season. I would laugh my testies off if we got a top 2 pick out of the deal.
If we got one of the 3 star players in that draft

Yzlamic Extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless View Post
If we got one of the 3 star players in that draft
Bingo. Could you imagine if we got Eichel or Mcdavid. I wouldn't even know what to do at that point. Do you draft him, or trade him and shore up our defense for the next 15 years?

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 11:47 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Say Montreal pulls off the upset tonight, who would you not want to see win a cup more Marty or the Canadians? The 20 year cup drought for Canadian teams is something I don't want to see end anytime soon.
St. Louis AINEC

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Kramerica Industries

I don't care about the Canadian drought but the Canadien drought is something I love seeing.

Old
05-14-2014, 12:15 PM
HoseEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
This is super FUNNY

Ummm I am the one with mental memory issues etc.. yet Hawkeye? He is the guy we all thanked when he joined, What he wrote about marty etc.. You all are reading what he said incorrectly imho.

He was saying he hates marty.

Not the other way around. He is disgusted that he now has a chance to win a cup still.

Well hopefully that ends this next series. Whether marty wins or loses or gets another cup I am very happy myself with that extra move of the pick becoming a first not a second

I want him to lose from here on out and am 98% sure that is what hawkeye wants.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ight=hawkeye37

Everything hawkeye has written is pretty much about marty and the hate he feels towards him. I think he read what your intentions were incorrectly Bolts and than everyone read what he wrote in wrong way also.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/se...rchid=25899409 all his posts 6 of 7 are the marty situation. I believe. He really hates marty.

HoseEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 12:25 PM
ClassicMach

Quote:
No, you're right. There was some serious toxin floating around this organization from approximately the date of the "snub" all the way to the trade. We all remember how this team was blowing leads left and right in the final few games Marty was here. Whether he could've handled the situation better is something that I surely won't argue even now, and the fact that Marty got so little attention in that Cup video ceremony only heightens this fact, IMO.

1) while true, if Marty was ont he decline then Yzerman doesn't get anywhere near the haul he got for him. That he got that with leverage akin to having his hands tied behind his back is something that still blows my mind.

2) hahahaha, what's the problem with Hagelin?
Sorry I'm late on this, but Hagelin went to Michigan.

ClassicMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Peter Venkman

I'm rooting for Marty. No bitterness here. Every man has his reasons.

Peter Venkman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Kramerica Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicMach View Post
Sorry I'm late on this, but Hagelin went to Michigan.
You know, it's so weird for me to think of those European guys who went to American universities. I know Thomas Vanek went to Minnesota as well (obviously), Andrej Sustr went to college in the US, but I would've never guessed anything about Hagelin.

Goes to show I don't pay enough attention to collegiate hockey, I guess.

Old
05-14-2014, 12:52 PM
DFC

Quote:
By making it to the ECF the Rangers essentially won the Metro division so they'll pick 26 or 27. It's always been that way with the teams making it to the conference finals having one of the last 4 picks.
Is that taking the NJD situation into account? Or does that push us to a possible 25th?

DFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 01:01 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Is that taking the NJD situation into account? Or does that push us to a possible 25th?
Devils have the 30th pick this year. Rangers pick is between 25th and 29th depending on when they get eliminated/if they win the Cup.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 01:24 PM
ClassicMach

Quote:
You know, it's so weird for me to think of those European guys who went to American universities. I know Thomas Vanek went to Minnesota as well (obviously), Andrej Sustr went to college in the US, but I would've never guessed anything about Hagelin.

Goes to show I don't pay enough attention to collegiate hockey, I guess.
Well it helps that I went to a Div-I hockey school in the same conference. Also Michigan fans are the most insufferable people.

ClassicMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

While I'm happy for MSL, I can't stand the fact the Rags advanced.