HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens @ Bruins, TD Garden, Sat MAY 10th, 7PM

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
So now you know from where the Boston culture of baseless whining comes from.
Well yeah it's idiots like Donald S. et al who advocate putting away the whistles in the playoffs.
He could have had 7 on and would still whine cause thats just not a call you make

Old
05-10-2014, 02:00 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAS7ARD1Z3R View Post
**** man, I'm tripping balls just by skimming through the past games. whoever wins this game tonight is most likely going to win the series. how do they even decide 7th game home-ice? points scored in the series?
......boston has home ice in game 7....they finished ahead of us......but there wont be one when we win tonight

Old
05-10-2014, 02:04 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Well yeah it's idiots like Donald S. et al who advocate putting away the whistles in the playoffs.
He could have had 7 on and would still whine cause thats just not a call you make
exactly...they are a team who does not benefit from PP because they suck on it and our penalty kill is excellent. So naturally they are going to ***** and complain....another thing...a penalty is a penalty....when you take a penalty its because you took a ****ing penalty....if you dont want to get penalties then don't take ****ing penalties...

obvious idiots are obvious

Old
05-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
LOL...same thing i wanted to post. Sometimes Patches should just shut the **** up.
Because he didn't cause drama by saying the series will be over in the next 2 games? He wanted to take responsibility for his lack of production as perhaps a way to get himself going or a message to his teammates as an apology. Had he said 2 games, all it does is bring dumb drama...

Old
05-10-2014, 02:06 PM
S Bah

When playing a game like hockey, crap happens, as it does in life, for many of us. Try getting caught up in fights being outnumbered 10-2 guys your own size and bigger some older, and ending up in many of these that was the 60's & 70's. What do you do hide at home and let morons run the streets, nobody wanted the name "Rat". So you persevere until everyone either knuckled under, or you kept fighting.

Hockey and athlete's in most areas probably still witness these struggles depending upon where they grew up, so quit trying to psychoanalyze Pacioretty's injury and pay witness to the fact he's keeping Jarome Iginla off the scoresheet. Wake up and enjoy the games like fans should, it's an escape from reality not a war!

Old
05-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Because he didn't cause drama by saying the series will be over in the next 2 games? He wanted to take responsibility for his lack of production as perhaps a way to get himself going or a message to his teammates as an apology. Had he said 2 games, all it does is bring dumb drama...
No player is stupid enough to say '2 games' in a scrum. It does show where Pacioretty is in his head, though. He could have said 'for the rest of the series' or 'I have to play better during these playoffs'. Players are drilled for that nowadays. Could be that Pacioretty is as prepared for the playoffs as he is talking to the media

Old
05-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Tinordi > Beaulieu

You guys are overating Beaulieu. The guy is lost on defence. Yes, he's good on offence, but good god, he doesn't know what to do in d-zone.

Old
05-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Markov4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Talk about micro-analyzing every word that comes out of a player's mouth. The team sees it as a best of 3, that's all he was alluding to. Sheesh, tough crowd.

Old
05-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
......boston has home ice in game 7....they finished ahead of us......but there wont be one when we win tonight
I've decided to enter this game with a no great expectations approach for reasons of sanity.
After stealing 1 and entering 2 on a high getting a real glow on for 2/3rds of that game and being crushed. Then taking 3 with a real good effort and knowing with a certainty that 4 was ours only to be floored again. I know my doctor would advocate this.

GHG

Old
05-10-2014, 02:21 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Tinordi > Beaulieu

You guys are overating Beaulieu. The guy is lost on defence. Yes, he's good on offence, but good god, he doesn't know what to do in d-zone.
He's really not. You should re watch some of his games. He might make some bad decision but he can skate back and make up for them.

Meanwhile tinordi is still learning his limitations offensively and can make crushing turnovers..

Old
05-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
If I was Therrien I would use those lineups:

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Thomas Vanek
Rene Bourque - David Desharnais - Brendan Gallagher
Lars Eller - Michael Bournival - Brian Gionta
Brendon Prust - Ryan White - Dale Weise

P.K Subban - Alexei Emelin
Andrei Markov - Josh Gorges
Jarred Tinordi - Mike Weaver

Carey Price

We need muscle and greed, Ryan White, Brendon Prust and Dale Weise would be a great 4th line lots of grit, and put in Tinordi to give something new.
I think White brings alot and doesn't get enough credit. he's improved his discipline, good at face-offs, kills penalties, energetic, hits and provides grit.

Briere has a history of performing well in the playoffs and that's the reason he's in lineup instead of White. Briere still putting up points (@ 0.5 ppg and not his historic 1 ppg pace).

To me, its game by game, if Briere doesn't contribute tonight, I would insert White onto the 4th line.

DD and Pacs is ice cold right now. I recall Pacs taking a big hit from Chara earlier on in the series. head got crushed on the glass and I'm wondering if the effects are lingering.

On D, its the 6th spot in question. I would stick with Murray. for all his shortcomings, his physical play leaves an impression. we need that. I only see one of the young guys (tinordi, beaulieu) coming in as an injury replacement or if we are facing elimination, got blown out bad and/or Murray messes up very badly.

my in-game lineup if previous game's isn't working tonight:

Bourque - Eller - Gio
Pacs - Pleks - Bournival
Vanek - Briere - Gallagher
Moen - DD - Weise

Pacs and DD need some alone time from each other. we spread out our potential offensive threat more thoroughly and match ups become more difficult for boston.

DD is insulated again with two big physical wingers; briere gets the opportunity to reunite with vanek, while gally ups that line's energy; bournival's speed, determination, and puck retrieval can help pacs; eller line deserves to stay together.

positives from last game is that we corrected how we played the third and neutralized boston's third period onslaught.

i know the guys want to block everything. however, at times i think they are actually hurting price, especially when in close. its easy to say in retrospect, but we need controlled emotion while still maintaining an acute, high energy awareness.

good luck to us! go habs go!

Old
05-10-2014, 02:25 PM
billy piton

id go with:

bournival - plekanec - vanek
pacioretty - eller - gallagher
bourque - desharnais - gionta
moen - briere - wiese

gorges subban
markov emelin
beaulieu weaver

price
budaj

Old
05-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

Come on Habs, let go. We barely had any decent scoring chances last game, need to get going to the net to create some chances. These perimeter shots just aren't going to cut it.

Old
05-10-2014, 02:33 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricenyuk View Post
Come on Habs, let go. We barely had any decent scoring chances last game, need to get going to the net to create some chances. These perimeter shots just aren't going to cut it.
They need to get some traffic on Rask. If he can see it he's going to stop it and that's what happened in Game 4.

Old
05-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He's really not. You should re watch some of his games. He might make some bad decision but he can skate back and make up for them.

Meanwhile tinordi is still learning his limitations offensively and can make crushing turnovers..
There's a reason he finished the year in AHL and it's not because Therrien hates him.

Old
05-10-2014, 02:36 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
They need to get some traffic on Rask. If he can see it he's going to stop it and that's what happened in Game 4.
vanek infront on the PP and we're set

Old
05-10-2014, 02:36 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
There's a reason he finished the year in AHL and it's not because Therrien hates him.
Nah, from all reports it definitely seems to be a character kinda thing. You know how Therrien is with his high skilled defensemen and trying to make them better people

Old
05-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Nah, from all reports it definitely seems to be a character kinda thing. You know how Therrien is with his high skilled defensemen and trying to make them better people
Beaulieu is not the answer. Neither Murray.

Would prefer Tinordi 10 times out of 10 before them.

Old
05-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

vCash: 400
What a game for me to miss today...

05-10-2014, 02:41 PM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose Everdeen View Post

y u miss game?

Old
05-10-2014, 02:41 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

I definitely take Tinordi over murray and bouillon, but beaulieu quite easily was the better player in the regular season between the two. You can argue that because it's playoffs and 'tougher' that we need a guy like tinordi, but that same argument has failed for murray. You play the better player and the better player, right now, is beaulieu.

Old
05-10-2014, 02:42 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose Everdeen View Post

You know that if we win now, you won't be allowed to watch the next one?

Old
05-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
y u miss game?
A date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You know that if we win now, you won't be allowed to watch the next one?

Old
05-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:

I like Tinner but he is not a player that can make the difference between winning and losing.

Beaulieu is and will be a game breaker.

Old
05-10-2014, 02:50 PM
dutchy29

It definitely feels like we let one slip away last game, team just didn't seem to have enough urgency to score the big goal to put the nail in coffin and vs. this team they really needed to! Don't get me wrong they played a near perfect game defensively but it just seemed like they were playing to not make a mistake instead of playing to win.
Max and DD need to wake up tonight, if Habs lose series these two are going to get a lot of criticism as they are our #1 line and really haven't come up big enough when we have needed them, everyone else seems to have stepped up their game and these guys just aren't cashing in the points. Don't get me wrong they have played well but just haven't stepped it up a notch like everyone else on this team.

Closed Thread