HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-26-2005, 11:30 PM
  #1
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Anyone see the trailor for this movie and what do you think it will be like. I seen the documentary on this story and it has the makings for a creepy movie.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
08-26-2005, 11:33 PM
  #2
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,341
vCash: 422
I really don't know much about it, but I do want to see it.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
08-26-2005, 11:37 PM
  #3
Zodiac
Registered User
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,719
vCash: 500
I saw the trailer and thought that it looked wicked cool ...until I saw that it's rated PG-13.

studio just trying to grab as much cash as possible, once again.

sure it could still be good ...but i'd much rather an R rating.

Zodiac is offline  
Old
08-27-2005, 12:00 AM
  #4
BMRBruins
Registered User
 
BMRBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy
I saw the trailer and thought that it looked wicked cool ...until I saw that it's rated PG-13.

studio just trying to grab as much cash as possible, once again.

sure it could still be good ...but i'd much rather an R rating.
It does look interesting. I don't really think that a movie has to be rated R for it to be a good scary movie. Look at classic horror film makers like Hitchcook. The Birds scared the crap out of me. It's just easier today to draw a crowd with nothing but blood and gore. Look at "House of 1,000 Corpses," it's like a porno but with violence. Enter victim, enter murderer, interaction...money shot, next scene repeat. Where is the entertainment if you know exactly what is going to happen next.

BMRBruins is offline  
Old
08-27-2005, 12:06 AM
  #5
Zodiac
Registered User
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRBruins
It does look interesting. I don't really think that a movie has to be rated R for it to be a good scary movie. Look at classic horror film makers like Hitchcook. The Birds scared the crap out of me. It's just easier today to draw a crowd with nothing but blood and gore. Look at "House of 1,000 Corpses," it's like a porno but with violence. Enter victim, enter murderer, interaction...money shot, next scene repeat. Where is the entertainment if you know exactly what is going to happen next.
sure it could still be good ...my fave movie of all time, Jaws, was rated PG ...but i generally like my horror with an R rating. I don't like it when they hold back for the kiddies sake. cheap scares and quick cut aways ...it bothers me.

Zodiac is offline  
Old
08-27-2005, 12:17 AM
  #6
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,800
vCash: 500
I think I saw this movie back when it was called "The Exorcist."

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
08-27-2005, 07:01 AM
  #7
Raging Bull
Registered User
 
Raging Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hamilton, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
I think I saw this movie back when it was called "The Exorcist."
This one is based on a true story. It follows the court case against the Catholic Church more than the actual exorcism.

Raging Bull is offline  
Old
08-27-2005, 07:09 AM
  #8
WeedMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull
This one is based on a true story. It follows the court case against the Catholic Church more than the actual exorcism.
The Exorcist was inspired by a true story.

I believe the case of possession involved a young boy, rather than a girl, though.

I'd put a large sum of money down that this movie wont come even close to being as good as The Exorcist.

WeedMan is offline  
Old
08-27-2005, 04:28 PM
  #9
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedMan
The Exorcist was inspired by a true story.

I believe the case of possession involved a young boy, rather than a girl, though.

I'd put a large sum of money down that this movie wont come even close to being as good as The Exorcist.
I can't see how anything can top the impact The Exorcist had on people back then.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
08-27-2005, 04:33 PM
  #10
TVanek26*
 
TVanek26*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buffalo,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
This looks scary.I do like my Horror pictures rated R,but there have been a few PG-13 that have been somewhat scary.

TVanek26* is offline  
Old
08-28-2005, 09:15 PM
  #11
No Quarter
Registered User
 
No Quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Turtle Creek PA.
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
This looks scary.I do like my Horror pictures rated R,but there have been a few PG-13 that have been somewhat scary.

Poltergiest

No Quarter is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.