HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steen Impressive

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Steen Impressive

Prospect Corner - Round 4
[10/03/2003]

Prospects of the Round

#1 Alexander Steen, Frölunda
Alexander Steen was arguably the best player on the ice when Frölunda defeated HV71 5-3. Steen scored a beautiful goal and created a lot of scoring chances. Steen has now 3 points after 4 games. Experts have predicted that he'll get his big breakthrough this season and so far it is looking very good.

http://eliteprospects.com/news.php?news=540

Old
10-03-2003, 04:46 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Prospect Corner - Round 4
[10/03/2003]

Prospects of the Round

#1 Alexander Steen, Frölunda
Alexander Steen was arguably the best player on the ice when Frölunda defeated HV71 5-3. Steen scored a beautiful goal and created a lot of scoring chances. Steen has now 3 points after 4 games. Experts have predicted that he'll get his big breakthrough this season and so far it is looking very good.

http://eliteprospects.com/news.php?news=540
He's look great I agree but why do I get this feeling deep down that he will never play for the Leafs in the NHL when he's at his prime?

Old
10-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Epoch

He'll be a very good player for Toronto in a few years. 1st or 2nd line potential.

Old
10-03-2003, 05:14 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤TÕR-TØWѤ
He'll be a very good player for Toronto in a few years. 1st or 2nd line potential.
I get this feeling that the Leafs will deal him away like they did last season with Boyes and McCauley for some experienced player in exchange.

Old
10-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
I get this feeling that the Leafs will deal him away like they did last season with Boyes and McCauley for some experienced player in exchange.
With the youngest GM in the League ... I think we have seen the end HOPEFULLY of always sacrifising the future for the present..

If the Green thing should teach us anything , its that Vets will not bew secure and if youngsters are more deserving then they will play...

I think after Steen impressed Quinn and Fergy in training camp in Sweden it would take a deal that would knock socks off for him to be traded.. a young dman because of depth that is a different story..

Old
10-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Transplanted Caper

thats good to hear about Steen, any good prospect can only help!!!

Old
10-03-2003, 05:47 PM
caber24

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Won't happen. Alot of the Leafs core is getting up there in age. They need to add youth to the group and Leaf management know this. Steen won't be traded for a vet....

Old
10-03-2003, 08:18 PM
darrylsittler27

Steen wont be traded

The leafs just dumped boyes,now they dump steen too?Heading into a strike where half the team may retire after.At center (prospects)the leafs have antropov and steen and then it dips off fast.We have young defensemen to trade if we need to sweaten any pot.With the emergence of this perrot kid one cant help but wonder who he will replace.With no one taking reichel,the leafs may have to trade salary for salary.Which makes trading steen who can play in europe unsigned until the strike ends,very unlikely trade bait.

Old
10-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27
The leafs just dumped boyes,now they dump steen too?Heading into a strike where half the team may retire after.At center (prospects)the leafs have antropov and steen and then it dips off fast.We have young defensemen to trade if we need to sweaten any pot.With the emergence of this perrot kid one cant help but wonder who he will replace.With no one taking reichel,the leafs may have to trade salary for salary.Which makes trading steen who can play in europe unsigned until the strike ends,very unlikely trade bait.
On additional point is that Matty Stajan should have been added to your Center list of the Future...

Old
10-04-2003, 04:22 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Nah I don't see the leafs trading Steen. I do how ever see them trading a player Like Bell and a roster player to improve the team. I think the Green move was more so to fee up a roster spot for someone like Perrott or possibly Stajan. I do how ever see at least one more move coming to dump some of the excess weight.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:28 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Nah I don't see the leafs trading Steen. I do how ever see them trading a player Like Bell and a roster player to improve the team. I think the Green move was more so to fee up a roster spot for someone like Perrott or possibly Stajan. I do how ever see at least one more move coming to dump some of the excess weight.
Perrott would be a great fit for the Leafs. Not only does he fight, he always plays with heart and confidence. All the preseason games he's played in, he's always been the hardest working player.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:34 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤TÕR-TØWѤ
Perrott would be a great fit for the Leafs. Not only does he fight, he always plays with heart and confidence. All the preseason games he's played in, he's always been the hardest working player.
I totally agree, i want him to take Green's spot, i bet he can contribute just as much if not more, maybe in the playoffs too, he looks like that kinda player

Old
10-04-2003, 05:13 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
I totally agree, i want him to take Green's spot, i bet he can contribute just as much if not more, maybe in the playoffs too, he looks like that kinda player
I agree like I said from the beginning of the year Perrott I think would be a welcome addition to the leafs roster. He backs down from no one hit's everything in sight and does not take stupid penalties . He is a high energy player who works hard every time on the ice and I think that is something the leafs decently need in the line up and Domi /Belak /Perrott is one hell of a line to throw out there in one of those games that start getting out of hand...

Closed Thread