HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maple Leaf Square

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2005, 01:49 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

vCash: 500
Maple Leaf Square

Holy crap, I don't know what you guys have wrote about this in the past, but that is a huge undertaking for MLSEL, is the government paying for this, or is it a MSEL. I knew the company was big, but this is crazy.

Old
08-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
Holy crap, I don't know what you guys have wrote about this in the past, but that is a huge undertaking for MLSEL, is the government paying for this, or is it a MSEL. I knew the company was big, but this is crazy.
Was posted about six months ago. The bad news is that LEafs TV is getting its own boradcast centre, which means son enough all Leafs games will be on Leafs TV (and the ******** know I'll buy it too!).

Old
08-27-2005, 01:56 PM
The Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
Absolutely no government hand-outs, it is all MLSE money, it looks like a great project, downtown T.O. will rock once ALL those condo buildings are finished. The new sports bar (I think it holds 2000) will really be a mini ACC on game days.

Old
08-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Epoch

That sounds very cool.

Old
08-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
Was posted about six months ago. The bad news is that LEafs TV is getting its own boradcast centre, which means son enough all Leafs games will be on Leafs TV (and the ******** know I'll buy it too!).
Definately all games from sunday through friday will be on Leafs TV but do you think they would dare take away the games from HNIC and deprive fans of Ron McLean and Don Cherry?

Old
08-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy73806498
Definately all games from sunday through friday will be on Leafs TV but do you think they would dare take away the games from HNIC and deprive fans of Ron McLean and Don Cherry?
Well my guess is there will be a dual broadcast for Saturday and playoff games.

Old
08-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Well if they do that then they are cutting into HNIC revenue. Not that they actually care about that. But it should be intersting to see what happens with Leafs TV over the next few years. And the square looks great. I'll have to visit when its finished

Old
08-27-2005, 02:11 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

ya, I would tend to think HNIC would keep their Saturday night games, otherwise, I don't see why TMLSEL wouldn't begin broadcasting the majority of the games, gives people way more reason to subscribe.

Old
08-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

Damnit and I love my digital cable, but the Leafs come first if I have to get Satelitte to watch the Leafs on Leafs TV next year I'll buy it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they put the games on NHL Centre Ice, like what they do for Canucks PPV games.

Old
08-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan313
Damnit and I love my digital cable, but the Leafs come first if I have to get Satelitte to watch the Leafs on Leafs TV next year I'll buy it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they put the games on NHL Centre Ice, like what they do for Canucks PPV games.
All Leaf TV regular season games are on NHL Center Ice

Old
08-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan313
Leafs TV is on cable...

Old
08-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Leafs TV is on cable...
Not on Cogeco Digital cable.

Old
08-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Original6

Quote:
Nah leafs tv won't do that because they make more money by letting people show their games. What they will do from now on is show about 20 games a season because they are cleaning up with whatever is left. Most stations only want 20 - 25 leafs games a year and that's what leafs tv is offering. I heard all this stuff on prime time sports when richard peddie was asked question on all this. People thought they were going to pull a vancouver canucks on us and make some games ppv only. 10 bucks a game.

Old
08-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I don't think a CBC contract would permit dual broadcasts - why would they?

And though I do agree that Leaf TV will have most of the games I also agree that CBC will keep Sat night and at least some of the playoff games.

Can Leafs TV hire Chris Cuthbert and leave Bob Cole at CBC? I'm pretty sure Joe Bowen would have a slot at channel 414.

Old
08-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHockey
Nah leafs tv won't do that because they make more money by letting people show their games. What they will do from now on is show about 20 games a season because they are cleaning up with whatever is left. Most stations only want 20 - 25 leafs games a year and that's what leafs tv is offering. I heard all this stuff on prime time sports when richard peddie was asked question on all this. People thought they were going to pull a vancouver canucks on us and make some games ppv only. 10 bucks a game.
Its been 7 years since I lived in Toronto but I remember that every Leaf game was on TV when I lived there. And there was no Leafs TV. I think at one point Global had all the weekday games and then they shared some games one year with another station I forget who. Of course HNIC always had the Saturday games.

The point I am making is that by even showing 12 games, aren't they taking games away from whomever else would have shown them? Those 12 games would be televised somewhere. And if you are saying that they make more money licensing out there games then why even have 12 games on Leafs TV? Why even have 1?

I am asking these questions because I have no idea what the answers are. The whole scenario seem odd.

Old
08-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recidivist
I don't think a CBC contract would permit dual broadcasts - why would they?

And though I do agree that Leaf TV will have most of the games I also agree that CBC will keep Sat night and at least some of the playoff games.

Can Leafs TV hire Chris Cuthbert and leave Bob Cole at CBC? I'm pretty sure Joe Bowen would have a slot at channel 414.
If Leafs TV hires Chris Cuthbert it will elleviate any pain of them ripping me off for their station every month.

Closed Thread