HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu

Old
05-14-2014, 11:12 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

vCash: 500
Not to many shifts tonight, but he was good. Another assist too!

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Scary how fast the team looks with him in the lineup. 2 points in 2 playoff games. If this is the start of a breakout campaign look out.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 11:24 PM
Habbadasher

Very impressive performance in a high pressure game.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Tyson

Nathan played well defensively, never panics with the puck. He should have been back after the Olympics, he was playing great. Glad he is in the line up!

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Now he will make the team all year...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Moroccan

Beaulieu and Tinordi next year and keep Weaver as a 7th D

Moroccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:15 AM
Habit11

2 and 0eaulieu

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:18 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
2 and 0eaulieu
2 points to boot. Can't believe the idea of scratching murray for him was met with so much opposition.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:27 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
2 and 0eaulieu

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:27 AM
TheGoalJudge

When he dumped that puck in on the PP and chased it himself it looked like he was shot out of a cannon, my god.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:34 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
When he dumped that puck in on the PP and chased it himself it looked like he was shot out of a cannon, my god.
I liked that a lot.

Beaulieu has played himself into a starting position for the duration of the playoffs.

Kudos to Therrien for finally giving him a chance.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:37 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
2 points to boot. Can't believe the idea of scratching murray for him was met with so much opposition.
Cant speak for anyone else but myself.....

I really thought that Beaulieu had ZERO chance of being inserted into the lineup by Therrien.

I am thankful that Therrien reads this forum and listened to you.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:37 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
was it?

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:43 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Cant speak for anyone else but myself.....

I really thought that Beaulieu had ZERO chance of being inserted into the lineup by Therrien.

I am thankful that Therrien reads this forum and listened to you.
I'm quite happy as well. Better late than never. And hell, maybe Therrien learned a lesson that will stay with him. I'm proud to say that I may have helped make him a better coach, nay, a better person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
was it?
It took a very long time for the reality of the 'murray situation' to really sink in with some posters/media. Many defended him as being necessary due to the bruins toughness and several other traditional hockey platitudes I don't care to repeat. You can roll back a few pages of the 'who sits' thread. Christ, some people even voted for weaver. One poster was even saying that he wouldn't even have tinordi or beaulieu up NEXT year, and that it would be pateryn instead. Mind boggling ****, I tells you.

Then there's Mitch Melnick flipping the **** out on his blog and looking like an idiot. The media informs the masses, and it just so happens that most sports media in this city is absolutely ****ing clueless.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 12:55 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
I'm quite happy as well. Better late than never. And hell, maybe Therrien learned a lesson that will stay with him. I'm proud to say that I may have helped make him a better coach, nay, a better person.

It took a very long time for the reality of the 'murray situation' to really sink in with some posters/media. Many defended him as being necessary due to the bruins toughness and several other traditional hockey platitudes I don't care to repeat. You can roll back a few pages of the 'who sits' thread. Christ, some people even voted for weaver. One poster was even saying that he wouldn't even have tinordi or beaulieu up NEXT year, and that it would be pateryn instead. Mind boggling ****, I tells you.

Then there's Mitch Melnick flipping the **** out on his blog and looking like an idiot. The media informs the masses, and it just so happens that most sports media in this city is absolutely ****ing clueless.
I'm a Murray defender but I still wanted Beaulieu in Game 6. Even called/pleaded for it on another board.

Can't wait to see what he can do once he gets more minutes. That shot block last game was great but I even saw him do that in the Q playoffs his last year with St.Js.

Sweet yeezus the future is bright.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 08:39 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
And there was a shift in the defensive zone where he pursued the play into one corner, quickly moved back to the front of the net, then beat a B forward to a rebound and cleared the zone. That was more movement in, oh, 5 seconds, than Murray could've accomplished in 20.

I'm a little disappointed that he only played 8 minutes, but I kind of get it, not to toss a rookie in over his head. He's doing damn well though. I hope Therrien ups him into the 12-minute range for the start of the Rangers series, especially in the first two games with home ice where he can shelter his starts a bit. Every extra minute Beaulieu can handle is an extra minute another D-man can rest, and that will pay off as we go deeper.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 02:37 PM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
And there was a shift in the defensive zone where he pursued the play into one corner, quickly moved back to the front of the net, then beat a B forward to a rebound and cleared the zone. That was more movement in, oh, 5 seconds, than Murray could've accomplished in 20.

I'm a little disappointed that he only played 8 minutes, but I kind of get it, not to toss a rookie in over his head. He's doing damn well though. I hope Therrien ups him into the 12-minute range for the start of the Rangers series, especially in the first two games with home ice where he can shelter his starts a bit. Every extra minute Beaulieu can handle is an extra minute another D-man can rest, and that will pay off as we go deeper.
I remember that play and also there was another play where we were dead tired and our RW had the puck but you knew he had no chance to get to the red line and dump it in. Beaulieu shot out of the zone to give him an outlet and dumped it in himself.

When D-Men can support the forwards like that your team is so much better.

One guy on Boston who gives me a heart attack is Krug. The guy joins the rush and supports the forwards so well. He's so dangerous because the trailing D man is rarely picked up properly.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I'm a Murray defender but I still wanted Beaulieu in Game 6. Even called/pleaded for it on another board.

Can't wait to see what he can do once he gets more minutes. That shot block last game was great but I even saw him do that in the Q playoffs his last year with St.Js.

Sweet yeezus the future is bright.
Many of the people opting for Murray were opting for him over Cube.
This was in desperation. This was with the assumption that neither Bollie nor Tinner were ever likely.
That Game 2 was the perfect opportunity to insert Bollie and Pleading for it.
At least one of them has gone on record saying the greatest blunder of the 2014 season was not having both Tin Man and Bollie logging regular minutes by Mid Season.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Highlight of his night, and hopefully signs of what's going to happen for years to come.

He has all the tools to become an elite PMD in this league. Every other players, including Subban, struggled to gain the Bruins' zone all night long on the PP. Beaulieu comes in, gets into the zone as easily as a hot knife through butter, dumps it in, and gets it back in the corner all by himself.

I hope Therrien has seen enough of him to have him on the third pair full time by next season. He's ready. Resign Weaver as the 6th defenseman and keep Tinordi close in case of injury.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Highlight of his night, and hopefully signs of what's going to happen for years to come.

He has all the tools to become an elite PMD in this league. Every other players, including Subban, struggled to gain the Bruins' zone all night long on the PP. Beaulieu comes in, gets into the zone as easily as a hot knife through butter, dumps it in, and gets it back in the corner all by himself.

I hope Therrien has seen enough of him to have him on the third pair full time by next season. He's ready. Resign Weaver as the 6th defenseman and keep Tinordi close in case of injury.
I have never been impressed by Subban's ability to lead a rush or carry the puck in and gain the zone. His hockey sense for those things are not there, whereas for a Datsyuk, Letang or indeed, Beaulieu, they makes it look far more natural.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Kadri View Post
I have never been impressed by Subban's ability to lead a rush or carry the puck in and gain the zone. His hockey sense for those things are not there, whereas for a Datsyuk, Letang or indeed, Beaulieu, they makes it look far more natural.
It's weird with Subban. Sometimes he'll dangle thourhg the whole team, some other times he'll fall back 2 or 3 times in his own zone not knowing what to do with the puck.

I mean, Letang doesn't have that much hockey sense, in my opinion. How can such an offensively talented defenseman suck the life out of every power-play opportunities for his team still boggles my mind to this day. But he's fast. Probably the best skating defenseman in the league, or at least in the discussion with the likes of Keith, Karlsson and Campbell as far as speed is concerned. And that's what Subban has been lacking the most lately, I'd say. I mean, he's still fast, and one of the best skaters in his own way, but at times it doesn't seem enough for him to play the style he wants to play.

I've said it a few times already, but Subban seems too bulky for his frame. He clearly isn't quite as fast as he once was, nor as hardy. I see a lot of people saying he could easily handle 30 minutes a night, but with his style of play and his current conditioning, I sincerely doubt that.

Sure, what he lost in speed and endurance doesn't necessarily offset what he gained in strength and puck possession skills, but I think it'd be beneficial if he shed 10-15 pounds this summer. It fits his style better.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Et le But

The thing with Subban is he's not a technically great skater. I don't know if it's because he's too bulky, he obviously has speed but he's not that fluent with it. Perhaps he should drop a few pounds, though it's a balance because his strength is also an asset, but a lighter Subban might be able to make more consistent use of his skill. I trust his decision making, but sometimes Subban does seem to lose control.

Beaulieu, on the other hand, is ridiculously smooth. It's what he has in common with Letang. Who knows what level he will reach, but he's already one of the better players on the team at gaining the zone with the puck.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Next year:

Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Weaver

It's time.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Saundies

For me, the things Beaulieu does well heavily outweighs the things he doesn't. Sure, he's not great in his own end but he's got a quick, crisp first pass out of the zone. He's one of the smoothest skaters I've seen in a long time. He jumps into the rush to create that element of surprise and adds to the attack, and last but certainly not least he's amazing at getting the puck through on the goalie when he's shooting. You need a D who can do that, especially in this league, to create chances with traffic in front. You can only watch Josh Gorges dump it into the corner so many times before you crave watching a guy like this.

Once he really fills out his big frame to compliment his skill, he's got the upside to be a force. I hope he sticks for at least the rest of the POs and finds himself in the top 6 next year.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

His poise, hockey sense and skating are ridiculous. Hope we can develop him to his max potential, I think he has the upside to be an all-star d-man.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote