HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Future PIT Moves Should They Lose

Old
05-13-2014, 10:58 AM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 50
Sign one of the top UFA wingers, and then stop drafting defenseman. There's a lot of great wingers that get drafted between 20-30. Then once Pouliot arrives, trade Letang in a one for one deal.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Natepollock92

vCash: 500
Trade scuderi, Letang and MAF, let orpik walk, sign Niskanen, fire DB.

I think a really interesting move would be to get a C/wing hybrid similar to Pavelski. The biggest difference between pens Stanley cup team and this team is Crosby is soaking up the tough minutes that Staal used to take, so Malkin is still "sheltered" but sid isnt. They need a guy who can take those tough match ups and plug into that RW spot as well. Letang moved for pavelski and sign Niskanen with the free cap space? Letang moved for ROR+? I cant think of any others off the top of my head.

The MAF situation is a hard one because who are you going to find thats better than him really? Maybe start rushing Jarry a little he definitely looks like the real deal.

Natepollock92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:22 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetThePuckOut View Post
Sign one of the top UFA wingers, and then stop drafting defenseman. There's a lot of great wingers that get drafted between 20-30. Then once Pouliot arrives, trade Letang in a one for one deal.
So, sign an enigma like Tomas Vanek is an answer? LOL.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:26 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
From Buffalo:

2nd overall + NYI 2015 1st + two 2nds + Chris Stewart.
That's not enough.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:28 AM
crowi

I'm guessing PIT will trade every single player except Crosby before they even consider moving Malkin. I'd put more value on this if it mentioned Letang instead of Malkin.

It really seems like he is just creating buzz once again.

crowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:28 AM
That1Kid
suh dude

Dreger is like your buddy that goes to camp and comes back talking about how much action he got even though he never gets any at home. Trolling with the best of them.

That1Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post

Neal to Vancouver for Kassian and Vancouver's 1st (6th overall)
Dear lord no. That is embarassingly bad. Do you really, honestly think Neal is worth that? Or that the Canucks would even bother to consider that deal before hanging up? Did you consider our team needs? Let me put it like this: Neal isn't even worth the 6th overall pick.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:36 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Dear lord no. That is embarassingly bad. Do you really, honestly think Neal is worth that? Or that the Canucks would even bother to consider that deal before hanging up? Did you consider our team needs? Let me put it like this: Neal isn't even worth the 6th overall pick.

A 30-40 goal scorer isn't worth a third line enforcer and the 6th pick in a not so great draft?

Old
05-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
That's just not true. More often than not, the team that trades the best player is the one that loses the trade. I think the Penguins will be fine running the two best players in the world down the middle for the next 6-7 years. Like others have said, get rid of Letang way before you consider moving Malkin. They have the defensive prospects to fill the void.
Usually, yes. But there's also usually reasons forcing a GMs hand in making that trade (trade request, financial, etc). However if a GM is doing it solely because he feels he can get a great return, then there's nothing wrong with seeing what the market would bare. And if there isn't a great return out there, then they just keep him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Why phase Dupuis out of the top six, if there is a big chemistry thing going between him, Sid and Kunitz. When in tact, its one of the most productive lines in the NHL by far. People keep degrading Dupuis. Those who do, haven't watched much to me.
Because he can't make a play for the life of him? Crosby makes Dupuis better. But Dupuis doesn't make Crosby better, and as we're seeing with Malkin and Neal, once the time/space is gone in the playoffs, the scoring dry's up. Dupuis would be a great 3rd liner who can skate, and be solid defensively. Pair him with Goc/Sutter who and someone like Bennett who can make plays, and the 3rd line suddenly becomes a good line that can provide a bit of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
tatar, frk and kindl for letang?
Honestly, I'd prefer a more established player. Someone like Eberle, etc. Nyquist is a nice piece, however there would have to be a decent plus added and I don't see Detroit or their fans going there.

05-13-2014, 11:40 AM
uTurris
We the True North

Maybe they should try and get Yakupov

Pittsburgh:
Nail Yakupov

Edmonton:
1st 2014
1st 2015
Derrick Pouliot
Beau Bennett

Last edited by uTurris: 05-13-2014 at 09:41 PM.
uTurris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Dreger is smoking crack.

Malkin has showed up to the playoffs this year. Sid hasn't.

They did get Sid a better winger last year and he preferred to play with Dupuis over Iginla so **** your theory in your ass Dreger.
IF that's true, then our coach is a ****ing idiot to not put his foot down. Coaches decides icetime/lines, players play to the best of their ability with what they're given, in the role requested of them.

IF Sid is being a little ***** about this and how he wants to play with Dupuis... I'd trade Dupuis's ass out of there so fast - even if I had to pay a club to take him, just to remove that option from the equation.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:41 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Usually, yes. But there's also usually reasons forcing a GMs hand in making that trade (trade request, financial, etc). However if a GM is doing it solely because he feels he can get a great return, then there's nothing wrong with seeing what the market would bare. And if there isn't a great return out there, then they just keep him.

Because he can't make a play for the life of him? Crosby makes Dupuis better. But Dupuis doesn't make Crosby better, and as we're seeing with Malkin and Neal, once the time/space is gone in the playoffs, the scoring dry's up. Dupuis would be a great 3rd liner who can skate, and be solid defensively. Pair him with Goc/Sutter who and someone like Bennett who can make plays, and the 3rd line suddenly becomes a good line that can provide a bit of everything.

Honestly, I'd prefer a more established player. Someone like Eberle, etc. Nyquist is a nice piece, however there would have to be a decent plus added and I don't see Detroit or their fans going there.
Pittsburgh fans are too consumed trying to find a winger for Sid when they have one that has ACTUALLY produced with him like Dupes. Sure, ideally Dupes is a great third line guy, however, its easy to say (insert your young stud forward like - lol Evander Kane) would automatically produce with Crosby. We have seen this movie before.

Old
05-13-2014, 11:42 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 2377
The only way the Penguins improve by trading Malkin is if they get a first-line winger for Sid, a second-line winger, and a second-line center to fill Malkin's spot.

I don't think they can fit that under the cap.

I also put a 0% chance on a team that is routinely making the second or third round trading a star player for several less attractive pieces on the off chance they get to the Finals again. It's a business. Playoff revenues matter. Marquee names matter.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
the following makes it a little more complicated for them to do a major shake up, plus the have 13-UFAs and 4-RFAs coming up in July...

EDIT: 55M of 71M (77%) locked for 2014/15 for 14 roster spots (9 open)

E. Malkin NMC (Ends July 1st 2014)

S. Crosby NMC
J. Neal NTC (Limited)
P. Dupuis NTC (Provide 8 teams)
C. Kunitz NTC (Limited)
P. Martin NMC
B. Scuderi NTC (Modified)
K. Letang NTC (Starts 14/07/01)
MA Fleury NTC (Limited)

http://capgeek.com/penguins
Yes Malkin's NMC ends on June 30th... however his new contract (that contains a full NMC) kicks in on July 1st. So no, there's no trading Malkin without him waiving his NMC.

Old
05-13-2014, 11:43 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cheifele5 View Post

Pittsburgh:
Nail Yakupov

Edmonton:
1st 2014
1st 2015
Beniot Pouliot
Beau Bennett

Why should Pittsburgh have to pay 2.50 on the dollar for a guy that seriously regressed this year? This is a joke. By the way, Benoit Pouliot plays for the Rags. We have Derek Pouliot. Way too much value for a moody Russian. Again, one of the worst ideas I've seen on this board and that is saying something. Edmonton fan would jump for glee.

Old
05-13-2014, 11:46 AM
quackquackquack

Trade Malkin for 2 wingers and a goalie.

quackquackquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:

Pittsburgh:
Nail Yakupov

Edmonton:
1st 2014
1st 2015
Beniot Pouliot
Beau Bennett
That's the most ridiculous proposal I've seen. There's no way anyone and I mean any team in the league would pay that for Yakupov.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
And once again HF overvalues draft picks. You hope that whoever is picked at 6th turns out like Neal. Unless Pittsburgh was making other moves, there's not a chance in hell I'd do Kassian, 1st for Neal.

Old
05-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
Quote:
A 30-40 goal scorer isn't worth a third line enforcer and the 6th pick in a not so great draft?
First off Kassian is not a third line enforcer, actually because you said that at all tells me you know nothing about him and next to nothing about the Canucks. Neal may've scored 40 goal once but that makes him as much of a 40 goal scorer as Kesler is then add in that Kesler did it with Raymond and Sammuelsson in his wings (admittedly some on the PP with the Sedins) as opposed to the 3rd best player in the world setting him up, coupled with the discipline issues and the fact the league already hates our team and no, he isn't worth that, not to us at least.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Pittsburgh fans are too consumed trying to find a winger for Sid when they have one that has ACTUALLY produced with him like Dupes. Sure, ideally Dupes is a great third line guy, however, its easy to say (insert your young stud forward like - lol Evander Kane) would automatically produce with Crosby. We have seen this movie before.
I've never said get Kane. And while Dupuis has produced, he still doesn't help do anything for Crosby. He doesn't create time or space for him, and he can't make plays in the space that Crosby creates. It works... much like me riding my bike to work works... but it's so far from ideal it's not even funny.

Old
05-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

The Pens have a coaching problem. It's the unfortunate reality of a team built on star power. Eventually the ego's trump the guy telling them what to do. When the coach is an average one, that only compounds the issue.

Bylsma was fine for loosening the reins after Therrien left, but since then he's done a lousy job of implementing a quality system and holding his players accountable. I think they'll give another coach a crack at the current roster before they roll a grenade into the room and blow it all up by dealing Malkin or anyone else really significant.

I think they really miss Dupuis. His veteran presence goes a long way towards holding the players accountable and setting an example on the ice.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buy Gold

vCash: 2626
Trading Malkin would be the single stupidest thing the Penguins could do. Considering he's just about the only guy giving a consistent effort on the ice I think it's safe to say that he's not the problem.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:55 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
I know pride is a thing, but losing a trade hurts less when you win a cup. As far as I knew they determined playoff seeding on who wins games, not trades.
Sure, but most people would suggest that trading Malkin leads to higher chance of winning less games because they will have gotten rid of the best player in the deal. They traded Jordan Staal for lesser pieces a couple of years ago. Are they a better team for it?

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:57 AM
howehullorr

Here's an idea. Why don't they fire their assistant coaches which will improve the team.

Last edited by howehullorr: 05-13-2014 at 12:03 PM.
howehullorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Marc9

Quote:

Pittsburgh:
Nail Yakupov

Edmonton:
1st 2014