HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.

Lincoln Stars

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 03:08 PM
goteam

vCash: 500
Lincoln Stars

Does anybody follow this team?? I am interested in finding out how they are doing through the year since a friend of mine is playing on that team.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:07 PM
lancerzrule

Lincoln

I live in Omaha, so I get to see Lincoln play occasionally. It's a great rivalry between the two teams (River City & Lincoln). I can try to keep you up to date as much as possible, but I mainly follow the Lancers and I hate to say it but the Stars are actually bitter rivals. But I will do my best. I mean you can pm me and I tell me if you want me to keep an eye on your friend or whatever & see how he's doing. You can also check out ushl.com or the Lincoln Stars main home page http://www.lincolnstars.com/ you can see bios of the players, also pointstreak.com will give you stats and pictures and such. Hopefully, I'll get my first glance at them on Oct. 11 in Lincoln and Oct. 18 in River City. They did win the Cedar Rapids tournament last weekend by beating Chicago and Danville. And they play Danville and Green Bay this weekend away. Look for them to be in contention as always. Coach Johnson always has them prepared to play.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:26 PM
lancerzrule

Stars

Sorry, thought I'd add this link to the Stars fan site. You can try asking someone on their board who can watch them more. But their first home game isn't until next weekend, so you may not get a response until after that.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:31 PM
5iveforfighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTEAM
Does anybody follow this team?? I am interested in finding out how they are doing through the year since a friend of mine is playing on that team.
I think I'd probably have a better chance of following the Stars since I have season tickets. Lincoln generally starts out slow and builds momentum as the season goes on. This year there is a lot to replace up front after losing Potulny, Backes and Irmen. Hopefully we'll see big things out of returning vets, Gordon and Borgen who will play their first full season.Nesdill, Berge and Bartholomay should also make an impact. I'm also looking forward to watching Comrie and Rankin and see how they adjust to the USHL.

Closed Thread