HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kreider - Rookie/Beast

Old
05-17-2014, 05:47 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Makes a huge difference for this team. Hard not to like this kid. I bet 5-10 teams might want another shot at him. I think we drafted him at #19.
Said it in the GDT...#18 in 2009? Montreal took Louis Leblanc.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Runaway cement truck
Or Bat Man's Tumbler.

Hmmmm. How would Kreider look as the Caped Crusader I wonder?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 05:55 PM
eco's bones

Judging by some of the comments today from Montreal posters--he's in their heads pretty much in the same way that Subban gets in Canadiens opponents heads. Runaway cement truck is about right. About 3-4 years of listening to he's the next Hugh Jessiman. Hah.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Judging by some of the comments today from Montreal posters--he's in their heads pretty much in the same way that Subban gets in Canadiens opponents heads. Runaway cement truck is about right. About 3-4 years of listening to he's the next Hugh Jessiman. Hah.
Who on Earth made a Jessiman comparison to Kreider? You see comments like that pop up about McIlrath, but never Kreider. We had plenty of crackpots come on here claiming he wanted to force his way onto the Bruins before he signed his ELC, but those nutjobs are now nowhere to be found.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Who on Earth made a Jessiman comparison to Kreider? You see comments like that pop up about McIlrath, but never Kreider. We had plenty of crackpots come on here claiming he wanted to force his way onto the Bruins before he signed his ELC, but those nutjobs are now nowhere to be found.
Huh? That happened?

05-17-2014, 06:34 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Huh? That happened?
Yep.

05-17-2014, 06:56 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
It's like they were made all the time--even sometimes by Rangers posters--some people expected that as soon as he put on his BC jersey he'd have to put up at a point a game pace at the least to justify being picked in the first round. In his three years at BC he never did that so he was often compared to another Rangers draft pick who busted.

Old
05-17-2014, 07:03 PM
richardsequalscup*

Best part is other fans refuse to believe what Kreider is on the verge of becoming. Their anti-NY hatred is just too strong.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 07:33 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cespedesrules View Post
Best part is other fans refuse to believe what Kreider is on the verge of becoming. Their anti-NY hatred is just too strong.
Good. He'll show them soon enough.

I hope their coaches and teams are as deep in denial as they are.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Parker

Kreider really put on a show today, good for him. Having him in the lineup totally changes the complexion of the team. It's amazing to see how fast he gets down the ice. Love his combination of speed/size/shot and he continues to add some grit/pest to his game.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 11:59 PM
bto131
Mcdonagh 4 Captain!

Kreider has become our best forward without a doubt. I kno MSL or Nash might put up more points in the regular season but kreider is a dominate speed and net front force. When we got AV I hoped he would make kreider into Kesler and I think kreider is starting to get up to that ability... Kesler is better defensively but that will come in time for the kid

bto131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bto131 View Post
Kreider has become our best forward without a doubt. I kno MSL or Nash might put up more points in the regular season but kreider is a dominate speed and net front force. When we got AV I hoped he would make kreider into Kesler and I think kreider is starting to get up to that ability... Kesler is better defensively but that will come in time for the kid
They're not really similar and they play different positions.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:27 AM
Sockosensei

Quote:
I wouldn't declare him the best forward on the team, but the areas he's strong in, he is freakishly strong in. The team has learned to put him in the position to use those strengths and it is beautiful to watch.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:49 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Kreider, when he's engaged, is really an elite force out there. when hes coasting, he's not much of a threat.

what i loved about his interview in the other thread or earlier this thread...wherever it was...was that he said he's angry or mean or something like that.

i psoted a thread early this year when Stepan and Kreider were struggling, i said both guys need to start playing mean...when they play mean, they're engaged...when they're engaged, they are factors.

both of those guys were tremendous tonight, as was Nash...for the first time all playoffs id say our first line was really our best line.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:51 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
id say theres definitely a doubt. a big doubt. MZA is an absolutely fantastic player when hes on. MSL is a monster when hes on. Nash is a monster when hes on...theres a lot of really really good forwards on this team. problems been is that most of them have been cold for a lot of this season.

weve been carried by the brassard line for half the year. thats been easily our most consistent line.

consistency > streakiness. Kreiders been very streaky...as has Nash, and MSL (in his stint here...not in his career).

hell, when Hagelin gets hot, he can carry a line out there and really change momentum over to your team.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 02:03 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Kreider, when he's engaged, is really an elite force out there. when hes coasting, he's not much of a threat.

what i loved about his interview in the other thread or earlier this thread...wherever it was...was that he said he's angry or mean or something like that.

i psoted a thread early this year when Stepan and Kreider were struggling, i said both guys need to start playing mean...when they play mean, they're engaged...when they're engaged, they are factors.

both of those guys were tremendous tonight, as was Nash...for the first time all playoffs id say our first line was really our best line.
Really hope Kreider's streakiness is a young player getting used to playing a long season and not a character trait.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Levitate

If the Rangers can keep getting Kreider matched up against Markov and Emelin then the Habs are going to be hating life. They're just way too slow to handle him in transition. Even Subban had trouble in a footrace with him.

Habs better plan is to keep guys back deeper to prevent the Rangers long lob or stretch pass to fast players like Kreider, which is kind of what Pitts did, but that handicaps the Habs fast attack transition game, they love to be aggressive and attack with numbers. On the flip side the Rangers have to make sure they keep that fast attack contained.

Also love how immovable Kreider was in front of their net

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 09:58 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
This is a factor that isn't getting a ton of press but is huge. Even on the 5-on-3 Kreider's presence forces a Dman to have to focus on him & tying him up, which opened up the MSL-Stepan passing lane. When he was on the ice Weaver was 100% distracted with tying him up, which is a big advantage.

05-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Levitate

Yeah he's bigger and faster than any D Montreal has in their lineup which is scary

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 12:41 PM
broadwayblue

Anyone have a gif of the crash with Price and the pressure from the montreal d leading up to it?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
If the Rangers can keep getting Kreider matched up against Markov and Emelin then the Habs are going to be hating life. They're just way too slow to handle him in transition. Even Subban had trouble in a footrace with him.

Habs better plan is to keep guys back deeper to prevent the Rangers long lob or stretch pass to fast players like Kreider, which is kind of what Pitts did, but that handicaps the Habs fast attack transition game, they love to be aggressive and attack with numbers. On the flip side the Rangers have to make sure they keep that fast attack contained.

Not only that, but there's no Hab d-man strong enough to really move him. Murray probably, but if he plays Montreal can expect another blowout.

Kreider completely changes the dynamic of this team.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:16 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Kid is a monster. It's scary how good that he could become. Many people underestimated how much this guy adds to the team.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:21 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Not only that, but there's no Hab d-man strong enough to really move him. Murray probably, but if he plays Montreal can expect another blowout.

Kreider completely changes the dynamic of this team.
Murray is a monster physically but he's not mobile. I don't think Montreal is going to want to use him. Rangers speed through the neutral zone gave the Montreal defense a really hard time yesterday--particularly the pair of Emelin and Markov. Gorges is like their Girardi. Subban even had a problem. Both Markov and Weaver are 35 years old. The oldest Rangers defender is Girardi who just turned 30. Murray is 33. Francis Bouillon who didn't play either is 38--he's very stocky and strong but he's also small. FWIW they played their best d-men yesterday. Murray and/or Bouillon would weaken their D. One thing they can do is plug up the neutral zone. That would mean they'll be less aggressive on the attack.

Old
05-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator

vCash: 69
Public enemy #1.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:32 PM
SnowblindNYR

Serious question to the Lucic lovers on this board. Do you guys think Kreider has better potential as a player and power forward?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote