HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kreider - Rookie/Beast

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2014, 05:47 PM
  #26
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Makes a huge difference for this team. Hard not to like this kid. I bet 5-10 teams might want another shot at him. I think we drafted him at #19.
Said it in the GDT...#18 in 2009? Montreal took Louis Leblanc.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 05:49 PM
  #27
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Runaway cement truck
Or Bat Man's Tumbler.

Hmmmm. How would Kreider look as the Caped Crusader I wonder?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 05:55 PM
  #28
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 500
Judging by some of the comments today from Montreal posters--he's in their heads pretty much in the same way that Subban gets in Canadiens opponents heads. Runaway cement truck is about right. About 3-4 years of listening to he's the next Hugh Jessiman. Hah.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 06:28 PM
  #29
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Judging by some of the comments today from Montreal posters--he's in their heads pretty much in the same way that Subban gets in Canadiens opponents heads. Runaway cement truck is about right. About 3-4 years of listening to he's the next Hugh Jessiman. Hah.
Who on Earth made a Jessiman comparison to Kreider? You see comments like that pop up about McIlrath, but never Kreider. We had plenty of crackpots come on here claiming he wanted to force his way onto the Bruins before he signed his ELC, but those nutjobs are now nowhere to be found.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 06:33 PM
  #30
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,136
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Who on Earth made a Jessiman comparison to Kreider? You see comments like that pop up about McIlrath, but never Kreider. We had plenty of crackpots come on here claiming he wanted to force his way onto the Bruins before he signed his ELC, but those nutjobs are now nowhere to be found.
Huh? That happened?

__________________
Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 06:34 PM
  #31
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,391
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Huh? That happened?
Yep.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 06:56 PM
  #32
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Who on Earth made a Jessiman comparison to Kreider? You see comments like that pop up about McIlrath, but never Kreider. We had plenty of crackpots come on here claiming he wanted to force his way onto the Bruins before he signed his ELC, but those nutjobs are now nowhere to be found.
It's like they were made all the time--even sometimes by Rangers posters--some people expected that as soon as he put on his BC jersey he'd have to put up at a point a game pace at the least to justify being picked in the first round. In his three years at BC he never did that so he was often compared to another Rangers draft pick who busted.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 07:03 PM
  #33
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Best part is other fans refuse to believe what Kreider is on the verge of becoming. Their anti-NY hatred is just too strong.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 07:33 PM
  #34
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cespedesrules View Post
Best part is other fans refuse to believe what Kreider is on the verge of becoming. Their anti-NY hatred is just too strong.
Good. He'll show them soon enough.

I hope their coaches and teams are as deep in denial as they are.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 11:49 PM
  #35
Parker
Registered User
 
Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
Kreider really put on a show today, good for him. Having him in the lineup totally changes the complexion of the team. It's amazing to see how fast he gets down the ice. Love his combination of speed/size/shot and he continues to add some grit/pest to his game.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2014, 11:59 PM
  #36
bto131
Mcdonagh 4 Captain!
 
bto131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,091
vCash: 500
Kreider has become our best forward without a doubt. I kno MSL or Nash might put up more points in the regular season but kreider is a dominate speed and net front force. When we got AV I hoped he would make kreider into Kesler and I think kreider is starting to get up to that ability... Kesler is better defensively but that will come in time for the kid

bto131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 12:08 AM
  #37
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bto131 View Post
Kreider has become our best forward without a doubt. I kno MSL or Nash might put up more points in the regular season but kreider is a dominate speed and net front force. When we got AV I hoped he would make kreider into Kesler and I think kreider is starting to get up to that ability... Kesler is better defensively but that will come in time for the kid
They're not really similar and they play different positions.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:27 AM
  #38
Sockosensei
Registered User
 
Sockosensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nippon
Country: Japan
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bto131 View Post
Kreider has become our best forward without a doubt. I kno MSL or Nash might put up more points in the regular season but kreider is a dominate speed and net front force. When we got AV I hoped he would make kreider into Kesler and I think kreider is starting to get up to that ability... Kesler is better defensively but that will come in time for the kid
I wouldn't declare him the best forward on the team, but the areas he's strong in, he is freakishly strong in. The team has learned to put him in the position to use those strengths and it is beautiful to watch.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:49 AM
  #39
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,366
vCash: 500
Kreider, when he's engaged, is really an elite force out there. when hes coasting, he's not much of a threat.

what i loved about his interview in the other thread or earlier this thread...wherever it was...was that he said he's angry or mean or something like that.

i psoted a thread early this year when Stepan and Kreider were struggling, i said both guys need to start playing mean...when they play mean, they're engaged...when they're engaged, they are factors.

both of those guys were tremendous tonight, as was Nash...for the first time all playoffs id say our first line was really our best line.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:51 AM
  #40
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bto131 View Post
Kreider has become our best forward without a doubt. I kno MSL or Nash might put up more points in the regular season but kreider is a dominate speed and net front force. When we got AV I hoped he would make kreider into Kesler and I think kreider is starting to get up to that ability... Kesler is better defensively but that will come in time for the kid
id say theres definitely a doubt. a big doubt. MZA is an absolutely fantastic player when hes on. MSL is a monster when hes on. Nash is a monster when hes on...theres a lot of really really good forwards on this team. problems been is that most of them have been cold for a lot of this season.

weve been carried by the brassard line for half the year. thats been easily our most consistent line.

consistency > streakiness. Kreiders been very streaky...as has Nash, and MSL (in his stint here...not in his career).

hell, when Hagelin gets hot, he can carry a line out there and really change momentum over to your team.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 02:03 AM
  #41
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 18,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Kreider, when he's engaged, is really an elite force out there. when hes coasting, he's not much of a threat.

what i loved about his interview in the other thread or earlier this thread...wherever it was...was that he said he's angry or mean or something like that.

i psoted a thread early this year when Stepan and Kreider were struggling, i said both guys need to start playing mean...when they play mean, they're engaged...when they're engaged, they are factors.

both of those guys were tremendous tonight, as was Nash...for the first time all playoffs id say our first line was really our best line.
Really hope Kreider's streakiness is a young player getting used to playing a long season and not a character trait.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 09:43 AM
  #42
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,122
vCash: 500
If the Rangers can keep getting Kreider matched up against Markov and Emelin then the Habs are going to be hating life. They're just way too slow to handle him in transition. Even Subban had trouble in a footrace with him.

Habs better plan is to keep guys back deeper to prevent the Rangers long lob or stretch pass to fast players like Kreider, which is kind of what Pitts did, but that handicaps the Habs fast attack transition game, they love to be aggressive and attack with numbers. On the flip side the Rangers have to make sure they keep that fast attack contained.

Also love how immovable Kreider was in front of their net

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 09:58 AM
  #43
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Also love how immovable Kreider was in front of their net
This is a factor that isn't getting a ton of press but is huge. Even on the 5-on-3 Kreider's presence forces a Dman to have to focus on him & tying him up, which opened up the MSL-Stepan passing lane. When he was on the ice Weaver was 100% distracted with tying him up, which is a big advantage.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 10:02 AM
  #44
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,122
vCash: 500
Yeah he's bigger and faster than any D Montreal has in their lineup which is scary

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 12:41 PM
  #45
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,802
vCash: 500
Anyone have a gif of the crash with Price and the pressure from the montreal d leading up to it?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:08 PM
  #46
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,136
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
If the Rangers can keep getting Kreider matched up against Markov and Emelin then the Habs are going to be hating life. They're just way too slow to handle him in transition. Even Subban had trouble in a footrace with him.

Habs better plan is to keep guys back deeper to prevent the Rangers long lob or stretch pass to fast players like Kreider, which is kind of what Pitts did, but that handicaps the Habs fast attack transition game, they love to be aggressive and attack with numbers. On the flip side the Rangers have to make sure they keep that fast attack contained.

Also love how immovable Kreider was in front of their net
Not only that, but there's no Hab d-man strong enough to really move him. Murray probably, but if he plays Montreal can expect another blowout.

Kreider completely changes the dynamic of this team.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:16 PM
  #47
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,457
vCash: 500
Kid is a monster. It's scary how good that he could become. Many people underestimated how much this guy adds to the team.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:21 PM
  #48
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Not only that, but there's no Hab d-man strong enough to really move him. Murray probably, but if he plays Montreal can expect another blowout.

Kreider completely changes the dynamic of this team.
Murray is a monster physically but he's not mobile. I don't think Montreal is going to want to use him. Rangers speed through the neutral zone gave the Montreal defense a really hard time yesterday--particularly the pair of Emelin and Markov. Gorges is like their Girardi. Subban even had a problem. Both Markov and Weaver are 35 years old. The oldest Rangers defender is Girardi who just turned 30. Murray is 33. Francis Bouillon who didn't play either is 38--he's very stocky and strong but he's also small. FWIW they played their best d-men yesterday. Murray and/or Bouillon would weaken their D. One thing they can do is plug up the neutral zone. That would mean they'll be less aggressive on the attack.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:30 PM
  #49
Aufheben
Global Moderator
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 13,234
vCash: 69
Public enemy #1.

__________________

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 01:32 PM
  #50
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 18,422
vCash: 500
Serious question to the Lucic lovers on this board. Do you guys think Kreider has better potential as a player and power forward?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.