HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR draft review ever comming out?

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2005, 06:30 PM
HF_Rangers

vCash: 500
Seeing as how I have experience writing for Inside Hockey and I am in the process of getting an internship with a reputable organization, maybe I'll consider applying for the position once again.

I applied for the HF Rangers position but was denied because I was under 18 (I'm now 19)... only obstacles would be the internship, the college radio duties, and classes, but maybe I can try to fit this in my schedule.

As a matter of fact, my screen name is because I was hoping to be the "HF Rangers" writer.

(EDIT: Brandon, I was once the Power Rankings writer for Ultimate Sabres and that website went down... while it certainly doesn't compare to your experience with Ken and Holly, I was pretty bummed that I couldn't rank the teams and make cunning remarks because the site disappeared without warning.)

Last edited by HF_Rangers: 08-29-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old
08-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Levitate

the rangers draft review is up now...

Old
08-29-2005, 08:17 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Well, I liked what he had to say about the guys the Rangers drafted, but his English is certainly lacking (that or the editor did an awful job) compared to the former writers on this board.

Let's hope his prognosticating skills are better than his writing.

Old
08-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Yep, there's the draft review, one month after the draft.

I would've had it done that night.

Old
08-30-2005, 03:42 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Funny how as certain things were improved they slowly went down the drain.

I haven't even looked at the main page in over a year and a half at this point, pretty much stick to the boards. From what I understand, I haven't missed much.

I walked away a long time ago and I have little or no desire to go back.

I was here when this place was founded and I was here before the new "Chiefs" showed up.

The bottom line is that the people who came in, dropped the ball. Period end of sentence. Has it been a complete failure? Not really, but it has long been underpeforming.

Believe me, I've often thought about buying the website if only to fire one person imparticular who I personally believe is clueless, stubborn and as a few friends in the industry would say "a complete and utter moron".

And then I realize, i've moved on to bigger and better things while their resume's are getting progressivly worse.

You were one of the reasons I even started to write for this site and had the desire to write. You're a great writer and it sucks how bad you were treated after such a long service.

Old
08-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Nemchinov13

I don't know if I've said it before, but the three of you were the only reason I've discovered and visited Hockeys Future. I've been reading Edge's articles since 98 and then Brandon's and Jon's (forgive me if I've gotten your name wrong). I really appreciate the job that you guys did. You were so informative, and throughout these dark years of the playoff drought, reading your articles about our prospects gave me hope about our future as a Ranger fan. Ever since the three of you left the HF, so did I. Basically, F you, HF!!!

Old
08-30-2005, 11:07 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I've got to second Nemchinov's comments. I was reading you guys on HF for years before I discovered and signed on to the message boards. Now, well, I skim the articles about the Rangers when they come out, but they never tell me anything new any more. Ironically, I seem to recall complaints that all the articles on HF were about the Rangers at one point!

Thanks a lot guys!

Old
08-31-2005, 09:30 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
I've got to second Nemchinov's comments. I was reading you guys on HF for years before I discovered and signed on to the message boards. Now, well, I skim the articles about the Rangers when they come out, but they never tell me anything new any more. Ironically, I seem to recall complaints that all the articles on HF were about the Rangers at one point!

Thanks a lot guys!
Yeah, I remember when people could (anonymously) leave "feedback" on the articles written and since the articles were posted on the main page as well as the Rangers front page, there were plenty of haters complaining about the frequency of articles from Edge, Brandon, and don't forget, Evan. Obvious response was tell your teams writers to get off their butts and write something then. My how things have changed.

Closed Thread