HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

New York City Thread #2

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

vCash: 500
New York City Thread #2

Please continue the discussion here about the greatest city in the universe.

Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 11-13-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: info added!
Old
05-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Stephen Goalbert
Puck Don't Lie

Best Hockey Bars in NYC?

Gonna be up in NYC tomorrow night and looking for a place to watch Anaheim-LA game 7... any advice?

Old
05-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Blueshirt13

Kelly's in the East Village is a Chicago bar and I am sure will be showing the game. It is a bit of a dive though, so be warned.

Flying Puck, the 13th Step, Pennsylvania 6 and Stout will all likely have the game on with hockey fans watching. All had Rangers viewing parties for game 7.

Old
05-15-2014, 10:56 AM
The Legend
GW

Van Diemens is awesome at least when the Canadian hockey teams are playing.

Old
05-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Elvis Presley
Aka #30

I posted this in the post game talk thread. It's a video of the Flying Puck when we won game 7 against the Pens the other night. They also show all NHL games aside from NYR. Only place to be in NY to watch a game.

I got here from a thread that was moved from the main board asking 'Best place in NYC to watch the game'. That's why I made this response.

The Flying Puck
364 7th Ave, New York, NY 10001
(212) 736-5353

Old
05-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Puck Don't Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Presley View Post
I posted this in the post game talk thread. It's a video of the Flying Puck when we won game 7 against the Pens the other night. They also show all NHL games aside from NYR. Only place to be in NY to watch a game.

I got here from a thread that was moved from the main board asking 'Best place in NYC to watch the game'. That's why I made this response.

The Flying Puck
364 7th Ave, New York, NY 10001
(212) 736-5353
Appreciate it! I'll probably check it out tomorrow night.

Old
05-19-2014, 09:52 AM
kennglin13

Do you have to get to the a Flying Puck early or can I get there game time?

Old
05-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennglin13 View Post
Do you have to get to the a Flying Puck early or can I get there game time?
I'd get there at least an hour early. A friend tried to go there last round to watch a game and couldn't get in the door.

Old
05-19-2014, 08:29 PM
BeauKnows19

My brother (a huge rangers fan) and I will be going into the city on thursday. We're hoping to spend some time at the hockey house, and try our luck at meeting some players/ getting autographs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We'll also need a place to watch the game, any suggestions for a place thats friendly for someone under 21? Thanks in advance!

Old
05-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Nothingman*

I am going to be in the city this weekend and wondered if there was a good place to watch the Chicago game Saturday night? Prefer in Manhattan if possible as it will be easier. Kelleys was mentioned but nothing about being a Chicago bar. Thanks!

Old
05-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone King View Post
I am going to be in the city this weekend and wondered if there was a good place to watch the Chicago game Saturday night? Prefer in Manhattan if possible as it will be easier. Kelleys was mentioned but nothing about being a Chicago bar. Thanks!
The Flying Puck is the only answer I can give. I am sure there's a bar for Chicago somewhere in the city I just don't know it personally.

Old
05-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Windy City bar and grill in Bay Ridge Brooklyn, total Chicago Blackhawks bar. Take an R train ride to Brooklyn, 77th street stop, its about 25 minute ride out of Manhattan, 5 minute walk from train to the bar. It's a breeze.

Old
05-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Fletch

and then off to Pizzeria Uno to finish off the Chicago in Brooklyn experience...still surprised that place is still there.

Old
05-21-2014, 03:14 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Windy City bar and grill in Bay Ridge Brooklyn, total Chicago Blackhawks bar. Take an R train ride to Brooklyn, 77th street stop, its about 25 minute ride out of Manhattan, 5 minute walk from train to the bar. It's a breeze.
R train doesn't connect Brooklyn and Manhattan still due to the construction on the tunnel so just keep that in mind.

05-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Fletch

what happened, Bluenote, you finally move out of Bay Ridge? One can take a train to Atlantic Avenue/Barclays and switch for the R (Which I believe is Pacific Street, but connected to the same station). Still a pretty easy trip. 4/5 is the best if one is near Grand Central or Union Square or 59th street east side. 2/3 on the west side. And of course a bunch of other trains that go to Pacific Street and I believe are just across the platform (B,D), or on the same track (N). A not-so-bad trip for a person looking for that kind of bar, and sometimes it's nice to be in the other boroughs.

Old
05-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Nothingman*

Thanks for the heads up everyone! I think Kelly's is going to have to work as she scheduled a dinner with friends at 6:30. I told her at 8pm we are out to watch the game. At least I am. I will be there with a Keith jersey on so hit me up and I might blow the cobwebs out of my wallet and buy you a drink

Old
05-22-2014, 01:34 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
what happened, Bluenote, you finally move out of Bay Ridge? One can take a train to Atlantic Avenue/Barclays and switch for the R (Which I believe is Pacific Street, but connected to the same station). Still a pretty easy trip. 4/5 is the best if one is near Grand Central or Union Square or 59th street east side. 2/3 on the west side. And of course a bunch of other trains that go to Pacific Street and I believe are just across the platform (B,D), or on the same track (N). A not-so-bad trip for a person looking for that kind of bar, and sometimes it's nice to be in the other boroughs.
Oops--be careful with the Atlantic/Pacific train station--they are separate, not on the same track. The R, N and D go through Pacific (not that it's called that anymore) and the B and the Q run through Atlantic. There's a significant walk, plus up and down stairs to get from one to the other.

Instead, take the B, D, N or Q train from Manhattan (nice view from the Manhattan Bridge) and get off at DeKalb Ave--the R train is just accross the tracks--or if you are on the N train, stay on until 36th street and switch there for the R.

Old
05-22-2014, 10:11 AM
BlueShirtGal

I so want to see a Rangers game at the Garden before I die! Already been to Yankees stadium (old one and the only one that counts IMHO).

Old
05-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
and then off to Pizzeria Uno to finish off the Chicago in Brooklyn experience...still surprised that place is still there.
Yeah that Uno's still does business here. Oddly enough all the chain restaurants do well around here. The Outback steakhouse in Bensonhurst is packed every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
R train doesn't connect Brooklyn and Manhattan still due to the construction on the tunnel so just keep that in mind.
Quote:

Yeah I'm still here but I avoid the train as much as possible I take the express bus into Manhattan so I forget the R train line stops at Dekalb, you need to transfer to one of the lines that goes over the bridge like the N train.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up everyone! I think Kelly's is going to have to work as she scheduled a dinner with friends at 6:30. I told her at 8pm we are out to watch the game. At least I am. I will be there with a Keith jersey on so hit me up and I might blow the cobwebs out of my wallet and buy you a drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Oops--be careful with the Atlantic/Pacific train station--they are separate, not on the same track. The R, N and D go through Pacific (not that it's called that anymore) and the B and the Q run through Atlantic. There's a significant walk, plus up and down stairs to get from one to the other.

Instead, take the B, D, N or Q train from Manhattan (nice view from the Manhattan Bridge) and get off at DeKalb Ave--the R train is just accross the tracks--or if you are on the N train, stay on until 36th street and switch there for the R.
Good job 'kemo sabe', Brooklyn Ranger to the rescue !

Old
05-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Fletch

Thank you, Brooklyn...

yes, D, N, R are on the same platform - sorry for the confusion (was just there last week and seem to always remember it by the initials, DNR!). I did think it's still called Pacific, though, although haven't gotten off or on there in years, just transferred once (I'm on the F line, and stay on the F line!). And those steps...ugh!

Bluenote - I'm surprised about Outback and Uno. Well, for me, I like mostly locally owned (try to support as much as possible, but it's getting more and more difficule), but have been partial to home cooking of late because you just can't get into any good place after 6:30pm these days!

Old
05-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
yes, D, N, R are on the same platform - sorry for the confusion (was just there last week and seem to always remember it by the initials, DNR!). I did think it's still called Pacific, though, although haven't gotten off or on there in years, just transferred once (I'm on the F line, and stay on the F line!). And those steps...ugh!

Bluenote - I'm surprised about Outback and Uno. Well, for me, I like mostly locally owned (try to support as much as possible, but it's getting more and more difficule), but have been partial to home cooking of late because you just can't get into any good place after 6:30pm these days!
The Pacific Street station has been wiped off the map at the MTA website--it's called Atlantic/Barclays on the maps although it's still says Pacific St at the station itself. The transfer between the three subway lines there is much better since the rennovation, but it's still a schlep.

As for me, I stay away from transferring there whenever possible--but I'm usually on the F too. It's funny how I've really missed the R running into Manhattan. Damn you Sandy.

Old
05-23-2014, 06:55 AM
Fletch

Same here, Brooklyn. I only notice the sign when I'm there (Pacific Street) or walking outside. There are a couple bars there (on 4th Avenue)) I'd go to and took the R from the City (especially since I work on the Lexington line). Waiting for that darn F express already! Trains sucked this Winter; better not have these issues in the Summer! Signal problem after signal problem after signal problem!!! Bottom line is it ain't such a bad trip to Brooklyn these days (much to my chagrin at times because I rarely can get a pie from Totonno's in the Summer any longer!!).

Old
05-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Lepardi

I know this is a shot in the dark, but is there a bar in New York that shows the ice hockey World Championships? I'd like to see the Finland - Czech Republic game tomorrow.

Old
05-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepardi View Post
I know this is a shot in the dark, but is there a bar in New York that shows the ice hockey World Championships? I'd like to see the Finland - Czech Republic game tomorrow.
The Flying Puck will be showing the games tomorrow.

Old
05-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepardi View Post
It's going to be on TV, NBC-sports channel. You should be able to go to any bar and ask them to put the game on.

Closed Thread