HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things NYC - Part II (Info explosion in post #1)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2014, 07:44 PM
  #51
bl02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Sorry Guys didn't know where to post this but wouldn't it be cool if for saturday nights game 2 New York City set up a huge screen outdoors like they do in Toronto when the Leafs were in the playoffs?
I guess I'm probably just being unrealistic but i thought it would be neat. Like along the pier lawns on the hudson or Somewhere midtown? or central park somewhere?
Just a pipe dream cause I don't think they ever did something like that for the Yankees or Giants championships??

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 07:47 PM
  #52
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl02 View Post
Sorry Guys didn't know where to post this but wouldn't it be cool if for saturday nights game 2 New York City set up a huge screen outdoors like they do in Toronto when the Leafs were in the playoffs?
I guess I'm probably just being unrealistic but i thought it would be neat. Like along the pier lawns on the hudson or Somewhere midtown? or central park somewhere?
Just a pipe dream cause I don't think they ever did something like that for the Yankees or Giants championships??
back in 2012 they hosted a ECF viewing party at MSG.. wonder if they'll do something like that again. would be awesome if it was outdoors like every other franchise though.

highandwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 07:56 PM
  #53
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,041
vCash: 500
Yeah, would be cool if they did something at Central or even Bryant Park.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 07:59 PM
  #54
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, would be cool if they did something at Central or even Bryant Park.
bryant park would work, I'm sure they probably have the summer movie screen set up by now.

highandwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 08:00 PM
  #55
bl02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, would be cool if they did something at Central or even Bryant Park.
Yep those two spots would definitely work. It would be such an awesome thing. Im sure if they picked one good location Rangers fans would show up.

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 08:01 PM
  #56
bl02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by highandwide View Post
back in 2012 they hosted a ECF viewing party at MSG.. wonder if they'll do something like that again. would be awesome if it was outdoors like every other franchise though.
Did you attend the viewing party in 2012 at MSG? If so how was it? Maybe they would do that a again.

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 08:25 PM
  #57
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl02 View Post
Did you attend the viewing party in 2012 at MSG? If so how was it? Maybe they would do that a again.
Heard from some people at MSG that there was going to be one tonight for game 7 if it got that far. Also, good chance they will have them at MSG for this series. Only game they can't is game 2 since the arena is booked.

I went to that one and enjoyed it. They basically recreate the game environment from the national anthem to the organ to the kids skating between periods etc. The only thing that's different is you're watching the game on the screen. Watching the game on the board was extremely tough though. I expect it to be MUCH better this time around since the new scoreboard is a lot bigger and clearer.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 08:53 PM
  #58
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl02 View Post
Did you attend the viewing party in 2012 at MSG? If so how was it? Maybe they would do that a again.
We lost that game. It was weird because you had everyone at center ice but it was a pretty empty otherwise. Hard to watch the game on the jumbtron because the screen, no matter how close you were, was distant and small.

It was free and I remember snagging 6 tickets for me and the crew through ticketmaster. I think it would be awesome to do a big screen, even if its at the garden theatre (a la 3D viewing party).

highandwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 09:06 PM
  #59
poeman
To Win The One Ring
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,420
vCash: 500
Guys I was just at 23rd and Broadway...right in front of the Flatiron building and Madison Square Park. They have a HUGE sign out there that reads

RANGERSTOWN

With the logo and everything...People are taking photos

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 09:55 PM
  #60
bl02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by highandwide View Post
We lost that game. It was weird because you had everyone at center ice but it was a pretty empty otherwise. Hard to watch the game on the jumbtron because the screen, no matter how close you were, was distant and small.

It was free and I remember snagging 6 tickets for me and the crew through ticketmaster. I think it would be awesome to do a big screen, even if its at the garden theatre (a la 3D viewing party).
Thanks.

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2014, 10:07 PM
  #61
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Guys I was just at 23rd and Broadway...right in front of the Flatiron building and Madison Square Park. They have a HUGE sign out there that reads

RANGERSTOWN

With the logo and everything...People are taking photos
it's been traveling around. two weeks ago when I was still in NYC it was infront of Macy's in Herald Square, then moved to Columbus Circle, now at Madison Square Park area.




sidenote: thankful for this thread. Went to the SJS board to ask about hockey bars in the SF/Bay Area - no thread like this existed, so I posted on a Rangers player related thread asking, post just got deleted, not moved anywhere. Thought that was ******.


Last edited by highandwide: 06-01-2014 at 02:06 PM.
highandwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 01:49 PM
  #62
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,054
vCash: 500
Anyone know how the bars near MSG were last round? I'm thinking of taking the train in to watch the game on Saturday night. I hear Flying Puck is good, but the place looks pretty small and I do want to be able to at least sit down to eat dinner before the game.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 02:24 PM
  #63
RUSF18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
Anyone know how the bars near MSG were last round? I'm thinking of taking the train in to watch the game on Saturday night. I hear Flying Puck is good, but the place looks pretty small and I do want to be able to at least sit down to eat dinner before the game.
Puck will be mobbed as will a place like Stout. Your best bet is to try and find a place that isn't specifically a hockey bar. NYC on a Saturday night and a Finals game going on will get (at least) somewhat of a crowd at all but the deadest of bars. Better off finding a place you like and will be comfortable at...you won't be the only one watching the game.

RUSF18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 02:28 PM
  #64
Blueshirt13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Other side of the Ri
Posts: 845
vCash: 500
Looks like the Rangers are doing a big viewing party at Bryant Park on Wednesday..


http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=97709

Also can see the spots for bars hosting viewing parties

Blueshirt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 02:43 PM
  #65
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSF18 View Post
Puck will be mobbed as will a place like Stout. Your best bet is to try and find a place that isn't specifically a hockey bar. NYC on a Saturday night and a Finals game going on will get (at least) somewhat of a crowd at all but the deadest of bars. Better off finding a place you like and will be comfortable at...you won't be the only one watching the game.
I don't care much if the bars are crowded during the game as long as I can sit down and eat dinner a couple hours beforehand and remain in that seat while the game is going on.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 02:46 PM
  #66
poeman
To Win The One Ring
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
Looks like the Rangers are doing a big viewing party at Bryant Park on Wednesday..


http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=97709

Also can see the spots for bars hosting viewing parties
Awesome thakns

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 02:49 PM
  #67
RUSF18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
I don't care much if the bars are crowded during the game as long as I can sit down and eat dinner a couple hours beforehand and remain in that seat while the game is going on.
Fair enough, but personally, if a bar is mobbed, I don't get much enjoyment out of sitting at the bar when there's 100 people leaning on and over me trying to get drinks. And if you're at a table away from the bar, then you have to deal with people standing in front of you blocking TVs.

RUSF18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 03:12 PM
  #68
bl02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
Looks like the Rangers are doing a big viewing party at Bryant Park on Wednesday..


http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=97709

Also can see the spots for bars hosting viewing parties
Awesome!!! Man I wish they would do it on Saturday for game 2

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2014, 11:55 PM
  #69
nyrtrublue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl02 View Post
Awesome!!! Man I wish they would do it on Saturday for game 2
Local west right outside of Penn station does this for rangers away games

nyrtrublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 01:55 AM
  #70
bl02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrtrublue View Post
Local west right outside of Penn station does this for rangers away games
Thanks appreciate the info

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 09:31 AM
  #71
Sigmapete1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
If I went to Stout for Game 3 (next Monday) how early would I have to get there to get a table (generally speaking of course)?

Sigmapete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 10:48 AM
  #72
Nash Money
Registered User
 
Nash Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmapete1 View Post
If I went to Stout for Game 3 (next Monday) how early would I have to get there to get a table (generally speaking of course)?
Idk what it's like now, but I made a reservation the day before for Game 1 of the ECF. Granted, that was a day game, but I was able to get a table for 6 in front of all the tvs.

Nash Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 02:18 PM
  #73
silkyjohnson50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,934
vCash: 500
Anyone have any tips or contacts or suggestions for landing a decent job in Manhattan? I have a BS and I'm open to many job categories (just not really in the health field.)

Any companies that hire often, any recruiting services, etc?

I know this seems like an odd place to go, but I refuse to leave any stone unturned.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 02:33 PM
  #74
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,840
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Anyone have any tips or contacts or suggestions for landing a decent job in Manhattan? I have a BS and I'm open to many job categories (just not really in the health field.)

Any companies that hire often, any recruiting services, etc?

I know this seems like an odd place to go, but I refuse to leave any stone unturned.
I think you need to have more of a focus than just "I just want a job." Figure out what interests you and learn more about that industry. It doesn't mean that will lock you into that field, but I don't see a lot of companies looking for people who just want a job.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 11:39 AM
  #75
rangerstown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Rangers cronuts next week!

http://www.amny.com/eat-and-drink/ra...inal-1.8357239

Dominique Ansel Bakery – the cronut place in Manhattan – will feature an exclusive Rangers Cronut™ on Monday, the day of the Rangers’ first Stanley Cup Finals home game. A limited quantity of the special red, white and blue Cronut™ pastries, described as “the world famous signature croissant and doughnut hybrid by chef Dominique Ansel,” will be featured one-day only at the Bakery.

The flavor will be Strawberry Balsamic and Mascarpone, which is the June flavor of the month, and it will maintain its regular price of $5 (!). Rangers alums Adam Graves, Glenn Anderson and Ron Duguay will be on hand at the Bakery starting from 7:30 a.m. on Monday to hand out the treats. The bakery, at 189 Spring Street between Sullivan and Thompson Streets, opens at 8 a.m. - See more at:

rangerstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.