HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

isles are lucky

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 06:31 PM
braino

vCash: 500
isles are lucky

Honestly to not lose Czerkawski and Timander that was very lucky and very stupid of some GM's that missed out. The Isles were dumb even making Czerkawski available. Obviously Yashin needs a more skillful guy to play with and he is the guy end of story. Asham, Bates just don't cut it as they are pluggers. Even if Czerkawski plays on the PP mostly and late in the 3rd gets benched to get better defensive players out there to hold the lead that is fine. The bottom line is Yashin and Mariusz should be the main guys on the PP and that is it. I think Mariusz has received a 2nd wakeup call and this will motivate him even more now. Phew I am glad he's still here.

Old
10-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by braino
Honestly to not lose Czerkawski and Timander that was very lucky and very stupid of some GM's that missed out. The Isles were dumb even making Czerkawski available. Obviously Yashin needs a more skillful guy to play with and he is the guy end of story. Asham, Bates just don't cut it as they are pluggers. Even if Czerkawski plays on the PP mostly and late in the 3rd gets benched to get better defensive players out there to hold the lead that is fine. The bottom line is Yashin and Mariusz should be the main guys on the PP and that is it. I think Mariusz has received a 2nd wakeup call and this will motivate him even more now. Phew I am glad he's still here.
Personally think NYI would have been happier and better off overall had both been claimed.

If Chow is the skillful guy Yashin needs why didn't it work in '01-'02?

Asham clicked with Yashin last year, albeit for a short period of time. Not unlike Dackell, another player of little offensive reputation did in Ottawa. When finding the appropriate linemates for Yashin, throw all standard thinking out the window, IMO.

I hope Chow helps the PP, and indeed he might. But regarding that "2nd wakeup call": seems to me he's way beyond that number. More like on his 9th life.

Old
10-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Personally think NYI would have been happier and better off overall had both been claimed.

If Chow is the skillful guy Yashin needs why didn't it work in '01-'02?

Asham clicked with Yashin last year, albeit for a short period of time. Not unlike Dackell, another player of little offensive reputation did in Ottawa. When finding the appropriate linemates for Yashin, throw all standard thinking out the window, IMO.

I hope Chow helps the PP, and indeed he might. But regarding that "2nd wakeup call": seems to me he's way beyond that number. More like on his 9th life.

Yeah, this is the first time I sat through a waiver draft hoping Isles would loose players.

10-04-2003, 02:52 AM
Islanders4Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Yeah, this is the first time I sat through a waiver draft hoping Isles would loose players.
Not me... Not only do I believe Chow and Timander will help this team, the Islanders have depth if/when the injury bug strikes, and possibly some chips to play with come trading time. I believe teams will regret not picking up one if not both of them for nothing...

Old
10-04-2003, 02:57 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
How many wakeup calls does Chow need?

1.He was dumped by the isles 2 yrs ago after a disappointing 22 goal season on Yashin's wing.

2.He had a whopping 5 goal season for his dream team(Habs) last yr.

3.Was sent to the minors.

4.has been put on waivers now what 2x in less then a yr?

there's no excuse for 3-4 forward prospects to come into camp and outplay Chow.I'm sorry he wasn't picked up.I'd rather have a young,hungry kid who's going to work his rear off then Chow.

I'm glad that Timmander's still here though.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:58 AM
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch

Quote:
It is pretty clear through your comments that your user ID does not reflect your IQ. To call the GM's stupid for not picking up the Polish Princess is really amazing. Here is a player with a couple of good years, a few years ago, who has failed to perform over and over again when given the chance. Personally I would have loved to see him go, as I was not pleased when they resigned him in the first place.

As for Timmander, he is a serviceable 6/7 D-Man collecting more salary than the position should require. I am glad he was not picked up because he, along with Bootsy will provide solid minutes filling in for injuries or later in the season when we are trying to rest the top 4 for the playoffs - yes I said it - the playoffs !

Old
10-04-2003, 11:42 AM
NYIsles1*

The debate of resigning him or not or being claimed is over because he is now here for better or worse. To bother signing him is a waste of 900k for a team that never has money to spend if he has to be place on waivers but that's over too and none of us really know what he did or did not do in camp or in only four preseason games.

All that can be done is look ahead.

If he produces he may stay with Yashin, if not, he will be dropped to another line or benched/put on waivers. No team wanted him in the waiver draft so I think he will clear again and go to Bridgeport in the worst case senario or be bought out.

He has a lot of players pushing for his spot, I'm hoping for some early goals to get his confidence back, after that let's see if someone can take the spot from him.

He's not the kind of player that is going to lead the Islanders to a championship level but he does have offensive skills and a shot that has been lacking on the roster and could help. I like Asham but he does not have Czerkawski's quick release or shot from the outside or at least not yet even though he plays like a bull and works very hard and does things Czerkawski never will. Weinhandl does have offensive skills that fit a first line.

Bottom line, in the end if it's close between one of these kids and Czerkawski, he will not be here very long. If no one steps up there is no reason to move out Czerkawski. Last year no one took the role on first line right wing and ran with it, everyone had looks.

Closed Thread