HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Avalounge: Days Of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2014, 03:45 PM
  #1
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,036
vCash: 900
The Avalounge: Days Of Future Past

Yaaaaaaaayyyyy!

__________________
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Last edited by Bubba Thudd: 05-24-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 03:51 PM
  #2
Ceremony
Moderator
I will swim
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 79,339
vCash: 22000
Damn, if I'd realised the old one was so close to the end I'd have made it myself.

__________________
ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 03:53 PM
  #3
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Damn, if I'd realised the old one was so close to the end I'd have made it myself.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 03:56 PM
  #4
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,036
vCash: 900
Would it be better if you made it? How so?

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 04:25 PM
  #5
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
So my work computer got the black screen of death yesterday and I was forced to reboot in safe mode then turn off all startups and services. I was happy just to be able to access it but now I can't get Solidworks to run it says it can't access my license or something. The guy who does the IT stuff at work won't be able to come in until Monday so now I'm stuck using an ancient PC still running Windows XP and ******* do I miss a Windows operating system that doesn't have any problems. If Solidworks 14 didn't require Windows 7 or newer I'd request XP on my old computer right away.

This is also a cry for help for anyone familiar with Solidworks.

__________________
@chowdersoop
Chau Vo is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 05:09 PM
  #6
The Shermanator
Butts
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 'Murica
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,368
vCash: 50
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

The Shermanator is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 06:01 PM
  #7
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Would it be better if you made it? How so?
Whenever I would click on the Avs sub-forum, I would see my name under "thread starter" and my name is GOAT so yeah it would be better.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 06:01 PM
  #8
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chau Vo View Post
So my work computer got the black screen of death yesterday and I was forced to reboot in safe mode then turn off all startups and services. I was happy just to be able to access it but now I can't get Solidworks to run it says it can't access my license or something. The guy who does the IT stuff at work won't be able to come in until Monday so now I'm stuck using an ancient PC still running Windows XP and ******* do I miss a Windows operating system that doesn't have any problems. If Solidworks 14 didn't require Windows 7 or newer I'd request XP on my old computer right away.

This is also a cry for help for anyone familiar with Solidworks.
HF needs to hire more reliable IT guys.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 06:13 PM
  #9
Ceremony
Moderator
I will swim
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 79,339
vCash: 22000


Fun fact: Bristol City were my first parent club, a winger & a defender they sent us on loan in my first season in the Conference South got us promoted (including a 92nd minute equaliser in the playoffs from the former). Sorry, I guess.

Ceremony is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 08:27 PM
  #10
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
HF needs to hire more reliable IT guys.
This is for my other job :-(

Chau Vo is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 08:33 PM
  #11
Ceremony
Moderator
I will swim
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 79,339
vCash: 22000
It's the end of an era at Salisbury as two of my earliest signings, James Dunn & Bradley Fairweather, both leave on free transfers after ten years at the club.

Dunn leaves as my captain and best player to go to newly promoted Derby. He is Salisbury's (well, in the game, not in reality) record appearance holder.

Fairweather is Salisbury's leading scorer, and I hope he finds a club.

Me, well, my weekly wage budget went up another three grand and it seems that I'll be pinning my hopes for survival on Victor Moses, Gyfli Sigurdsson (they spelled his name wrong back in 06) and non-EU player work permit appeals which I haven't tried to get around since I tried and failed to sign a Guatemalan boy when I was in the Conference.

Oh, speaking of the Conference, there are Conference teams with better facilities and bigger budgets than us, and it seems that I need to choose between expanding the stadium or improving the training/youth facilities on any given season. So with our capacity of ~12k we'll probably still be losing money every month next season. I can't wait!

Ceremony is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 08:34 PM
  #12
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 19,389
vCash: 500
Such is the life of Bristol.

I would expand the stadium first so you can make more money now. Then upgrade facilities later with the money you get with gate money.

Helton4Hall is online now  
Old
05-16-2014, 10:20 AM
  #13
Ceremony
Moderator
I will swim
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 79,339
vCash: 22000
After the first month of the season we're in second place with I think four wins and two draws. 300-1 to win the league at the start of the season, I hope someone stuck a tenner on us.

Ceremony is online now  
Old
05-16-2014, 02:00 PM
  #14
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
I either have Calcaneal (Achilles) Tendonitis or deep vein thrombosis. Considering I am a healthy young adult with no genetic factors or history of DVT, I probably have tendonitis. I don't know how many of you had something happen to their Achilles tendon, but it is some underrated pain. Feels like I walked for a 60 mile hike. Can't really walk normally or even sleep, always feel like you're going to rupture it with a minor activity.

S E P H is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 02:04 PM
  #15
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I either have Calcaneal (Achilles) Tendonitis or deep vein thrombosis. Considering I am a healthy young adult with no genetic factors or history of DVT, I probably have tendonitis. I don't know how many of you had something happen to their Achilles tendon, but it is some underrated pain. Feels like I walked for a 60 mile hike. Can't really walk normally or even sleep, always feel like you're going to rupture it with a minor activity.
That sucks, I'm battling with acid reflux for three days, can't fall asleep until after midnight and then I wake up at 3-3:30AM feeling like my chest is on fire.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 02:17 PM
  #16
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
That sucks, I'm battling with acid reflux for three days, can't fall asleep until after midnight and then I wake up at 3-3:30AM feeling like my chest is on fire.
Croatian's with that spicy food?

I'm too lazy to go to the doctor, but if the pain lasts over the weak definitely go to schedule an appoint on Monday. I just hope it's not something more serious like an infection, sepsis, bursitis, or autoimmune diseases.

S E P H is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 02:18 PM
  #17
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
weekend*

S E P H is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 02:20 PM
  #18
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs
 
AdamCalderHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Coventry, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I either have Calcaneal (Achilles) Tendonitis or deep vein thrombosis. Considering I am a healthy young adult with no genetic factors or history of DVT, I probably have tendonitis. I don't know how many of you had something happen to their Achilles tendon, but it is some underrated pain. Feels like I walked for a 60 mile hike. Can't really walk normally or even sleep, always feel like you're going to rupture it with a minor activity.
Ive had it in the past and went to the doctors. They gave me some pain killers and told me to stay off my feet for 2 weeks which obviously didnt happen. In the end it just came down to rest and painkillers and the pain gradually subsided

AdamCalderHero is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 02:29 PM
  #19
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Croatian's with that spicy food?

I'm too lazy to go to the doctor, but if the pain lasts over the weak definitely go to schedule an appoint on Monday. I just hope it's not something more serious like an infection, sepsis, bursitis, or autoimmune diseases.


Nah, I'm dealing with it for 8 years now, I got careless and drank half a glass of Cola and it made my life miserable. I should go to the doctor, but I hate going there.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 02:35 PM
  #20
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCalderHero View Post
Ive had it in the past and went to the doctors. They gave me some pain killers and told me to stay off my feet for 2 weeks which obviously didnt happen. In the end it just came down to rest and painkillers and the pain gradually subsided
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post


Nah, I'm dealing with it for 8 years now, I got careless and drank half a glass of Cola and it made my life miserable. I should go to the doctor, but I hate going there.
Thanks Adam, but going off topic since you're my European bros and watch good programing like Top Gear (not like Ceremony), how did you guys like when they travelled to Chernobyl?! Also can't believe Ireland won the Six Nations, I would be pissed Adam. There are rumours that South Africa is going to join the tourney!

S E P H is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 02:44 PM
  #21
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Thanks Adam, but going off topic since you're my European bros and watch good programing like Top Gear (not like Ceremony), how did you guys like when they travelled to Chernobyl?! Also can't believe Ireland won the Six Nations, I would be pissed Adam. There are rumours that South Africa is going to join the tourney!
Chernobyl was OK, not the best, but certainly good.

I'm over the moon because of the Irish win and best of all BOD got to go out on top. Bokke would end up being the favorite by far every year, I don't see it happening, travel, time zones and SANZAR make it almost impossible to pull off.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 04:15 PM
  #22
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs
 
AdamCalderHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Coventry, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Thanks Adam, but going off topic since you're my European bros and watch good programing like Top Gear (not like Ceremony), how did you guys like when they travelled to Chernobyl?! Also can't believe Ireland won the Six Nations, I would be pissed Adam. There are rumours that South Africa is going to join the tourney!
Yeah I really enjoyed that Top Gear episode. It wasnt the very best but it was up there. Just seeing them drive around what Chernobyl has become

And speaking of rugby im watching a game at the moment that is crazy. Leicester vs Northampton in the English Premiership semi final and its one of the most intense i've ever seen its unbelievable. And yepp as much as I wanted to see England win Ireland were my second choice. The World cup next year will be amazing. I agree with Ivan i dont see SA joining but it would make for an unbelievable tournement

AdamCalderHero is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 02:08 AM
  #23
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,100
vCash: 50
So, if I could take one piece of advice back in time to when I started college, it would be that you shouldn't ignore invites to go out and hang with your friends. Honestly, the best times of my life have come in the last year before graduating and enjoying my time with my friends. It's a shame it took this long for me to learn that.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now  
Old
05-17-2014, 10:52 AM
  #24
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,844
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
So, if I could take one piece of advice back in time to when I started college, it would be that you shouldn't ignore invites to go out and hang with your friends. Honestly, the best times of my life have come in the last year before graduating and enjoying my time with my friends. It's a shame it took this long for me to learn that.
i agree with this . I said no to an invite once and sadly it was the last time some of my highschool friends were arround . They went to different colleges and moved far away in other cities . When you get an invite you go .

Frenchy is online now  
Old
05-17-2014, 10:59 AM
  #25
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
i agree with this . I said no to an invite once and sadly it was the last time some of my highschool friends were arround . They went to different colleges and moved far away in other cities . When you get an invite you go .
Then when everyone graduates college they all move away to where ever their new jobs are.

It's good advice in general no matter what stage of your life you're in.

Chau Vo is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.