HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Avalounge: Days Of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-16-2014, 12:54 AM
  #926
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 11,474
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I'm a cheese lover, but man, feta cheese is gross.
Me too. I can't do goat cheese though. Feta is not bad, blue cheese in small doses. I snack on cheese all the time.

tigervixxxen is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 05:18 AM
  #927
UncleRisto
Registered Loser
 
UncleRisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Blue cheese is great with chicken. And with gingerbread cookies.

UncleRisto is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 05:23 AM
  #928
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle of Noux
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 50
Blue cheese is great with everything.

Nzap is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 09:24 AM
  #929
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,331
vCash: 50
Cheese >

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 01:25 PM
  #930
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,740
vCash: 50
Way back in the day, we would go to these things called Drive-In movies. My father was a cheapskate, and wouldn't buy us any candy, popcorn, etc. He would allow us kids to share a box of cereal (no milk). We weren't allowed sugary cereal at breakfast, so a box of Trix at the drive-in was our idea of a treat.




And, for those who are wondering, yes, the movies were in color.


#OldWorldProblems

__________________
<-- Trade Ryan O'Reilly for WHAT???
Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 04:10 PM
  #931
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,839
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
cereal, weenie and beenies, and "cheese crisps" were a dinner staple at my house

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 04:18 PM
  #932
UncleRisto
Registered Loser
 
UncleRisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Way back in the day, we would go to these things called Drive-In movies. My father was a cheapskate, and wouldn't buy us any candy, popcorn, etc. He would allow us kids to share a box of cereal (no milk). We weren't allowed sugary cereal at breakfast, so a box of Trix at the drive-in was our idea of a treat.




And, for those who are wondering, yes, the movies were in color.


#OldWorldProblems
Did you see Ben-Hur?

UncleRisto is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 05:24 PM
  #933
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,740
vCash: 50
They would always have a family friendly show (like a James Bond movie) that we were all allowed to watch.
Then they'd show a more adult movie (like Hells Angels On Wheels -- with lots of T&A). My father would order us kids to go to sleep and not watch the 2nd movie.

I remember he got really pissed off one time after the movie was over, and drove off with the speaker still hanging from the window. Ripped it right out (the speaker, not the window). Then he didn't want to wait for the line of traffic to leave, so he took the shortcut through the field. Ran over a fence then slammed into a drainage ditch. We couldn't get out of the ditch. He made a spectacle out of himself, but finally got a lift to a phone booth where he could call a friend to give us a ride home.

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 05:25 PM
  #934
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,463
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I'm a cheese lover, but man, feta cheese is gross.
Feta cheese is amazing when you give it a nice broil on something. You need to make it warm/gooey in the center with a slight crispy outside. Blue cheese on the other hand is the devil's snot however. Also not a huge fan of the smoky taste Gouda gets.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 06:03 PM
  #935
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,331
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
They would always have a family friendly show (like a James Bond movie) that we were all allowed to watch.
Then they'd show a more adult movie (like Hells Angels On Wheels -- with lots of T&A). My father would order us kids to go to sleep and not watch the 2nd movie.

I remember he got really pissed off one time after the movie was over, and drove off with the speaker still hanging from the window. Ripped it right out (the speaker, not the window). Then he didn't want to wait for the line of traffic to leave, so he took the shortcut through the field. Ran over a fence then slammed into a drainage ditch. We couldn't get out of the ditch. He made a spectacle out of himself, but finally got a lift to a phone booth where he could call a friend to give us a ride home.
That is hilarious

Hay gaiz, Bubba used phone booths! Amirite kidspeople my age?

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
08-16-2014, 06:12 PM
  #936
UncleRisto
Registered Loser
 
UncleRisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Feta cheese is amazing when you give it a nice broil on something. You need to make it warm/gooey in the center with a slight crispy outside. Blue cheese on the other hand is the devil's snot however. Also not a huge fan of the smoky taste Gouda gets.
I don't know if anyone is familiar with leipäjuusto or Finnish squeaky cheese but you warm that up so it gets a little gooey and serve it with something sweet like jam (preferably cloudberry) and you have a really great dessert.

Just throwing that out there if you ever run into that anywhere.

UncleRisto is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 12:40 AM
  #937
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,839
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
squeaky cheese looks amazing


Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 01:57 AM
  #938
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 50
Played against D1 players; post/crossbar in every time.

****in sucks as a goaler.

S E P H is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 03:03 AM
  #939
billybobjoe1881
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,845
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Way back in the day, we would go to these things called Drive-In movies. My father was a cheapskate, and wouldn't buy us any candy, popcorn, etc. He would allow us kids to share a box of cereal (no milk). We weren't allowed sugary cereal at breakfast, so a box of Trix at the drive-in was our idea of a treat.




And, for those who are wondering, yes, the movies were in color.


#OldWorldProblems
My city still has a drive-in, one of three in British Columbia.

billybobjoe1881 is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 08:54 AM
  #940
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Duchene starting to move to CCM branded gear now. Bye bye Reebok hockey.

__________________
@chowdersoop
Chau Vo is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 09:11 AM
  #941
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle of Noux
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
I don't know if anyone is familiar with leipäjuusto or Finnish squeaky cheese but you warm that up so it gets a little gooey and serve it with something sweet like jam (preferably cloudberry) and you have a really great dessert.

Just throwing that out there if you ever run into that anywhere.
Oh yes, brödost.

You don't even need any jam or jelly. Just eat it natural. It's one of the most amazing things I've eaten. I would eat it alot more if it wouldn't have so much fat.

Nzap is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 10:45 AM
  #942
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,463
vCash: 239
Looks like cheesecake. Cheesecake is the greatest invention in human history, right before the wheel.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 11:50 AM
  #943
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,740
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Looks like cheesecake. Cheesecake is the greatest invention in human history, right before the wheel.
Cheesecake wasn't an invention.

It is a gift from the gods.

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 12:26 PM
  #944
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle of Noux
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 50
And Brödost isn't cheesecake.

I'm 99% sure

Nzap is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 01:55 PM
  #945
billybobjoe1881
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,845
vCash: 50
Papa John's is amazing. This is only my second time trying their pizza and I am in love.

billybobjoe1881 is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 07:05 PM
  #946
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,839
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
eh...papa johns used to be much better...I feel like they've gone downhill about 2 years or so ago.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
08-17-2014, 09:40 PM
  #947
ORLY
Registered User
 
ORLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 1014
Not a cheese lover but I enjoy feta cheese, especially on a chicken wrap. Never had blue cheese. Never had Papa Johns. Never had more than 3 slices of cheesecake in my life. Need to get my priorities in check.

ORLY is offline  
Old
08-18-2014, 03:20 PM
  #948
ORLY
Registered User
 
ORLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 1014
I'm getting braces. Experiences? I hope they have avalanche blue. My teeth aren't bad but they recommended them because some teeth are a little close together and apparently when I'm an old man they'll be squished. Or they just want the $. I feel too old for braces because I'm not a teenager. Haha better late than never.

ORLY is offline  
Old
08-18-2014, 03:32 PM
  #949
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 6,976
vCash: 50
burnt cheese has to be the best thing ever. If I ever open a restaurant, I want to put burnt cheese on the menu.

hockeyfish is offline  
Old
08-18-2014, 04:26 PM
  #950
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,645
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLY View Post
I'm getting braces. Experiences? I hope they have avalanche blue. My teeth aren't bad but they recommended them because some teeth are a little close together and apparently when I'm an old man they'll be squished. Or they just want the $. I feel too old for braces because I'm not a teenager. Haha better late than never.
You wont regret it , that's probably one of the best decision that i took in my life.
The thing is that you wont be allowed to chew gum or to eat pop-corn , caramels and other food , but trust me that's a small price to pay with high reward .

As far as being too old for braces , i had mine in my mid 20's for a little over a year . Time flew by really fast , first thing i knew they were gone .

THE ONLY thing you have to be extra careful about Braces , is to stay serious near fridge. If be any chance you start smiling passing near a fridge you will end up with all the fridge magnets stuck on your braces

Frenchy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.