HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Eagle Gloves (fit question)

Old
05-19-2014, 04:40 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Eagle Gloves (fit question)

Got a question about Eagle gloves fit in general.

I prefer a tight fit around my fingers, and while I'm a fully grown adult, my fingers are short and stubby.

A 12' Bauer Vapor X:60 fits me extremely well, a little bit on the tight side but I don't mind it.

I tried a 13' Bauer 4-roll before, and it's a little bit too loose for me and would fall straight off my hands at times.

I'm really intrigued by Eagle gloves and would like to buy a pair, but it's impossible for me to get my hands on a pair in Taiwan, so trying them on is out of the question.

What I heard is that Eagles have shorter fingers (perfect for me).

I'd like to know what the equivalent fit to a 12' Vapor would be for a pair of PPF or Talons. I also saw a PPFi 13' and a pair of junior 13' online. If anyone would like to elaborate, I'd really appreciate it.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Talons (at least the original) had longer fingers. Don't know about the rest of the line, though that family is a slightly tighter fit than your Vapors. Interesting option in the 13" Junior, any other details?

Also, I assume that you're going to stick with Vapor if you don't get a clear answer here? The new Vapor line, I find, has longer fingers than previous lines. I normally need 14" is the vast majority of gloves but can comfortably fit into 13" in the new Vapors.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/eagle-ho...talon-int.html

That's the link to the intermediate gloves that went under the junior section on HM.

I'm currently using a pair of Winnwell Pro Stock 12' glove. They fit well.

I also have a pair of 12' X:60 sitting around, but I'd like to keep that around without using because it's actually a Team Canada WJC return I bought on eBay for $60. Would prefer not using it unless I absolutely have to. Looks really nice on my shelf :p

With my Winnwell starting to wear out, I'm looking at a new pair of gloves. I've always wanted a pair of Eagles, but they were hard to find even back in Vancouver...

Thought I'd ask around to see if someone can compare the fit across brands.

I also sent Eagle an e-mail, I'll share my findings here when they decide to reply.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote