HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Two - Mod WARNING Page 10

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Kreider can complete destroy Habs focus if he runs Budaj early game 2 on one of his breakaways. Could rattle the team so hard.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:05 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It's an optional practice. Price has played a **** load of hockey this season. Took a run last game. Doesn't necessarily mean he isn't in for game 2. Could just wanted to see how his skating muscles were doing today.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's an optional practice. Price has played a **** load of hockey this season. Took a run last game. Doesn't necessarily mean he isn't in for game 2. Could just wanted to see how his skating muscles were doing today.
He did not look right after getting run. Goals 3 and 4 were goals that he normally stops. They weren't terrible but he just didn't look right.

Hope he's okay but I don't think this is a good sign. 5 mins and he leaves? Definitely not good.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Mr_Lyle

Not taking part in an optional practice is one thing, but going on the ice for 5 minutes and then leaving is a very bad sign.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory

Price will start Game 2. And Habs will tie the series.

It's time to erase Boston from everybody's memory and focus on this one. We as fans made the same mistake as the team.

Forget the past (game 1 included), adjust, WIN

Old
05-18-2014, 12:21 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Lyle View Post
Not taking part in an optional practice is one thing, but going on the ice for 5 minutes and then leaving is a very bad sign.
Yes and no.

Could easily be, I wanna see how this responds. Went out on the ice, did a lap or two, some skating drills, stretched and then said, hey, this is a bit tender, I am not going to push it and just get mentally prepared for game 2.

I would be more concerned if it was like after the Olympics where he went into a drill, took a shot, then left. It appears the entire approach was more cautionary than anything.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:22 PM
overlords
#bargainbanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
Price will start Game 2. And Habs will tie the series.

It's time to erase Boston from everybody's memory and focus on this one. We as fans made the same mistake as the team.

Forget the past (game 1 included), adjust, WIN
Pretty much. We got demolished in that first game against boston. The W was nice, but it didn't bode well. The important thing was getting our legs back and adjusting to their style.

Not loving the L on our first game, but maybe it's the kick in the ass this team needs.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:28 PM
HeShootsHeScores

This loss is freaking depressing, but that's part of playoffs magic. The first game is such a little part of the story.

I still believe in my team.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Lyle View Post
Tomorrow will be telltale.
His work with Waite may have been simply to determine his mechanics are sound and then off to therapy. Playing with pain happens all the time. Playing with the risk of aggravating an injury is something else altogether.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:32 PM
BLONG7

Those pics of Kreider runnning different goalies is interesting...

Old
05-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Capitaine Max
Therrien GOAT coach

vCash: 250
Price's case has been everything but reassuring.
-After the contact, allowed 2 goals. (His mind was away from the game)
-Was benched for the 3rd period
-No media
-5 minutes to test a leg, which means, it had to be tested... it still hurts... Must leave.
-Players stopped playing in the 3rd, were they shocked or what? Did they see something was wrong?

It looks bad.
At this point, I'm pretty sure he won't play game no 2. Now it's a matter of how serious it is. Give them a couple of days, we should know. As long as Carey Price isn't done for the season, I believe. One thing is for sure, gotta give credit to the Habs management, they're really good at hidding things, I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not loving the L on our first game, but maybe it's the kick in the ass this team needs.
First time we lose the first game of a series, it had to happen. Not too worried about that, happens to every teams. Just bounce back with character!

Last edited by Capitaine Max: 05-18-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old
05-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by morceaudepoulet View Post
Price's case has been everything but reassuring.
-After the contact, allowed 2 goals. (His mind was away from the game)
-Was benched for the 3rd period
-No media
-5 minutes to test a leg, which means, it had to be tested... it still hurts... Must leave.
-Players stopped playing in the 3rd, were they shocked or what? Did they see something was wrong?

It looks bad.
At this point, I'm pretty sure he won't play game no 2. Now it's a matter of how serious it is. Give them a couple of days, we should know. As long as Carey Price isn't done for the season, I believe. One thing is for sure, gotta give credit to the Habs management, they're really good at hidding things, I must say.
we'll see the mental resiliency. 8 wins from the cup...need to step up even more and play puck possession game and limit chances Vs Budaj

Old
05-18-2014, 12:41 PM
De Montreal
help

Whoever said before the series that Habs fans will hate Kreider by the end of the series couldnt have been more right lol

Old
05-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Capitaine Max
Therrien GOAT coach

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Sham View Post
we'll see the mental resiliency. 8 wins from the cup...need to step up even more and play puck possession game and limit chances Vs Budaj
Yup. Good thing is the team seems to have confidence in Budaj. We could really well win a game or 2 with him between the pipes.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Runner77

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Someone needs to teach Kreider how not to play recklessly

Kreider on Craig Anderson...

Kreider on Tuuka Rask

Kreider on MA Fleury

Kreider on MA Fleury...again

Kreider on Price

Just playing devil's advocate, you can only tell so much from photos. As a case in point, if you had not seen how contact was initiated in pic no. 5, you could probably assume he crashed into Price from the side of the net, or that someone outside of the photo frame, initiated contact with him in a domino effect.

In pic no. 3, it looks like he may have been cross-checked into the goalie. For the other pics, you can't tell at what speed he might have been going or if he was propelled into the goalie by some other factor.

Obviously, I'm not dismissing the pics outright, just that watching how those plays unfolded would give us a clearer indication of how much of a reckless net crasher Kreider might be.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:48 PM
vtm26

Kreider is an idiot who doesn't know how to break on skates. Someone should "teach him a lesson" soon.
How many more goalies does he want to run over "unintentionally"?

Old
05-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Prust can go cook an egg on that one, and stop complaining.

Patting Kreider in the back right after it happened? What the **** are you being paid for, yo?

Old
05-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Just playing devil's advocate, you can only tell so much from photos. As a case in point, if you had not seen how contact was initiated in pic no. 5, you could probably assume he crashed into Price from the side of the net, or that someone outside of the photo frame, initiated contact with him in a domino effect.

In pic no. 3, it looks like he may have been cross-checked into the goalie. For the other pics, you can't tell at what speed he might have been going or if he was propelled into the goalie by some other factor.

Obviously, I'm not dismissing the pics outright, just that watching how those plays unfolded would give us a clearer indication of how much of a reckless net crasher Kreider might be.
Well, we love Gallagher...

Have to say though, I didn't like yesterday's run on Price. It was done accidentally on purpose.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Smokey Thompson

Someone should really teach that sob or his goaltender a lesson. Wouldn't mind seeing that little ***** Zuccarello get pounded either. Then there's that diva St. Louis...

This team has shown resilience all season long with bounce back performances and character wins. I fully expect them to take control of game 2 in the same way they did period 2 of game 1, whether its Price, Budaj, or Tokarski in net.

Old
05-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Erik Estrada
Pinotte

Quote:

In Pic 1 this is the final result: injury to Anderson

In Pic 4 he came in full speed into Fleury... Fleury was shaken up... Kreider got a goalie interference (video is on Youtube)

Old
05-18-2014, 01:04 PM
overlords
#bargainbanned

If I had to place a bet, I would guess that Weiss is gonna bowl over Henrik some time soon.

Old
05-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Islander102

Quote:

I watch Kreider all the time. He runs into goalies all the time. I can assure you that if Price is back for game 2 (fingers crossed) he'll take another "run" at him unless someone takes his head off, or does the same thing to Lundqvist. It happens way too often at high speed for it to keep being accidental. Those pictures someone posted aren't the half of it.

Old
05-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Runner77

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
I watch Kreider all the time. He runs into goalies all the time. I can assure you that if Price is back for game 2 (fingers crossed) he'll take another "run" at him unless someone takes his head off, or does the same thing to Lundqvist. It happens way too often at high speed for it to keep being accidental. Those pictures someone posted aren't the half of it.
Please, go on ...

Old
05-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Is Tinordi fast enough to play against the Rags?

Old
05-18-2014, 01:12 PM
overlords
#bargainbanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Is Tinordi fast enough to play against the Rags?
He's faster than emelin and markov. The problem wouldn't be his skating.

Closed Thread