HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Two - Mod WARNING Page 10

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Islander102

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Please, go on ...
Nothing specific, that's just the style he plays. If he gets the opportunity to make contact, or avoid contact, he'll make contact, every time. Then like clockwork the Ranger broadcasting crew will start complaining that he has nowhere else to go, but in all my years of watching hockey, especially the 3 teams down here in NY/NJ, I have never seen a player find himself crashing into the goaltender's pads or shoulders as much as Kreider. It's such a routine occurrence that I wouldn't be surprised if he's encouraged to do it, given his combination of speed and size.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:16 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
Nothing specific, that's just the style he plays. If he gets the opportunity to make contact, or avoid contact, he'll make contact, every time. Then like clockwork the Ranger broadcasting crew will start complaining that he has nowhere else to go, but in all my years of watching hockey, especially the 3 teams down here in NY/NJ, I have never seen a player find himself crashing into the goaltender's pads or shoulders as much as Kreider. It's such a routine occurrence that I wouldn't be surprised if he's encouraged to do it, given his combination of speed and size.
What comes around...goes around...

Old
05-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Runner77

vCash: 8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He's faster than emelin and markov. The problem wouldn't be his skating.
It would be his decision-making, I take it.

Wondering if we shouldn't be aiming to do what was achieved in our 4 lines -- which is add a speed element throughout.

Basically, redo the defensive pairings such that at least one fast skater is on each pair. Emelin and Markov should be dissociated.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Just playing devil's advocate, you can only tell so much from photos. As a case in point, if you had not seen how contact was initiated in pic no. 5, you could probably assume he crashed into Price from the side of the net, or that someone outside of the photo frame, initiated contact with him in a domino effect.

In pic no. 3, it looks like he may have been cross-checked into the goalie. For the other pics, you can't tell at what speed he might have been going or if he was propelled into the goalie by some other factor.

Obviously, I'm not dismissing the pics outright, just that watching how those plays unfolded would give us a clearer indication of how much of a reckless net crasher Kreider might be.
Agreed.

Pictures never tell the full story. Gallagher would have an entire album of bumping and running into goalies.

As for Kreider-Price: I don't understand how you could go feet first - although Price wasn't cut and it's a suspecting ankle or knee injury, that's an extremely dangerous play.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Thanks very much for the additional thoughts. I guess that combination also includes not having had to pay the price and never having been suspended. When so many incidents are brought up about the same player, you start to wonder how clever the guy is at looking innocent. It ceases being a mere coincidence.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Bob b smith

Quote:
I watch Kreider all the time. He runs into goalies all the time. I can assure you that if Price is back for game 2 (fingers crossed) he'll take another "run" at him unless someone takes his head off, or does the same thing to Lundqvist. It happens way too often at high speed for it to keep being accidental. Those pictures someone posted aren't the half of it.
Kreider facts:
1-The Ranger with the most minor penalties despite playing only 66 games.
2-The Ranger forward with the most body checks per game.
3-Has almost as many body checks as Boyle who's only in the NHL because he throws hits despite Kreider playing 14 games less.
4-The player who took out of games the most top goalies in the NHL this season.

I would be more forgiving if Zuccarello or Hagelin came bowling in feet first into Price. But it's Kreider. Sure it's an accident but that's what Kreider does... He has reckless crashing accidents on goaltenders.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
For the contact with price, there was no goalie interference penalty for the play, and I didn't even see the defensemen/price yelling at the ref asking why there isn't one. Which means the refs thought he was tripped up or something, or there definitely would've been a penalty on that type of contact.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Thanks very much for the additional thoughts. I guess that combination also includes not having had to pay the price and never having been suspended. When so many incidents are brought up about the same player, you start to wonder how clever the guy is at looking innocent. It ceases being a mere coincidence.
That's the point it's gotten to for me. I try to watch as much hockey around the league, but the 3 teams around here I get to see 60+ times a year, so I get a better read on the players. There have been plenty of guys come through the area with blazing speed, from Jason Blake to Pavel Bure, Marian Gaborik, Michael Grabner, Ilya Kovalchuk, Carl Hagelin. None of them found their way crashing into the goaltender's pads 1/10th the amount of time that I see Kreider doing it, and this kid has been in the league for 2 years.

Like you said, with his speed and size, he can slide in and make it look innocent, but eventually teams are going to catch on to this kid running a goalie once a week on a partial breakaway. It's way, way too much of a trend for me to think it's still a coincidence after seemingly running into a goalie a week, and potentially being responsible for 3 goaltender injuries by the end of his sophomore season in the NHL.

The only way to stop it is for Weiss and Prust and Ghallager etc to find their way "accidentally" into Lundqvist at the other end.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:29 PM
mangdas

I'm confident Therrien will make suitable adjustments in the lineup and strategy. He did it both series so far. Really scared about Price but Budaj has been awesome any time he's been called upon so I think we should worry more about our play up front than our goalies.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
It would be his decision-making, I take it.

Wondering if we shouldn't be aiming to do what was achieved in our 4 lines -- which is add a speed element throughout.

Basically, redo the defensive pairings such that at least one fast skater is on each pair. Emelin and Markov should be dissociated.
I'd rather have Tinordi with Markov at this point...

Old
05-18-2014, 12:32 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
For the contact with price, there was no goalie interference penalty for the play, and I didn't even see the defensemen/price yelling at the ref asking why there isn't one. Which means the refs thought he was tripped up or something, or there definitely would've been a penalty on that type of contact.
You have already established that Kreider was going at 22 mph and that Emelin's vicious slash was clearly the cause of Price's injury. Thank you detective Hockey Team. I don't know what we would do in our GDT without your invaluable contributions.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:50 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Someone needs to teach Kreider how not to play recklessly

Kreider on Craig Anderson...

Kreider on Tuuka Rask

Kreider on MA Fleury

Kreider on MA Fleury...again

Kreider on Price

Some need to stop whining. It was a hockey play, we need guys to drive the net just like kreider. No excuses. Stop the nonsense, playing the victim wins you nothing.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Runner77

Quote:
That's the point it's gotten to for me. I try to watch as much hockey around the league, but the 3 teams around here I get to see 60+ times a year, so I get a better read on the players.
Pretty impressive. Are you sure you're not Canadian?

Quote:
The only way to stop it is for Weiss and Prust and Ghallager etc to find their way "accidentally" into Lundqvist at the other end.
I'm not a fan of running into goalies. I don't like it when any of our players do it, whether accidentally, on purpose or whatever. I certainly wouldn't advocate it as a means of retaliation either.

There are other means to neutralize Kreider and it begins with tighter checking and getting the right match-ups against him. He's a game-breaker and clearly, closer attention needs to be paid to him. There are ways to contain his game since the Habs are one of the best skating teams in the league. Our Ds need to be more physical. The Prust love tap thing reeks.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Profet

vCash: 88
Quote:
That's the point it's gotten to for me. I try to watch as much hockey around the league, but the 3 teams around here I get to see 60+ times a year, so I get a better read on the players. There have been plenty of guys come through the area with blazing speed, from Jason Blake to Pavel Bure, Marian Gaborik, Michael Grabner, Ilya Kovalchuk, Carl Hagelin. None of them found their way crashing into the goaltender's pads 1/10th the amount of time that I see Kreider doing it, and this kid has been in the league for 2 years.

Like you said, with his speed and size, he can slide in and make it look innocent, but eventually teams are going to catch on to this kid running a goalie once a week on a partial breakaway. It's way, way too much of a trend for me to think it's still a coincidence after seemingly running into a goalie a week, and potentially being responsible for 3 goaltender injuries by the end of his sophomore season in the NHL.

Not going to comment on the play, but I do find it laughable that you are comparing primarily small, skilled, perimeter players to a prototypical power forward.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Et le But

Between ending our season and having to hear Montreal fans cry about Leblanc and Ranger fans hyping him like he's the second coming of Cam Neely, Kreider is quickly becoming one of my least favourite players in the NHL.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Some need to stop whining. It was a hockey play, we need guys to drive the net just like kreider. No excuses. Stop the nonsense, playing the victim wins you nothing.
When you look at the way the play developed, wondering if Emelin had a clear shot at checking Kreider -- seems to me Emelin is the culprit, since he played the puck and not the body in the neutral zone. Looked to me like Emelin had him lined up for a check, but not sure if it's realistic just viewing it from a tape or one angle.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:55 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yes and no.

Could easily be, I wanna see how this responds. Went out on the ice, did a lap or two, some skating drills, stretched and then said, hey, this is a bit tender, I am not going to push it and just get mentally prepared for game 2.

I would be more concerned if it was like after the Olympics where he went into a drill, took a shot, then left. It appears the entire approach was more cautionary than anything.
Agreed, I think he'll be in, it's probably a touch tender and he wanted to see if it was anything bigger. So he didn't a little warmup, felt fine and left.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet View Post
Not going to comment on the play, but I do find it laughable that you are comparing primarily small, skilled, perimeter players to a prototypical power forward.
And why would we care? Can't you start a thread about how great Kreider might be, on your own board?

Old
05-18-2014, 12:57 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
When you look at the way the play developed, wondering if Emelin had a clear shot at checking Kreider -- seems to me Emelin is the culprit, since he played the puck and not the body in the neutral zone. Looked to me like Emelin had him lined up for a check, but not sure if it's realistic just viewing it from a tape or one angle.
I don't think it's any one players fault. It was a play that sucks for us, but there's zero chance kreider fired the puck on a breakaway and then timed a feet first slide into Price directly afterwards on purpose. **** happens. We need to forget about it, if we play our game, Budaj can beat them too.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:58 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 621
Given that it was a 7-2 blow-out, I dunno why the Habs didn't take the opportunity to plow over King Henrik. What goes around comes around.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:59 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Between ending our season and having to hear Montreal fans cry about Leblanc and Ranger fans hyping him like he's the second coming of Cam Neely, Kreider is quickly becoming one of my least favourite players in the NHL.
If i were a Habs fan i would be more mad at the defense than Kreider. If that happened to Hank i would be pissed at Girardi for tripping a player just like teh Habs defender did to Kreider. Also i wanted to athank the Habs fans who came over and were logical and agreed it was just a unfortunate accident. Kreider is a good kid and despite being big/strong doesnt want to hurt anybody

Old
05-18-2014, 01:00 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Kreider facts:
1-The Ranger with the most minor penalties despite playing only 66 games.
2-The Ranger forward with the most body checks per game.
3-Has almost as many body checks as Boyle who's only in the NHL because he throws hits despite Kreider playing 14 games less.
4-The player who took out of games the most top goalies in the NHL this season.

I would be more forgiving if Zuccarello or Hagelin came bowling in feet first into Price. But it's Kreider. Sure it's an accident but that's what Kreider does... He has reckless crashing accidents on goaltenders.
Let it go already. I wish we had someone like Kreider on our team.

Old
05-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
There is another way... "Accidentally" break Kreider's wrist again, like I suspect Prust tried to do before getting his 14 minute penalty.

Old
05-18-2014, 01:03 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Let it go already. I wish we had someone like Kreider on our team.

Agreed 100%. A similar thing happened between Pacioretty and hank a couple years back and i didnt get too mad at max because i knew he was trying to mkae a play and it wasnt intentional. I would love pacioretty on the Rangers

Old
05-18-2014, 01:04 PM
68*

Time for Bourque, Pacioretty, Bournival and Weise to drive the net hard. Make it look accidental.

Closed Thread