HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Two - Mod WARNING Page 10

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-18-2014, 01:50 PM
  #101
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
What's the news on Brassard? Isn't that a big loss for Rags if he can't play?
Vigneault said he's day to day... When asked if it was upper of lower body, Vigneault said "pick one'... Maybe he's there tomorrow. Maybe not.

Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 01:51 PM
  #102
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasch#4 View Post
Nope but thanks for McD! We would not be anywhere near the ECF without him. I can see why other teams do not like Kreider but often times it is the other teams D fault he crashes into nets
Troll, lol. But why stop now, seems that you have a license to keep spewing rags folklore.

Runner77 is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 01:51 PM
  #103
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Anyone else find the whining hard to take around here? I mean, seriously, we lost, they were better, our goalie may or may not be hurt. We don't even freaking know and most of the board is having a fit.

Kreider, is a big/strong fast kid that drives the net, sometimes unfortunate plays are going to happen with a player of his style, there was nothing dirty/intentional or malicious about it, it was simply unfortunate. He'll continue to do it too, so move on.

I was more pissed off at the lack of response from the habs, then the play itself. Someone should have grabbed him and got a few licks in.
I wholeheartedly agree. Not only that, but we've become everything we made fun of Bruins fans for. I see people calling for Kreider to get his head bashed in, making excuses for the loss, coming up these crazy conspiracies regarding Kreider's intentions.

We sound like a bunch of hypocrites.

As for the examples of other collisions as constituting proof of Kreider's intentions, they hold no water. Kreider's game is built of crashing the net, that is what makes him successful, kind of like Gallagher. We don't complain when Gallagher is falling into keepers and crashing the bluepaint. I wish we had Kreider on our club or at the very last, have Pacioretty play a similar game considering his frame.

Andy is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 01:52 PM
  #104
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,432
vCash: 500
Finally, we have a GDT: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1673727

Runner77 is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 01:54 PM
  #105
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
If i were a Habs fan i would be more mad at the defense than Kreider. If that happened to Hank i would be pissed at Girardi for tripping a player just like teh Habs defender did to Kreider. Also i wanted to athank the Habs fans who came over and were logical and agreed it was just a unfortunate accident. Kreider is a good kid and despite being big/strong doesnt want to hurt anybody
I'll have great pleasure coming to your boards and expressing the same sentiments toward whichever player makes contact accidentally with Lundqvist next game.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 01:55 PM
  #106
Pricenyuk
Montreal961
 
Pricenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Cant see us winning without Price.

Pricenyuk is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 01:56 PM
  #107
PuckSeparator
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Check Republik
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasch#4 View Post
He is going faster than most (just a about any other) skaters. The faster you are going the harder it is to stop especially when off balance due to desperate whacks at his skates. It is simple physics really. Have your D play back more so they are not in the position to trip him as they panic

I hope price is good to go in game 2. But pay attention to how Kreider is slashed and tripped on semi breakaways when they dive and try to get the puck as the often get his skates
If he is going faster than most than he needs to learn better than most how NOT to put himself in situations where he will accidentally-intentionally run/injure opposition goalies. He had not one inkling of breaking or getting out of the way at any point and if you play as reckless as that these kinds of situations will happen. Never mind the fact that a trip to the SCF is at stake and the Rangers damn sure know that Price is the difference for us. So, purely on purpose? Probably not. Did he put himself in a position to for the outcome to be what it was? Yes he did. I mean who puts themselves in a position where a slight slash (which happen all game, every game in the playoffs) is going to spiral them skates first into the opposition goalie? And then you factor in his history and he doesn't look as innocent anymore.

PuckSeparator is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 01:58 PM
  #108
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Just playing devil's advocate, you can only tell so much from photos. As a case in point, if you had not seen how contact was initiated in pic no. 5, you could probably assume he crashed into Price from the side of the net, or that someone outside of the photo frame, initiated contact with him in a domino effect.

In pic no. 3, it looks like he may have been cross-checked into the goalie. For the other pics, you can't tell at what speed he might have been going or if he was propelled into the goalie by some other factor.

Obviously, I'm not dismissing the pics outright, just that watching how those plays unfolded would give us a clearer indication of how much of a reckless net crasher Kreider might be.

Skates first and up at Price.

You dont need any clearer indication.

SouthernHab is online now  
Old
05-18-2014, 01:59 PM
  #109
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,124
vCash: 500
Thoughts on Plekanec? He's been pretty abysmal on ES for awhile now. He's still great on the PK, and a danger for some counter-attacks, but he's been playing poorly in general on ES. Having Vanek weighing that line down doesn't help matters, but Plekanec's been struggling on his own too.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:00 PM
  #110
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
This guy is sneaky dirty. I really don't understand players that do this. My god if your good enough to play in the NHL why do you need to hurt other players on purpose???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqDDOQ9qHas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohWisTr7Jf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tvIi5jK52s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XZIEYvFWzw
ROFL. What a good kid this Kreider fellow is. Upstanding citizen.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:02 PM
  #111
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Skates first and up at Price.

You dont need any clearer indication.
Look, if it was as clear-cut as you claim, why are there as many sources claiming it was an accident as there are saying it was on purpose? We'll never really know. Sure, the guy seems to have precedents but his alleged reputation hasn't caught up to him yet. Even Prust gave Kreider a love tap after the play.

We're overly obsessing on this guy -- let's just win the next game. Kreider has invented nothing, we have many guys on our team who have breakaway speed and who can hit. Let's focus on what we do right, and not on what Kreider and his fanboys are lighting fires over.

Runner77 is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:05 PM
  #112
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I don't think it's any one players fault. It was a play that sucks for us, but there's zero chance kreider fired the puck on a breakaway and then timed a feet first slide into Price directly afterwards on purpose. **** happens. We need to forget about it, if we play our game, Budaj can beat them too.
I remember the day clearly when I found out for the first time that Santa Claus was not real.

And it appears that you are believing in some fiction right now.

SouthernHab is online now  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:13 PM
  #113
Smoky Thompson
Registered User
 
Smoky Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Too much "the Boston method"... I would just sit Prust in the pressbox for taking a 14 minute goofball penalty, personally.
We can't beat the Rangers in a speed game. It'll be a quick series if we continue to let Kreider and Zuccarello use their speed without worrying about getting hacked, slashed, or hit hard.

If that means using "the Boston method", then so be it.

Smoky Thompson is online now  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:13 PM
  #114
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Look, if it was as clear-cut as you claim, why are there as many sources claiming it was an accident as there are saying it was on purpose? We'll never really know. Sure, the guy seems to have precedents but his alleged reputation hasn't caught up to him yet. Even Prust gave Kreider a love tap after the play.

We're overly obsessing on this guy -- let's just win the next game. Kreider has invented nothing, we have many guys on our team who have breakaway speed and who can hit. Let's focus on what we do right, and not on what Kreider and his fanboys are lighting fires over.
We do need to win the next game.

"Obsessing on this guy"..........

Well, if Kreider took out Bourque, I would agree with you. However, with reckless intent (skates were way up as he went into his slide similar to a baseball player sliding into 2nd base to break up a double play), Kreider has potentially removed our best player.

SouthernHab is online now  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:17 PM
  #115
Smoky Thompson
Registered User
 
Smoky Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
We do need to win the next game.

"Obsessing on this guy"..........

Well, if Kreider took out Bourque, I would agree with you. However, with reckless intent (skates were way up as he went into his slide similar to a baseball player sliding into 2nd base to break up a double play), Kreider has potentially removed our best player.
Similarly to how they removed Crosby last series by continuously pounding him. The Pens guys did absolutely nothing about it, and ultimately lost the series because their best player was a non factor.

Smoky Thompson is online now  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:19 PM
  #116
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Similarly to how they removed Crosby last series by continuously pounding him. The Pens guys did absolutely nothing about it, and ultimately lost the series because their best player was a non factor.
Lundqvist needs to be run and run hard.

Sliding in, skates up aimed right at his knees.

SouthernHab is online now  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:23 PM
  #117
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
We do need to win the next game.

"Obsessing on this guy"..........

Well, if Kreider took out Bourque, I would agree with you. However, with reckless intent (skates were way up as he went into his slide similar to a baseball player sliding into 2nd base to break up a double play), Kreider has potentially removed our best player.
How can you definitively conclude about "intent"? Courts have a difficult time assessing it, but not on a message board it seems.

I don't care about being right on this one, but I will concede that Therrien isn't as categorical about the hit on Price today, as he was yesterday during his presser:

Quote:
"I reviewed the incident and obviously it was accidental contact, but let's put it this way: He didn't make much effort to avoid the contact."

Runner77 is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:23 PM
  #118
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I'll have great pleasure coming to your boards and expressing the same sentiments toward whichever player makes contact accidentally with Lundqvist next game.
That's the thing, proportionality in this case means Lundqvist being carried off on a stretcher. That Price can put his equipment on, practice for 5 minutes or sit on the bench is not relevant. At this level, Price at 80 percent mobility might as well be Price at 0 percent mobility.

I can't get the need to be unnecessarily balanced or politically correct. Our goalie was just removed from this series by a purposeful, dangerous play by a repeat offender. Then people direct their anger to Prust, who appears to be the only one who understands the gravity of the situation and who isn't going to shrug his shoulders and book a tee-time.

This series may be out of control after game 2 instead of the by-the-rules matchup of goalies and skill that was billed. All because some meat head Ranger took an opportunity to injure someone.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:25 PM
  #119
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
That's the thing, proportionality in this case means Lundqvist being carried off on a stretcher. That Price can put his equipment on, practice for 5 minutes or sit on the bench is not relevant. At this level, Price at 80 percent mobility might as well be Price at 0 percent mobility.

I can't get the need to be unnecessarily balanced or politically correct. Our goalie was just removed from this series by a purposeful, dangerous play by a repeat offender. Then people direct their anger to Prust, who appears to be the only one who understands the gravity of the situation and who isn't going to shrug his shoulders and book a tee-time.

This series may be out of control after game 2 instead of the by-the-rules matchup of goalies and skill that was billed. All because some meat head Ranger took an opportunity to injure someone.
An unbalance has been created and needs to be rectified. It's that simple.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:26 PM
  #120
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
How can you definitively conclude about "intent"? Courts have a difficult time assessing it, but not on a message board it seems.

I don't care about being right on this one, but I will concede that Therrien isn't as categorical about the hit on Price today, as he was yesterday during his presser:
Dont be so self-loathing in an effort to appear cordial or nice or "not like a Bruins fan".

A hockey player with a history of violent contact against other teams' goalies slides into Price with his skates up and you are concerned about "intent"?

SouthernHab is online now  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:27 PM
  #121
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,432
vCash: 500
As word about Price possibly not being available for Game 2 has hit the internet, twitter is on fire. Wouldn't surprise me if Price tweets began trending.

Runner77 is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:28 PM
  #122
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Dont be so self-loathing in an effort to appear cordial or nice or "not like a Bruins fan".

A hockey player with a history of violent contact against other teams' goalies slides into Price with his skates up and you are concerned about "intent"?
Yeah I don't get the self-loathing here. We do that a lot as habs fans.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:29 PM
  #123
76ftw
24
 
76ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
2 tickets in section 207 row D for game 2. Desjardins, unlimited food. Selling below face value (700 for the pair). Pm me if interested
5 bucks best offer I can do

76ftw is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:30 PM
  #124
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Dont be so self-loathing in an effort to appear cordial or nice or "not like a Bruins fan".
I'll be any way I want. Get off your high horse.

Quote:
A hockey player with a history of violent contact against other teams' goalies slides into Price with his skates up and you are concerned about "intent"?
You're the one who raised "intent" in your post. You asserted that Krasher had acted with intent. You're not even aware of what you write, Mr. I'll-tell-you-how-to-be.

Runner77 is offline  
Old
05-18-2014, 02:33 PM
  #125
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
I'll be any way I want. Get off your high horse.



You're the one who raised "intent" in your post. You asserted that Krasher had acted with intent. You're not even aware of what you write, Mr. I'll-tell-you-how-to-be.
In sports, there is a lot of black and white.

Kreider with a history. Price with an injury.

As a Habs fan, my apologies for not wanting to give Kreider a pass.

SouthernHab is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.