HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Re: Travis Green and Jason Arnott

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Niedermayer21

vCash: 500
Re: Travis Green and Jason Arnott

I wonder why Lou didn't trade for Travis Green? He would have been a perfect fourth-line centerman.

As for Jason Arnott, I believe he is available. What would you say to Adrian Foster, Turner Stevenson, Viktor Uchevatov and a 2004 #2 to Dallas for Arnott.

New Lineup:
Elias--Arnott--Bicek/Berglund and Suglobov
Friesen--Gomez/Rupp--Langenbrunner
Pandolfo--Madden--Gionta/Marshall
Brylin--Rupp/Gomez--Marshall/Gionta
Rasmussen and Larionov

Rafalski--Stevens
Niedermayer--White
Giroux--Brown/Albelin
Hale and Martin

Brodeur
Schwab

Old
10-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Blackjack

There's a reason a mediocre team (Toronto) didn't bother protecting Green. He's not that good. If we need a 4th line center somewhere down the line, we can always pick up a Rheaume.

As for Arnott, why do you think he's available? I heard that Dallas is planning on a top line of Modano-Arnott-Guerin. Even if he was available I don't think that they'd trade him for a centerpiece as risky as Foster.

Old
10-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
I believe Mike O'Connell was so desperate to finally fill the void with Josef Stumpel gone that he didn't even want to take the chance of losing out on him to another team - hence the trade of a draft pick to Columbus for him.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:55 AM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
New Jersey would be giving up too much for Arnott , although if he did get him back , he'd be a way better player in the swamp . He'd also help Elias' game improve .
Well he might help Elias but I'd rather him just stay where he is at. His locker room presence would be like cancer. Plus he might still have a grudge against Lou.

Old
10-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Niedermayer21

Travis Green was very good with the Islanders, but that was a long time ago. The reason I would take Green over Rheaume is for the very reason Jason stated, he is a really good face-off guy. If we need to win a big face-off in the defensive zone, Green would be my pick over all of the other Devils' centers.

The experiment of using Mike Modano as a left-winger with Arnott and Guerin is over with, last I heard. Turgeon is their second-line centerman and Arnott is being used again at right wing, where he is just not comfortable. I forgot where I read this, but is was as recent as a few days ago. I don't know if Arnott is complaining, but I do believe that Dallas wants to trim their payroll. If we can afford getting Arnott back, and the players on our current roster would not have a problem with him, and Lou and Burns would be okay with Jason coming back, then I believe it is a good trade for both teams. Dallas gets a little younger with Foster--who has a tremendous upside--and Uchevatov and that #2 pick, and a little tougher with Turner Stevenson.

Hell, it would make Patrick Elias euphoric!!!

Old
10-04-2003, 03:21 PM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

God...

We dont' need any more 3rd or 4th liners. We need to trade like 6 of our 3rd or 4th liners for 1 1st liner.

Honestly look at this mess....

Marshall, Stevenson, Rasmussen, Brylin, Larionov, Berglund, Gionta, Pandolfo, Rupp....the list goes on.

These guys really SHOULD be 3rd/4th liners, at least for this year. Yes I realize we are the Devils, a team that puts Marshall on the 1st line . But honestly, IMHO, none of these guys belong on a top 1st or 2nd line in the National Hockey League. NO MORE TRAVIS GREEN'S and players like that. We need scorers and playmakers.

Aye I Aye...shakes head...

Old
10-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Until bodies are moved its all we have to work with for now. Have to make the best of the situation and hope things shake out in positive ways.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:35 PM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
Until bodies are moved its all we have to work with for now. Have to make the best of the situation and hope things shake out in positive ways.
Agreed. Still sucks though.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:36 PM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Hey I never said to get him, I said he is underated.
Wasn't directed toward you

Old
10-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Tao Jones

At $1.6M, Green is making more than Larionov at $1.5M. More than both Rasmussen at $0.6M and Rheaume's qualifier at $0.8??M.

I don't see Arnott returning for the reason Lou stated on the DVD. I agree chemistry is important for Elias to be successful, but I think there is a fine line between chemistry and catering to one player by acquiring the "perfect" linemate. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what Elias brings to the Devils, but I would not be surprised nor upset to see him traded, before the deadline for a premiere forward of similar value, if he struggles throughout the season. Being the team's leading scorer is not enough. Elias and Gomez need to finish in the clutch, not when we already have a lead in the game. The Devils simply cannot afford to let Elias miss as many wide-open nets and scoring chances as he and Gomez did last season.

Old
10-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Niedermayer21

FYI, we won the Stanley Cup last season with a lot of role players.
Just a reminder. The season hasn't started yet. Relax and enjoy!

Old
10-07-2003, 08:15 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
I
As for Jason Arnott, I believe he is available. What would you say to Adrian Foster, Turner Stevenson, Viktor Uchevatov and a 2004 #2 to Dallas for Arnott.
I counter with:

Manny Malhotra, Barret Heisten, Jeff MacMillan and a 2004 2nd for Patrik Elias.

Old
10-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
You are strying to say that Dallas's package equals NJ's package and that Arnott is as good as Elias/
What are you? Ignorant?

The package sucks balls and will not even get you a Jason Arnott rookie card. A same idea only vice versa.. I bet you don't like that offer do you?

Closed Thread