HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Proposal Rangers Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 03:19 PM
ebn

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal Rangers Oilers

What do you guys think about a trade

To Edmonton Jamie Lundmark
Dale Purinton

To NY Rangers Mike Comrie

Old
10-14-2003, 03:25 PM
FacelessButcher

Puriton is too slow to play for the Oil, how about Lundmark+Barnaby/2nd pick 2004. What are u gonna do move a center to the wing for Comrie? Lindros?Nedved?

Old
10-14-2003, 03:36 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Puriton is too slow to play for the Oil, how about Lundmark+Barnaby/2nd pick 2004. What are u gonna do move a center to the wing for Comrie? Lindros?Nedved?
I would do Lundmark and a second rounder if not Purinton. Maybe Joel Bouchard he is a pretty good defensemen for us. Played well last year before going to Pitt in the Kovalev trade. Doesn't make much and isn't slow.

I actually want to move Lindros to right wing to play with Holik.

They didn't do That bad. This would allow Comrie to play with Carter and Rucinsky. That line with Lindros looks awful so far.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:37 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn

Dale Purinton

I am not a big fan of this proposal actually. While i like Lundamark i like Comrie much better and Puriton is junk. Maybe something like

To edm: Lundmark and NYR 1st

to NYR Comrie Edm 2nd

Old
10-14-2003, 03:39 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn

Dale Purinton

done and done.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:48 PM
hunter orange

Ageed with the Oil fans. We'll need high picks to come along w/ Lundmark...(a resounding no way for Purinton)

option #1:

Comrie & 3rd ---------- for ---------- Lundmark & 2nd
** with Edm reserving the option to flip 1st round picks w/ NYR in 2004

option #2:

Comrie & Rita ---------- for ---------- Lundmark, Tjutin, 2nd

Old
10-14-2003, 03:49 PM
Kritty

No wonder all the Rangers fans like this deal, it's hugely in their favour. Lundmark has shown absolutely nothing to this point in his career. He still has some very nice upside but his trade value is not all that high right now. Don't waste your time with Purinton. He's useless. If you want Comrie you're going to have to do alot better than that. Tjutin will have to be going to Edmonton along with Lundmark. Or at least something to that effect.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Cerebral

I don't think Lundmark has nearly the trade value Comrie does at this point. Comrie is only a year older but has already established himself as a goal scorer at the NHL level. Lundmark has yet to show anything in the big show and yet is from the same draft class as Comrie. Granted he played a full season at the AHL level but he's had a lot of chances to crack the Rangers lineup in the past and just hasn't yet. I don't see Lundmark as a reasonable option for the Oilers; they need a top 4
d-man, a top-2 center or a top-end prospect and draft pick. While Lundmark certainly still has a lot of years to break his way into the NHL, I just don't see the Oilers jumping at this offer at all.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:58 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
No wonder all the Rangers fans like this deal, it's hugely in their favour. Lundmark has shown absolutely nothing to this point in his career. He still has some very nice upside but his trade value is not all that high right now. Don't waste your time with Purinton. He's useless. If you want Comrie you're going to have to do alot better than that. Tjutin will have to be going to Edmonton along with Lundmark. Or at least something to that effect.
Forget about Tutin he is the future of Rangers defense which is quite old.

Lundmark and 2nd Rounder is the most I think the Rangers will do. Or should I say me.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:03 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I don't think Lundmark has nearly the trade value Comrie does at this point. Comrie is only a year older but has already established himself as a goal scorer at the NHL level. Lundmark has yet to show anything in the big show and yet is from the same draft class as Comrie. Granted he played a full season at the AHL level but he's had a lot of chances to crack the Rangers lineup in the past and just hasn't yet. I don't see Lundmark as a reasonable option for the Oilers; they need a top 4
d-man, a top-2 center or a top-end prospect and draft pick. While Lundmark certainly still has a lot of years to break his way into the NHL, I just don't see the Oilers jumping at this offer at all.

I agree with you that Lundmark is not the player that Comrie is. However Lundmark makes less than Comrie. If you guys want the same player that Comrie is that player has to fit in your salary structure. Where are you going to find a player of Comrie stature and makes less money than Comrie wants.

Lundmark is a great prospect. put him with a second rounder and you get equal value meaning one day Lundmark and the second pick will be part of the Oilers. However if you can't pay Comrie how are you going to get equal value player that makes less than him is beyond be.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:06 PM
hunter orange

We'll also need to reserve the right to flip 1st rounders (see above).

Old
10-14-2003, 04:12 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
Fine by Rangers. I mean me.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:15 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn
Forget about Tutin he is the future of Rangers defense which is quite old.

Lundmark and 2nd Rounder is the most I think the Rangers will do. Or should I say me.
If you aren't going to part with a top prospect then you won't get Comrie, it's that simple. He's a future star. The Rangers have no future on defence. They just try to buy a defence every year and it has yet to work. Until that entire organization is overhauled, they will never be able to BUILD a team, instead of buying one.

Lundmark and a 2nd won't even come close to Comrie. You seem to think Lundmark is this great prospect but he isn't. At this point he's an average prospect until he proves otherwise. Lowe wouldn't even consider that deal.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:16 PM
MentalPowerHouse

I don't think Lundmark will ever been anything in the league, in any case his potential plus garbage isn't worty Comrie.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:17 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn
Fine by Rangers. I mean me.
Oh I want the third coming back.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn
I agree with you that Lundmark is not the player that Comrie is. However Lundmark makes less than Comrie. If you guys want the same player that Comrie is that player has to fit in your salary structure. Where are you going to find a player of Comrie stature and makes less money than Comrie wants.

Lundmark is a great prospect. put him with a second rounder and you get equal value meaning one day Lundmark and the second pick will be part of the Oilers. However if you can't pay Comrie how are you going to get equal value player that makes less than him is beyond be.
First off, Lundmark is not a great prospect, he's average, much like many other prospects in the NHL. He has to show something soon or else he'll be considered a bust. As someone already stated, Comrie has already established himself as a top forward in the league and is basically the same age. Obviously he makes more, he's established himself. If Lundmark was to start putting up some numbers he would be making more too. I hate that argument. "He makes less". Obviously he does, he hasn't proven anything. All these players that are currently signed cheap (ie. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc.) will be making alot more money once they have to resign.

Lundmark and a 2nd rounder is not equal value to Comrie. That's is plain as I can put it. It will take a better offer to get Comrie out of Edmonton.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:20 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
If you aren't going to part with a top prospect then you won't get Comrie, it's that simple. He's a future star. The Rangers have no future on defence. They just try to buy a defence every year and it has yet to work. Until that entire organization is overhauled, they will never be able to BUILD a team, instead of buying one.

Lundmark and a 2nd won't even come close to Comrie. You seem to think Lundmark is this great prospect but he isn't. At this point he's an average prospect until he proves otherwise. Lowe wouldn't even consider that deal.

Well who would you want from the Rangers? No Tutuin thought.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:28 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
Oilers and Rangers are pretty close standings wise I can't see it getting us a whole lot more than 3 picks earlier if any at all, with Sather behind the bench I bet we will be neck and neck all year long

Old
10-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn
Well who would you want from the Rangers? No Tutuin thought.
That's exactly why I don't think the Rangers have a chance at getting Comrie. Lowe wants defence help. Not just depth defence, quality defence. On the Rangers roster, that means Tjutin. I think he might consider something around Lundmark and Blackburn but even then I'm somewhat skeptical with Deslauriers looking better and better each year. Without Tjutin, I just don't see it happening.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn
However if you can't pay Comrie how are you going to get equal value player that makes less than him is beyond be.
Sigh.. for the last time, the Oilers can afford to pay Comrie, they're just trying to pay him what they feel he's worth! The Oilers can likely afford to add around $2.5-$3.0 million/year in salary, they just don't want to use that amount of cash on overpaid players like Brisebois.. as I've stated before, I don't think the Rangers/Oilers make ideal partners because of New York's influx of players down the middle. In any case, any deal for Comrie would likely need to have Tjutin coming back.. Lundmark just plain won't help the Oilers this season and thus is not an attractive commodity for Lowe.

Closed Thread