HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clarke on DNL live

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2005, 08:48 PM
jb**

vCash: 500
Clarke on DNL live

I caught the tale end of the replay:
Said they are done unless somenone calls them tomorrow with an offer they couldn't pass up.

Said Bondra is the best f/a left and not interested.
To all the Capologist haters who think the Flyers are over Clarke himself said they are at 37MM THAT MEAN s 2MM UNDER THE CAP.

Talked about Lindross in Toronto and said eh should do ok now that he is older. Said he always got along with him and his father until they started blaming the Team for everthing and Eric wouldn't take any repsonsibility himself.

Talked about drafting well and using those players to trade or fill in on the roster.
Said he hope just because there is a Cap, there will still be elite teams, and they intend to eb one of them.

Said The Eagles and Joe Banner helped them prepare for the Cap.

Missed what was said earlier and may have missed something as well, feel free to add.

Last edited by jb**: 08-29-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old
08-29-2005, 10:19 PM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb
Talked about Lindross in Toronto and said eh should do ok now that he is older. Said he always got along with him and his father until they started blaming the Team for everthing and Eric wouldn't take any repsonsibility himself.
Was blood seeping out the hole he bit in his lower lip as he responded to this question?

Old
08-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
Was blood seeping out the hole he bit in his lower lip as he responded to this question?
Actually, he was smiling the entire interview. It seems as if he's moved on from this interview. But i'm sure when Hatcher hits Lindros at some point in this season, you'll see Clarke up in his little box smiling from ear to ear.

Old
08-30-2005, 12:31 AM
hockeyphan25

big relief, I'd rather keep Handzus than trade him to sign Bondra, I thought it was going to happen.

Old
08-30-2005, 06:48 AM
Steve L*

Interesting, $2m cap space at the deadline means the Flyers could afford any player in the league.

I think March will be very good for fans of the trade deadline.

Old
08-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Flyers26

I was surprised that he didn't show the anger he usually does, when talking about 88.

Old
08-30-2005, 11:08 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Never believe anything Clarke says. remember when after the Flyers signed Hatcher and Rathje that he said the Flyers were done signing players other then their own? What happened next. I am not saying a deal is going to happen and Bondra does come here but I take everything Clarke says with a grain of salt.

Old
08-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
I was surprised that he didn't show the anger he usually does, when talking about 88.
Maybe with all the extra money the Flyers will have this year since they're spending about half of what they did last year, Clarke has taken up Bowls For Goals and is getting a head start, and thus wasn't so edgy last night.

Old
08-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Never believe anything Clarke says. remember when after the Flyers signed Hatcher and Rathje that he said the Flyers were done signing players other then their own? What happened next. I am not saying a deal is going to happen and Bondra does come here but I take everything Clarke says with a grain of salt.
that we wouldn't be trading for Comrie...

Old
08-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
He also said after he signed Forsberg that he wasn't planning on signing him, but saw the opportunity and jumped on it. He wasn't trying to throw a smoke grenade. If you read any of the reports after Forsberg was signed, all of them say that the Flyers inquired about Forsberg and had him signed in a matter of five hours, maybe less.

Not saying that Clarkie never blows smoke, but using the Forsberg as a signing isn't the greatest example.

Old
08-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
that we wouldn't be trading for Comrie...
The best example was in 98 he said he wasn't trading for a goalie and less than 24 hours later Sean Burke was a Flyer. Sadly.

Old
08-30-2005, 12:49 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
He probably thought he was done. I doubt he thought he could get Forsberg for for what he did when he said that. What was he supposed to do, turn down Forsberg?

Old
08-30-2005, 01:05 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
He probably thought he was done. I doubt he thought he could get Forsberg for for what he did when he said that. What was he supposed to do, turn down Forsberg?

of course not. I was just pointing out you cant allways believe what Clarke says. whether its a coincidece or not.

Old
08-30-2005, 05:42 PM
stanley

Are you guys really panning Clarke for not showing his hand to those people he's trying to screw? It's simply common-sense negotiating, unless someone's uncovered the brutally honest car salesman and I don't know it.

Old
08-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Sniperz25

They are closer to 37.5 million.

37,437,827 to be exact.

Old
08-30-2005, 10:38 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperz25
They are closer to 37.5 million.

37,437,827 to be exact.
Thats our best estimate. I dont quite believe Clark when he says they are 3 mil under the cap, but he of all people would know the actual number considering that none of us have seen any of these contracts or have even read the CBA for that matter.

Old
08-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Thats our best estimate. I dont quite believe Clark when he says they are 3 mil under the cap, but he of all people would know the actual number considering that none of us have seen any of these contracts or have even read the CBA for that matter.
Clarke never said 3 mil under. The guy asked about his cap situation and he said "we're at 37".

Closed Thread