HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Joel and Noel

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2014, 10:13 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Not that these guys are really experts on the NBA or basketball in general...but Angelo Cataldi and Jonesy were ripping Wiggins this morning on WIP saying the guy is going to be awful and a bust. They seem to want Parker or Embid but want no part of Wiggins. Again, I know these guys are far from even being far from basketball guys, but it is out there.
Because it's controversial. Cataldi is the dumbest guy on Philly sports radio.

06-24-2014, 10:16 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

It's honestly just to generate hits.

Old
06-24-2014, 10:21 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
It's honestly just to generate hits.
Exactly, guys like that are the BuzzFeed of radio. Just clickbait.

Old
06-24-2014, 10:22 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
Exactly, guys like that are the BuzzFeed of radio. Just clickbait.
I was going to say it's clickbait but it's the radio. So is it listenbait?

Old
06-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Jtown

I would say the casual basketball fan wants wiggins. They have heard the incredible hype surrounding him last year and thought he did nothing to change that.

The more knowledgable basketball fan has alot of concerns and doubts about wiggins, much more so than the other 2.

Old
06-24-2014, 10:43 AM
ayshplaysh

I go Embiid with that 3rd pick, high risk, high reward situation and with also having the 10th pick I think the Sixers can afford to take that risk.

Old
06-24-2014, 11:05 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I would say the casual basketball fan wants wiggins. They have heard the incredible hype surrounding him last year and thought he did nothing to change that.

The more knowledgable basketball fan has alot of concerns and doubts about wiggins, much more so than the other 2.
Not really. All three have question marks. Embiid's are more about staying on the court.

Old
06-24-2014, 11:06 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post

Everyone knew he was raw coming in last year, but the potential is there. And he plays very good defense which is a positive.

And assuming you are speaking of Parker and Embiid as "the other 2", there is no way Embiid doesn't have more concerns and doubts.

Old
06-24-2014, 11:25 AM
TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayshplaysh View Post
I go Embiid with that 3rd pick, high risk, high reward situation and with also having the 10th pick I think the Sixers can afford to take that risk.
If Wiggins and Parker are off the board, i'm starting to think that moving back is the best option. try to trade the pick for either a pick next year or move back a couple slots and see what you can get. I've been trying to picture Exum and MCW together and I just think they are to similar in playing styles and would not be the ideal pairing.

Old
06-24-2014, 11:45 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfOfBroadStreet View Post
If Wiggins and Parker are off the board, i'm starting to think that moving back is the best option. try to trade the pick for either a pick next year or move back a couple slots and see what you can get. I've been trying to picture Exum and MCW together and I just think they are to similar in playing styles and would not be the ideal pairing.
I don't think I'd pass on Embiid if he was there at 3. Question marks or not, if he can stay healthy he'd be a beast. Put him at 5 with Noel at 4? Draft a shooter with 10? Sounds good to me.

Old
06-24-2014, 11:52 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
I don't think I'd pass on Embiid if he was there at 3. Question marks or not, if he can stay healthy he'd be a beast. Put him at 5 with Noel at 4? Draft a shooter with 10? Sounds good to me.
Perhaps Brett Brown is looking for a little flashback to Tim Duncan (Nerlins Noel) and David Robinson (Joel Embid)? I am not a BBall guy so I really make this statement with no backing whatsoever, but i'd take Embid if Wiggy and Parker are gone, then try to either draft Smart at 10 or trade up to get him. I no nothing about BBall trades, but would it be possible to get into the 5-6 range AND keep the #10 pick? Thad + one million second rounders for #5? Thad + one million second rounders and lottery protected 2015? All your draft pick are belong to us.

Old
06-24-2014, 12:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Perhaps Brett Brown is looking for a little flashback to Tim Duncan (Nerlins Noel) and David Robinson (Joel Embid)? I am not a BBall guy so I really make this statement with no backing whatsoever, but i'd take Embid if Wiggy and Parker are gone, then try to either draft Smart at 10 or trade up to get him. I no nothing about BBall trades, but would it be possible to get into the 5-6 range AND keep the #10 pick? Thad + one million second rounders for #5? Thad + one million second rounders and lottery protected 2015? All your draft pick are belong to us.
Rumors out there right now is that the Kings have 3 offers on the table for the #8 pick. They were supposidly looking for muliple picks and a veteran player. Maybe I am too used to hockey trades but I can not see Young and a few 2nds make sense. But a few people do think thats one of the offers.

Old
06-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Jtown

young really has no value. He doesn't have a position, and he doesn't have a skill set to fit either the 3 or the 4. For instance on the heat he would be the 5th option if ray allen was on the court and this is for a team that lost the finals. No one is gonna trade for a 9 million 5th option

Old
06-24-2014, 01:18 PM
McNasty

You either draft Embiid at 3, or you take Exum and try to trade MCW.

Old
06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Unless Embiid's med reports are truly horrible and GMs are advised to stay away in the top 4-5, he's my pick. Best talent in the draft, no further explanation needed.

Then I would find a way to get Marcus Smart. He grades out great analytically, he's a great defender, tough MF, great leader/intangibles, great at getting to the FT line, and he's a flopper. That sounds like the attributes of a lot of great players. He's my trade up target from 10. He has piss poor shot selection right now, he needs to improve that.

Old
06-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
I was going to say it's clickbait but it's the radio. So is it listenbait?
"Sports radio talk show hosts HATE him."

Old
06-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Just got done listening to Bill Simmond's podcast with Chad Ford, and apparently MCW has been quietly shopped around by Hinkie according to Ford.

I'm not gonna be surprised if he's traded on draft day anymore. I thought MCW was gonna be a part of our core, maybe not I guess?

Old
06-24-2014, 03:21 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
"Sports radio talk show hosts HATE him."
"This sports talk host had THIS to say about Joel Embiid. You won't believe what happens next!"

Old
06-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
"This sports talk host had THIS to say about Joel Embiid. You won't believe what happens next!"
Haha.

And one family member posts this to facebook and 163 relatives like the post.

This world...

Old
06-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Tankadelphia
Formerly neb45

Mike and mike on ESPN were talking about how horrible Dante exum is because he can't shoot

Old
06-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Lebron and Melo to Philly (HC4)

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
06-24-2014, 10:19 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Unless Embiid's med reports are truly horrible and GMs are advised to stay away in the top 4-5, he's my pick. Best talent in the draft, no further explanation needed.

Then I would find a way to get Marcus Smart. He grades out great analytically, he's a great defender, tough MF, great leader/intangibles, great at getting to the FT line, and he's a flopper. That sounds like the attributes of a lot of great players. He's my trade up target from 10. He has piss poor shot selection right now, he needs to improve that.
Love Smart. Was probably a little overrated in the beginning of the year, but you may be able to get him at a bargain now. The guy is a bulldog. Built like a tank. I think he is going to be a great pro. The NBA spacing is only going to help him. Already a really good defender. Obviously needs to work on his shot, but so do a lot of guys. As long as you aren't counting on him to be your go-to guy, I think he will be a solid pick.

I'm not necessarily an advocate of trading MCW, but just a year ago, if you were given the option between he and Smart, you would take Smart everyday of the week and it wouldn't even be close. It would be a little surprising if he were traded, but I could get on board if they got Smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neb45 View Post
Mike and mike on ESPN were talking about how horrible Dante exum is because he can't shoot
I love talking heads that act like they know what they are talking about. Mikey Miss is another one. He says the Sixers shouldn't take him because he can't shoot and then when people try to take the other side he says "Oh yeah? How much have you seen him play?" Makes me chuckle.

Old
06-25-2014, 07:51 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

New secondary logo:

Old
06-25-2014, 08:10 AM
FLYguy3911

Scott O'Neil said it wasn't the official secondary logo, but they will use it.

Old
06-25-2014, 08:23 AM
Hiesenberg

This is shaping up to be, the majority of the people are going to hate what the outcome is.

If they trade 3 & 10 for #1 for Wiggins, they paid too much

If they draft Embiid @ 3, its damaged goods.

If they trade MCW for #7 pick, they are stupid because MCW will be Michael Jordon one day.

Hinkie is basically in a no win situation.

Closed Thread