HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wanna hear some nice Datsyuk News?

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2005, 01:47 AM
norrisnick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanCommunications
Worth and price are two different things.
Price is determined by supply and demand. Worth is a whole new game,

Datsyuk's Price will go up because of the Russia offer. That is a fact. A fact.

I guarantee you that he'd be signed right now for considerably less than what's being talked about if Moscow wasn't offering him a legit contract.
Considering they were miles apart prior to the lockout and his MVP year in Moscow (that timespan when Kenny handed Nick $10M and Draper nearly $3M) I wouldn't be so cavalier with my guarantees.

The price or demands can increase all they want, but I highly doubt Kenny's willingness to hand Pavel money will increase too much. Yes, he played well during the lockout but so did a handful of guys that have been tossed out of the NHL because they couldn't hack it.

Old
09-01-2005, 03:52 AM
tsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Whats so funny about that? It is illegal.
It may be illegal, but still happens all the time, even in Amercia (or should I say specially )

Old
09-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami
It may be illegal, but still happens all the time, even in Amercia (or should I say specially )

I do not doubt that it happens all the time. That's why America is the land of lawsuits. There is probably more lawyers per capita in the USA than in any other country.

Old
09-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Lord

Send a message via ICQ to Lord
Datsyuk alongside with Jagr was the best player in the RSL in second half of the season and playoffs. At the start of the season he was often invisible due to knee injury if I am not mistaken. But since January Pavel was playing awesome.
I think he deserves 3.5 mln for 2 years until he is UFA. But now it seems that his agent wants everything at once.

Old
09-01-2005, 09:16 AM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord
Datsyuk alongside with Jagr was the best player in the RSL in second half of the season and playoffs. At the start of the season he was often invisible due to knee injury if I am not mistaken. But since January Pavel was playing awesome.
I think he deserves 3.5 mln for 2 years until he is UFA. But now it seems that his agent wants everything at once.
Everything I've read seems to imply that the Wings either want a 1 year deal or a 5 year deal. They don't want to let him become a UFA. I don't blame them either.

Old
09-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Habsaku

He's never gotten 70 points and although he did improve, he still wasnt a consistent scorer. Where was he in the playoffs? How does that warrant anything near 5 million a year? He should be looking more at Mike Ribeiro. I dont see how he could be making more then 3 million.

Old
09-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Haute Couture

Here's a more accurate translation of that part of the interview:
http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?108729

SE: According to our sources, Detroit is ready to offer you around 3-4 million a year
Datsyuk: Well, I don't know.. The Detroit officials have their opinion on how much I should be earning - and I have my own. There are those who saw me play when I was having my best game ever - and there were those who saw my worst of forms. It is hard for me to judge my own value. The best comparison for me would then be the contracts that are offered to the players of my position and age. In my opinion, I have the right to earn not less than Thornton or Heatley.

Yeah, and a little earlier he said that he isn't satisfied by both the amount of money he was offered and the length of his contract.

Old
09-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin
Here's a more accurate translation of that part of the interview:
http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?108729

SE: According to our sources, Detroit is ready to offer you around 3-4 million a year
Datsyuk: Well, I don't know.. The Detroit officials have their opinion on how much I should be earning - and I have my own. There are those who saw me play when I was having my best game ever - and there were those who saw my worst of forms. It is hard for me to judge my own value. The best comparison for me would then be the contracts that are offered to the players of my position and age. In my opinion, I have the right to earn not less than Thornton or Heatley.

Yeah, and a little earlier he said that he isn't satisfied by both the amount of money he was offered and the length of his contract.
If I we're Detroit I'd look around the trade market. He should not got that number unless he proves he's one of the top players on a one year deal.

Old
09-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Kenadyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
$3.5 million for a Datsun?

It better have been the first one off the line.

My brother's Taurus wants Iginla money.

Old
09-01-2005, 11:17 AM
wilka91*

let him play in Russia this season so he can develop some chemistry with Sushinsky before the Olympics

Old
09-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Maken*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin
There are those who saw me play when I was having my best game ever - and there were those who saw my worst of forms.
Which form scored ZERO goals in 12 playoff games last season?

Old
09-01-2005, 11:46 AM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maken
Which form scored ZERO goals in 12 playoff games last season?
Of course the bad one.

I know he had a good season in the RSL, but I think it went to his head.

Old
09-01-2005, 11:49 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
Of course the bad one.

I know he had a good season in the RSL, but I think it went to his head.
it didnt goto his head

it went to the team in russia's head who is willing to pay him. As TinCan has stated, he has a legit offer from russia. And there for has leverage.

though his leverage runs out on the 5th. When its then on him to decide of it was indeed a bluff, or an actual option. thats the deadline for the russian team to sign players.

Old
09-01-2005, 12:06 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
it didnt goto his head

it went to the team in russia's head who is willing to pay him. As TinCan has stated, he has a legit offer from russia. And there for has leverage.

though his leverage runs out on the 5th. When its then on him to decide of it was indeed a bluff, or an actual option. thats the deadline for the russian team to sign players.
The one thing I haven't seen is what Dynamo is offering. Depending on what they are offering, it may not be that great. Has anyone seen exact numbers from Dynamo?

Old
09-01-2005, 02:15 PM
shadoz19

Got this from RWC. Thanks Lindy.

Not sure how credible Kommersant is, but it appears the Dynamo and the Wings are in somewhat of a bidding war. Apparently the president of the Dynamo claims the Wings have offered $5m. Not sure if that is one year at the end of a multi-year deal or if that is $5m per year average. If its $5m per year average, then let him stay in Russia.

http://www.kommersant.com/page.asp?id=605241

Quote:
Yesterday, Datsyuk’s agent came to Moscow to meet with Dynamo directors. Today, Datsyuk is supposed the give the team a final answer – will he play for the club in coming season or not. The Detroit media reported that center-forward declined another proposal from Detroit Red Wings. However, the president of Dymano Anatoly Kharchuk is pessimistic. He thinks Datsyuk will go to Detroit sooner or later because Red Wings offered him $5 million yearly contract and Dynamo cannot outbid that.

Old
09-01-2005, 06:00 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
Got this from RWC. Thanks Lindy.

Not sure how credible Kommersant is, but it appears the Dynamo and the Wings are in somewhat of a bidding war. Apparently the president of the Dynamo claims the Wings have offered $5m. Not sure if that is one year at the end of a multi-year deal or if that is $5m per year average. If its $5m per year average, then let him stay in Russia.

http://www.kommersant.com/page.asp?id=605241
If Datsyuk is really seeking this kind of money, he's going to stay in Russia.

No team in the league would be interested in Datsyuk at this salary.

But my guess is that this report is less than definitive on the issue.

Old
09-01-2005, 07:29 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanCommunications
If Datsyuk is really seeking this kind of money, he's going to stay in Russia.

No team in the league would be interested in Datsyuk at this salary.

But my guess is that this report is less than definitive on the issue.

The one thing I keep thinking about is that while Dynamo might be able to pay him more now, they won't be able to raise it that much in the future if at all. Detroit can. Especially after this year. Datsyuk's agent made comments in another article about arbitration next year too...

Old
09-01-2005, 08:24 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
it didnt goto his head

And that's the key.
Is Datsyuk simply bluffing. If so, then he and his agent are probably sweating right now.

But if not, and he views playing with Moscow as a reasonable option, Ken Holland and the Wings are screwed.

It sounds like Ken Holland is finished with his golf outings and that he's getting serious about getting a deal done.
Let's hope so.
And let's hope it's at a reasonable price.

Closed Thread