HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wanna hear some nice Datsyuk News?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-01-2005, 01:47 AM
  #76
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanCommunications
Worth and price are two different things.
Price is determined by supply and demand. Worth is a whole new game,

Datsyuk's Price will go up because of the Russia offer. That is a fact. A fact.

I guarantee you that he'd be signed right now for considerably less than what's being talked about if Moscow wasn't offering him a legit contract.
Considering they were miles apart prior to the lockout and his MVP year in Moscow (that timespan when Kenny handed Nick $10M and Draper nearly $3M) I wouldn't be so cavalier with my guarantees.

The price or demands can increase all they want, but I highly doubt Kenny's willingness to hand Pavel money will increase too much. Yes, he played well during the lockout but so did a handful of guys that have been tossed out of the NHL because they couldn't hack it.

norrisnick is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 03:52 AM
  #77
tsunami
Registered User
 
tsunami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bienne - Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Whats so funny about that? It is illegal.
It may be illegal, but still happens all the time, even in Amercia (or should I say specially )

tsunami is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 03:55 AM
  #78
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami
It may be illegal, but still happens all the time, even in Amercia (or should I say specially )

I do not doubt that it happens all the time. That's why America is the land of lawsuits. There is probably more lawyers per capita in the USA than in any other country.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 09:03 AM
  #79
Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moscow, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Lord
Datsyuk alongside with Jagr was the best player in the RSL in second half of the season and playoffs. At the start of the season he was often invisible due to knee injury if I am not mistaken. But since January Pavel was playing awesome.
I think he deserves 3.5 mln for 2 years until he is UFA. But now it seems that his agent wants everything at once.

Lord is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 09:16 AM
  #80
shadoz19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord
Datsyuk alongside with Jagr was the best player in the RSL in second half of the season and playoffs. At the start of the season he was often invisible due to knee injury if I am not mistaken. But since January Pavel was playing awesome.
I think he deserves 3.5 mln for 2 years until he is UFA. But now it seems that his agent wants everything at once.
Everything I've read seems to imply that the Wings either want a 1 year deal or a 5 year deal. They don't want to let him become a UFA. I don't blame them either.

shadoz19 is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 09:34 AM
  #81
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
He's never gotten 70 points and although he did improve, he still wasnt a consistent scorer. Where was he in the playoffs? How does that warrant anything near 5 million a year? He should be looking more at Mike Ribeiro. I dont see how he could be making more then 3 million.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 09:57 AM
  #82
Haute Couture
Registered User
 
Haute Couture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bay of Pigs
Posts: 2,023
vCash: 500
Here's a more accurate translation of that part of the interview:
http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?108729

SE: According to our sources, Detroit is ready to offer you around 3-4 million a year
Datsyuk: Well, I don't know.. The Detroit officials have their opinion on how much I should be earning - and I have my own. There are those who saw me play when I was having my best game ever - and there were those who saw my worst of forms. It is hard for me to judge my own value. The best comparison for me would then be the contracts that are offered to the players of my position and age. In my opinion, I have the right to earn not less than Thornton or Heatley.


Yeah, and a little earlier he said that he isn't satisfied by both the amount of money he was offered and the length of his contract.

Haute Couture is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 11:03 AM
  #83
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin
Here's a more accurate translation of that part of the interview:
http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?108729

SE: According to our sources, Detroit is ready to offer you around 3-4 million a year
Datsyuk: Well, I don't know.. The Detroit officials have their opinion on how much I should be earning - and I have my own. There are those who saw me play when I was having my best game ever - and there were those who saw my worst of forms. It is hard for me to judge my own value. The best comparison for me would then be the contracts that are offered to the players of my position and age. In my opinion, I have the right to earn not less than Thornton or Heatley.


Yeah, and a little earlier he said that he isn't satisfied by both the amount of money he was offered and the length of his contract.
If I we're Detroit I'd look around the trade market. He should not got that number unless he proves he's one of the top players on a one year deal.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 11:08 AM
  #84
Kenadyan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheboro, NC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
$3.5 million for a Datsun?

It better have been the first one off the line.

My brother's Taurus wants Iginla money.

Kenadyan is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 11:17 AM
  #85
wilka91*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 500
let him play in Russia this season so he can develop some chemistry with Sushinsky before the Olympics

wilka91* is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 11:25 AM
  #86
Maken*
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hiding Behind Talent
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin
There are those who saw me play when I was having my best game ever - and there were those who saw my worst of forms.
Which form scored ZERO goals in 12 playoff games last season?

Maken* is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 11:46 AM
  #87
shadoz19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maken
Which form scored ZERO goals in 12 playoff games last season?
Of course the bad one.

I know he had a good season in the RSL, but I think it went to his head.

shadoz19 is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 11:49 AM
  #88
X8oD
Registered User
 
X8oD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
Of course the bad one.

I know he had a good season in the RSL, but I think it went to his head.
it didnt goto his head

it went to the team in russia's head who is willing to pay him. As TinCan has stated, he has a legit offer from russia. And there for has leverage.

though his leverage runs out on the 5th. When its then on him to decide of it was indeed a bluff, or an actual option. thats the deadline for the russian team to sign players.

X8oD is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 12:06 PM
  #89
shadoz19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
it didnt goto his head

it went to the team in russia's head who is willing to pay him. As TinCan has stated, he has a legit offer from russia. And there for has leverage.

though his leverage runs out on the 5th. When its then on him to decide of it was indeed a bluff, or an actual option. thats the deadline for the russian team to sign players.
The one thing I haven't seen is what Dynamo is offering. Depending on what they are offering, it may not be that great. Has anyone seen exact numbers from Dynamo?

shadoz19 is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 02:15 PM
  #90
shadoz19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Got this from RWC. Thanks Lindy.

Not sure how credible Kommersant is, but it appears the Dynamo and the Wings are in somewhat of a bidding war. Apparently the president of the Dynamo claims the Wings have offered $5m. Not sure if that is one year at the end of a multi-year deal or if that is $5m per year average. If its $5m per year average, then let him stay in Russia.

http://www.kommersant.com/page.asp?id=605241

Quote:
Yesterday, Datsyuk’s agent came to Moscow to meet with Dynamo directors. Today, Datsyuk is supposed the give the team a final answer – will he play for the club in coming season or not. The Detroit media reported that center-forward declined another proposal from Detroit Red Wings. However, the president of Dymano Anatoly Kharchuk is pessimistic. He thinks Datsyuk will go to Detroit sooner or later because Red Wings offered him $5 million yearly contract and Dynamo cannot outbid that.

shadoz19 is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 06:00 PM
  #91
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
Got this from RWC. Thanks Lindy.

Not sure how credible Kommersant is, but it appears the Dynamo and the Wings are in somewhat of a bidding war. Apparently the president of the Dynamo claims the Wings have offered $5m. Not sure if that is one year at the end of a multi-year deal or if that is $5m per year average. If its $5m per year average, then let him stay in Russia.

http://www.kommersant.com/page.asp?id=605241
If Datsyuk is really seeking this kind of money, he's going to stay in Russia.

No team in the league would be interested in Datsyuk at this salary.

But my guess is that this report is less than definitive on the issue.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 07:29 PM
  #92
shadoz19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanCommunications
If Datsyuk is really seeking this kind of money, he's going to stay in Russia.

No team in the league would be interested in Datsyuk at this salary.

But my guess is that this report is less than definitive on the issue.

The one thing I keep thinking about is that while Dynamo might be able to pay him more now, they won't be able to raise it that much in the future if at all. Detroit can. Especially after this year. Datsyuk's agent made comments in another article about arbitration next year too...

shadoz19 is offline  
Old
09-01-2005, 08:24 PM
  #93
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
it didnt goto his head

it went to the team in russia's head who is willing to pay him. As TinCan has stated, he has a legit offer from russia. And there for has leverage.

though his leverage runs out on the 5th. When its then on him to decide of it was indeed a bluff, or an actual option. thats the deadline for the russian team to sign players.

And that's the key.
Is Datsyuk simply bluffing. If so, then he and his agent are probably sweating right now.

But if not, and he views playing with Moscow as a reasonable option, Ken Holland and the Wings are screwed.

It sounds like Ken Holland is finished with his golf outings and that he's getting serious about getting a deal done.
Let's hope so.
And let's hope it's at a reasonable price.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.