HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

pleks haters be like...wut? The Montreal ComicSans win!

Old
05-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I hate doing this because I like Eller a lot. But I dont get the continued ragging on Pleks.

Tonight's game (the others dont matter because they are in the past)

Pleks was 47% on the FO, 3 shots and 1 assist.

Eller was 13% on the FO, 0 shots and 0 assists.

But Pleks was being bashed during the Empty Net play.

Would you rather have had Eller with his 13% from tonight instead?

Briere was at 50% but not great on D. DD was smoking tonight at 69% but again, do you want him playing Center on a defensive faceoff with less than a minute to go in the game?
Eller has been a beast but I thought he didn't have a particularly good game, say what you want about Gionta but Weise was a significant step down there and it impacted Eller's play.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:18 PM
NinetyThree24

In regards to Tokarski, Elliot Friedman knows more about hockey than PJ Stock? That's embarrassing for PJ, but not surprising.

NinetyThree24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Runner77

vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS win CUPS View Post
anyone wanna ***** about regular season Briere still?
Just reported that Playoff Briere gave a speech in the dressing room, during the overtime intermission -- told his teammates to end the game early as the Rangers were riding a high.

I don't how this stuff works -- why wouldn't they have wanted to end it early, speech or no speech? Who knows if it had an impact, but the savvy vet stood up at a critical time. And has not complained once about his limited ice time. What's not to like?

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchenyuk27
Fire Bergevin

Anyone else going to be there Sunday? I will be in Section 201, Row 3 with my loser Rangers fan dad. Can't wait though. Unbelievably huge game. Tonight had its ups and downs but we got the win and as long as we can have doubt start to creep in the Rangers' heads, we can do this. Let's go baby, Go Habs go....

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Respeck
Drouin

This is huge for momentum, not playing good at all and still coming up with a huge win. Glad they didn't sulk after the Rangers tied it and came out hard in overtime. If they can bring the effort like they did in game 2 they definitely can bring the series back to Montreal tied at 2.

Respeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Habs

Jesus, I can't believe how badly we played and pulled off a win. Weaver and the blueline were pathetic at clearing the puck, I have no idea what team I watched tonight.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Et le But

Briere is a fascinating player. He's not actually playing particularly good fancystats wise, despite playing the lowest QoC of any forward on the team, but his magical clutch ability comes from being an opportunist of absurd proportions. He's one foot into being finished, but you can't teach the absurd hockey IQ he has, and it's keeping him - and this team - alive.

Old
05-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Habssince89
Drouin alright

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
BTW 6-0 when my friend is coming over to watch the game.
He's moving in now, you realize that?

Habssince89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:22 PM
overlords
#FakeBlous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Eller has been a beast but I thought he didn't have a particularly good game, say what you want about Gionta but Weise was a significant step down there and it impacted Eller's play.
Might have been eller's worst game of the playoffs, but still not awful. Weise being moved up to his line is a joke. The coaching staff is just throwing **** at the wall.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

i'm actually calmly loving this. NO ONE expects habs to win this, they dusted themselves off the mat and won ugly tonight. Tokarski gaining in confidence and playing with house money.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeySeven
Expect the expected

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk27 View Post
Anyone else going to be there Sunday? I will be in Section 201, Row 3 with my loser Rangers fan dad. Can't wait though. Unbelievably huge game. Tonight had its ups and downs but we got the win and as long as we can have doubt start to creep in the Rangers' heads, we can do this. Let's go baby, Go Habs go....
If your dad is paying those prices, I wouldn't call him a loser.

Enjoy the game, hope we blow the Rags out and Lundqvist decides to retire immediately after.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:24 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Briere is a fascinating player. He's not actually playing particularly good fancystats wise, despite playing the lowest QoC of any forward on the team, but his magical clutch ability comes from being an opportunist of absurd proportions. He's one foot into being finished, but you can't teach the absurd hockey IQ he has, and it's keeping him - and this team - alive.
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Briere spoke up in the room during the intermission b4 OT. His message was end it early b/c the NYR are riding high. Habs got the message.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Might have been eller's worst game of the playoffs, but still not awful. Weise being moved up to his line is a joke. The coaching staff is just throwing **** at the wall.
I love blasting Therrien, but the last two losses weren't really his fault. However MT's usage and tactics were an absolute joke today, and we win. Go figure, Therrien's panic moves worked against all logic.

This team, man.

Old
05-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Runner77

vCash: 2900
Briere not the speediest player, probably the most exposed he's been against a speedy team like the Rangers but those soft hands are still lethal. Put him around the net and somehow, he finds a way. What a weapon to have on a bottom 6.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:25 PM
WhiskeySeven
Expect the expected

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Briere spoke up in the room during the intermission b4 OT. His message was end it early b/c the NYR are riding high. Habs got the message.
As much as I like his clutchness right now, if I was in that lockerroom all I'd see would be a gigantic patronizing, talking rat and I'd scream and run at it with my hockey stick.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Yes, he's overpaid, but dat random leadership and hockey-IQ, priceless.

Old
Galchenyuk27
Fire Bergevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
If your dad is paying those prices, I wouldn't call him a loser.

Enjoy the game, hope we blow the Rags out and Lundqvist decides to retire immediately after.
Hah, he's not a loser, I'm just beginning the **** talking now to the Rangers fan side of him.

And no, he's not paying anything. He's in a business where he can basically be bribed. He secured a deal with some guy's company last month so that guy is buying us the tickets. Still cost over a grand I believe, though.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FazChenyuk

Briere-PLekanec-Vanek

MAKE IT HAPPEN

WHY? Briere chemistry with Vanek. Plekanec good two way play and can dish and Briere can back on d as well at times.

Awesome live giving us a lot of leverage

The Pac-DD-Vanek line is actually a disaster defensively.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Adam91

Bourque out Bournival in, thanks MT.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Cyclones Rock

The coaching staff really deserves credit for their gutsy decision to stick with Tokarski after his very shaky first game. I'd never seen him play before Monday and I didn't think he looked NHL ready. Quite happy to be wrong.

Favorite moment of the game was when Gallagher was mouthing "you're a ****ing joke" at the ref after the absurd roughing call. I was saying the exact same thing at the tv at the bar where I was watching the game

I thought Plekanec was going to just lose the puck on the GWG play. I said "are you going to do anything with the puck, you ****ing idiot!".

He did

The Rangers just aren't that good of a team. Their PP which was about 6 of 60 before this series will come back to earth.

Still a bit behind the 8 ball, but not completely blocked. Hopefully, the BS mystique about King of Round 2 Lundqvist has been put to bed. He was coughing up more rebounds on high shots than a bad ECHL goalie tonight. He's had his run. The Habs are due for an offensive explosion soon. Hopefully that'll be in game 4.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Jesus, I can't believe how badly we played and pulled off a win. Weaver and the blueline were pathetic at clearing the puck, I have no idea what team I watched tonight.
You were watching the NYR's own the neutral zone.
Which in turn allowed them to keep our D's faces planted to the glass ALL night.
Rangers doing an excellent job turning the play back on the Habs. We are trying to force the play in a certain direction the Rangers game plan is to move it back up the weak side a battle they are winning easily.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:28 PM
1UP

Is it just me, or did we Leafs the hell out of that win?

I'll take it, though.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Hugo Sham

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 8m

Subban: "I think the fun thing about our team is that every night it seems like it's a new hero."

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Only saw the 3rd period and got to see the sick save on MSL. Listened on XM for OT. Happy for Tokarski, Galchenyuk and us. Back in the series!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

(P.S.: **** Sting)
Don't go hating on Sting. His solo stuff may not be great but The Police kicked ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Agreeing with Mario Tremblay on this one... Prust played a helluva game tonight. Definitely needs to stay in the lineup.
NYR broadcasters were saying that they expect him to be suspended...
Quote:
If he steals this series for us... it'll be the stuff of legend and lore.

Hell, if he wins the cup for us, a la Cam Ward. I'll trade Price for David Clarkson.

All I want is a freaking Cup. Just one.

Just one.
It's never enough man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Kadri View Post
Seems like some fans can't appreciate garbage goals, even though a garbage goal spurred the Kings yesterday as well. Traffic goals are just as normal in the playoffs as pretty goals, if not moreso.
Love garbage goals. We need more of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Coaching will lose us this series unless they wise up and stop being ****ing idiots. Our transition is an absolute joke. Watch the rangers move the puck up the ice. Then watch the habs D. The rangers don't have better puck movers than us. The problem is the tactics employed.

We got smoked tonight and dustin tokarski saved us and everyone knows it.
Back to the dump and chase?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
As much as I like his clutchness right now, if I was in that lockerroom all I'd see would be a gigantic patronizing, talking rat and I'd scream and run at it with my hockey stick.
You sure know how to ruin a moment

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote