HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

pleks haters be like...wut? The Montreal ComicSans win!

Old
05-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
You were watching the NYR's own the neutral zone.
Which in turn allowed them to keep our D's faces planted to the glass ALL night.
Rangers doing an excellent job turning the play back on the Habs. We are trying to force the play in a certain direction the Rangers game plan is to move it back up the weak side a battle they are winning easily.
I have faith it's partly a confidence thing and Habs will adjust going forward

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PricePkPatch

Where are the Tork-haters? where are the whiners who so much wanted to see Budaj in the nets, and called Tork an AHL-goalie?

Last edited by Et le But: 05-22-2014 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Don't call out other posters please.
PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PricePkPatch

Okay. By the way, Habs Rookies...

DON'T START SAYING THAT YOU SOLVED LUNQVIST. BAD BAD IDEA

Old
05-22-2014, 11:31 PM
SB164

Post-game celebration:

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...620297&lang=en

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:31 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Back to the dump and chase?
They're playing a quasi dump and chase. The Rags d-men are plowing down our dump passes (unlike the lumbering Bruins d-men) so it's much more of a grind and battle of attrition. Which leads to more half-board jostling and board play where our wingers just suck at it - worst being Gionta of course.

So it's the worst of both worlds, really.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:32 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Coaching will lose us this series unless they wise up and stop being ****ing idiots. Our transition is an absolute joke. Watch the rangers move the puck up the ice. Then watch the habs D. The rangers don't have better puck movers than us. The problem is the tactics employed.

We got smoked tonight and dustin tokarski saved us and everyone knows it.
Our transition has been fine, even pretty good in the last game. Yeah, it sucked this game, but I hardly think it's the coaches and tactics (what, they suddenly changed the game plan?); better explanation is that the players just weren't executing today.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:34 PM
overlords
Be quiet and drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
Our transition has been fine, even pretty good in the last game. Yeah, it sucked this game, but I hardly think it's the coaches and tactics (what, they suddenly changed the game plan?); better explanation is that the players just weren't executing today.
Yes. The better explanation is that every player just suddenly decided not to show up to work today, in one of the biggest games of their lives.

That's the explanation that makes sense.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk27 View Post
Hah, he's not a loser, I'm just beginning the **** talking now to the Rangers fan side of him.

And no, he's not paying anything. He's in a business where he can basically be bribed. He secured a deal with some guy's company last month so that guy is buying us the tickets. Still cost over a grand I believe, though.

'Tell me more', she says

Bloumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Briere is a fascinating player. He's not actually playing particularly good fancystats wise, despite playing the lowest QoC of any forward on the team, but his magical clutch ability comes from being an opportunist of absurd proportions. He's one foot into being finished, but you can't teach the absurd hockey IQ he has, and it's keeping him - and this team - alive.
Briere's goals are always bouncing off three or four players before they go in the net...

At least it goes in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Might have been eller's worst game of the playoffs, but still not awful. Weise being moved up to his line is a joke. The coaching staff is just throwing **** at the wall.
I don't get why he doesn't get more opps. And why not put Vanek there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
They're playing a quasi dump and chase. The Rags d-men are plowing down our dump passes (unlike the lumbering Bruins d-men) so it's much more of a grind and battle of attrition. Which leads to more half-board jostling and board play where our wingers just suck at it - worst being Gionta of course.

So it's the worst of both worlds, really.
So ugly game then?

BTW, I think MT deserves ripping on most of the time, but he obviously deserves props for going with Tokarski. So good on him for that.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Hahaha yeaaaaahhhhh!!

The habiss win!!!! The habiss win!

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
The coaching staff really deserves credit for their gutsy decision to stick with Tokarski after his very shaky first game. I'd never seen him play before Monday and I didn't think he looked NHL ready. Quite happy to be wrong.

Favorite moment of the game was when Gallagher was mouthing "you're a ****ing joke" at the ref after the absurd roughing call. I was saying the exact same thing at the tv at the bar where I was watching the game

I thought Plekanec was going to just lose the puck on the GWG play. I said "are you going to do anything with the puck, you ****ing idiot!".

He did

The Rangers just aren't that good of a team. Their PP which was about 6 of 60 before this series will come back to earth.

Still a bit behind the 8 ball, but not completely blocked. Hopefully, the BS mystique about King of Round 2 Lundqvist has been put to bed. He was coughing up more rebounds on high shots than a bad ECHL goalie tonight. He's had his run. The Habs are due for an offensive explosion soon. Hopefully that'll be in game 4.
And we had such a good PK, what the hell is going on?

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:35 PM
DLR1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
He could have turned this series around with that hit. Finally bringing some emotion to the games

Exactly. I loved that hit. There comes a time when you have to put a little doubt, or fear into the speedy guys. I thought it was a great hit. Play on

DLR1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:36 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Bourque out Bournival in, thanks MT.
I can get behind this.

Bourque just floats too damn much. He could be an NHL points producing stud if he cared enough to put out some effort.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:36 PM
overlords
Be quiet and drive

Quote:
I love blasting Therrien, but the last two losses weren't really his fault. However MT's usage and tactics were an absolute joke today, and we win. Go figure, Therrien's panic moves worked against all logic.

This team, man.
Well, that's the problem. The rangers are totally beatable. Habs played great last game and lost. They played like **** today and won. Hockey has lots of flukey **** happen and this series has been a great example of that.

If what therrien takes away from this game is that banking the puck off the glass ad nauseum is their kryptonite, though, we're in for a really quick series.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
So ugly game then?
Understatement

Old
05-22-2014, 11:37 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Eller has been a beast but I thought he didn't have a particularly good game, say what you want about Gionta but Weise was a significant step down there and it impacted Eller's play.
I agree with you regarding Therrien's line combos tonight. Love Weise but no way should he be on Eller's line. No way.

I still think that the Habs coaching staff was looking at FO% and made their decision on that.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:38 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
I was wrong about Tokarski. Reacted too early out of frustration in the game 2 thread. However, I have nothing but respect for him now. Saved us big time tonight. Twas a tall order for him, his first game -- looked like a deer in the headlights, but not tonight.
What? Overreaction after only ONE GAME? On this board? Impossible.

Man, next think you will tell me you thought there was no point in playing the series after Price got injured.

Old
05-22-2014, 11:38 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
So ugly game then?
You could say that...

Old
05-22-2014, 11:39 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Where are the Tork-haters? where are the whiners who so much wanted to see Budaj in the nets, and called Tork an AHL-goalie?
Will this guy get a "warning", like I just did? He went out of his way to single me out. I didn't start anything.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 11:39 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
So he has the right to call out posters and get away with it? No instigator rules here?
It's clearly a joke and he's quoting you directly. He's not naming a third-party posting and calling him names.

Grow up monsieur bad ass.

Old
05-22-2014, 11:40 PM
dandylandie

Im sure pac-dd-vanek were put together to play defense. lol.

dandylandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Usually this time in a year I am leading a normal awesome life, focusing on work, my relationships, and just having a gosh darn good time with spring. Move it or lose it habs, play to win or lets all enjoy or spring. I really just want to focus on what's important in life and that's
WINNING THE CUP BABY!

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk27 View Post
Hah, he's not a loser, I'm just beginning the **** talking now to the Rangers fan side of him.

And no, he's not paying anything. He's in a business where he can basically be bribed. He secured a deal with some guy's company last month so that guy is buying us the tickets. Still cost over a grand I believe, though.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
Usually this time in a year I am leading a normal awesome life, focusing on work, my relationships, and just having a gosh darn good time with spring. Move it or lose it habs, play to win or lets all enjoy or spring. I really just want to focus on what's important in life and that's
WINNING THE CUP BABY!
I love that post

Old
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
Don't go hating on Sting. His solo stuff may not be great but The Police kicked ass.
Big Police fan. Only saying this 'cuz he was in the crowd tonight. Hard to believe Mr. Tantric is a hockey enthusiast, much less a Rags fan