HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4 - MTL @ NYR

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
I don't agree with it but I can still see the angle MT is trying to take with bouillon.

Old
05-24-2014, 05:30 PM
SakuSauce
Drive for 25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Last time I checked there are 19 players on a team so why wouldn't we? In a tight series every player counts. Habs aren't a team with a big first line leading the charge, they are team that scores by committee and for most of the playoffs our bottom six have been better than our top six which is strange to say considering we've gotten this far.

Also there is a huge drop off in talent the further you go on the defensive depth chart and Murray and Bouillon have been directly responsible for a few losses. If you watched the games, Habs already have trouble leaving our zone so a guy like Murray would just give NY a free pass to play in our zone for the entire shift. So yeah I'd say our 6th D is important wouldn't you?
So having Bouillon instead of Beaulieu will make us lose game 4? Last time I checked, Beaulieu played 8:53 in game 3. I'm not saying Bouillon is better then Beaulieu or anything (and I'm not a Bouillon fan). But having Bouillon play a good 12-14min will help the other Ds. When Bouillon plays 18-20min, that's when he gets exposed. Don't you think?

Old
05-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Et le But

Real Madrid won the CL with comic sans on the back of their jerseys....is this a sign?

Old
05-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by et le but View Post
real madrid won the cl with comic sans on the back of their jerseys....is this a sign?
go habs go

Old
05-24-2014, 05:50 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Anyone not using Comic Sans is getting perm banned

Old
05-24-2014, 05:53 PM
teh doors
worst habs poster

During the Bruins series I saw a mattress being thrown out on the side of the road with Habs and Rangers logos on it. I took it as a sign that Montreal and New York would win their series.

I just saw something that has topped that. The Habs are winning this series.

Old
05-24-2014, 05:55 PM
HABS win CUPS*

if we take game four we win this series

Old
05-24-2014, 05:58 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanek20 View Post
So having Bouillon instead of Beaulieu will make us lose game 4? Last time I checked, Beaulieu played 8:53 in game 3. I'm not saying Bouillon is better then Beaulieu or anything (and I'm not a Bouillon fan). But having Bouillon play a good 12-14min will help the other Ds. When Bouillon plays 18-20min, that's when he gets exposed. Don't you think?
Agreed. Right now Bouillon would probably be an asset, mostly because he's better in his own zone than Beaulieu and therefor can play more minutes to lessen the load on Markov and Subban.

Beaulieu is gonna be a gem, and he's already good. I'm a huge fan, but I'm not against taking him out of the line up at this stage of the game. He'll be a main stray come October.

Old
05-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Bryson

Quote:
Meh more minutes for Bouillon just means less minutes for Subban don't you think? See two can play at this game.

Bouillon played 9 minutes his last game vs Boston and Beaulieu played 12 minutes game 2 vs Rags. He is in his Prime so he is capable of playing more. He is also the teams fastest player playing against one of the fastest teams in the league. He is better than Bouillon and his speed will be needed. Therrien shortened his bench late last game opting to go with more proven vets which would explain Beau's reduced icetime. I also heard that Beaulieu made a mistake last game. I would like to hear what happened.

Therrien is still undecided whether he wants to play a physical game or a speed game. With both Beaulieu and Bournival in he will be missing that physical presense. That's why he's undecided.

Old
05-24-2014, 06:32 PM
sventington

Not Bouillon. Ugh. 4-1 for the Rangers.

Old
05-24-2014, 07:12 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I didn't appreciate your post. I hope the other 19,803 weren't similar to it.
Why?

Old
05-24-2014, 07:14 PM
habtastic

Maybe Therrien wants to go with Boullion since MSL is un gars de chez nous and kills us. Boullion is un gars de chez eux.

BTW, Comic Sans "MS"

Montréal Canadiens

Old
05-24-2014, 07:24 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post

Maybe Therrien wants to go with Boullion since MSL is un gars de chez nous and kills us. Boullion is un gars de chez eux.

BTW, Comic Sans "MS"

Montréal Canadiens

It all adds up

Old
05-24-2014, 07:31 PM
PricePkPatch*

So, what's this thing I heard about the skirmish between Ranger org and Canadien's? Something about attending the practice?

Old
05-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Francois Gagnon ‏@GagnonFrancois 34s
Bouillon s'entraîne en compagnie de Weaver au MSG. Retour dans la formation demain à la place de Beaulieu? Je l'espère bien! #CH #Rangers

WHAT A ****ING CLOWN THIS FRANCOIS.... everywhere faceplam

So embarrassing for him.
More embarrassing for Therrien if it's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
I don't see the big deal. Beaulieu hardly plays.
So play a worse blueliner for those minutes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Experience counts.
Then go get Larry Robinson and dress him instead...
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Pulled this off the Rangers board.

Don't see how folks here can't find this at least a little bit funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Got no issue with playing Bouillon. Nathan is the future but right now Francis and his ability to play 12-15 minutes will be huge!
12-15 minutes of Cube will be huge. I'm sure the Rangers are thrilled about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Dr. Gally

Ray Ferraro ‏@rayferrarotsn 4m

New Dr Recchi? “@ArponBasu: Gallagher not surprised if Stepan played: "He got up and yelling, so I don't think jaw was hurting too much."”
Not cool. Hated it when Recchi said crap like this, we shouldn't be saying it either. Busted jaw... shut up about it. Not the least bit funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Once again, we are being held back by coaching.
The move sure as hell doesn't make any ****ing sense.

Lets just hope Cube has a good game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep View Post
And I like Bouillon as a one game gamble. He is well rested.

Bring back Beau next game when we have last change.
Beaulieu is well rested too.

And I don't get why you'd play the inferior defenseman when we don't have last change...
Quote:
Why are we the only fanbase that complains about 6th Ds and 4th liners?
Because we've got a coach playing clearly inferior players in those roles.
Quote:
I don't see how it helps us win. We can hope for a great game from Cube, but this really doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Agreed. Right now Bouillon would probably be an asset, mostly because he's better in his own zone than Beaulieu and therefor can play more minutes to lessen the load on Markov and Subban.

Beaulieu is gonna be a gem, and he's already good. I'm a huge fan, but I'm not against taking him out of the line up at this stage of the game. He'll be a main stray come October.
I certainly don't agree with this... How many pucks go off this guy on missed blocks? Sorry but I don't know how you come to that conclusion. Beaulieu may be a rookie, it is a risk to play him but he's infinitely better than Cube is.

Old
05-24-2014, 08:12 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Cherry voiced his displeasure at the presence of Rangers assistants present at our team's practice as well.

Old
05-24-2014, 08:16 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
So, what's this thing I heard about the skirmish between Ranger org and Canadien's? Something about attending the practice?
the rangers had a couple assistants or scouts at the habs practice...therrien came over..opened the gate and cursed them upside down

Old
05-24-2014, 08:18 PM
MTL-rules

At first my reaction to the possibility of having Bouillon back...meh, I don't care, it's not like Beaulieu is lightinh it up, but then I recall the Boston series... ffs, do not play that idiot who's great at screening the goalie and deflecting pucks into his net !

Old
05-24-2014, 08:20 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Kadri View Post
Cherry voiced his displeasure at the presence of Rangers assistants present at our team's practice as well.
Gonna bet cuz it was Ulf.

Old
05-24-2014, 08:22 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Last time I checked there are 19 players on a team so why wouldn't we? In a tight series every player counts. Habs aren't a team with a big first line leading the charge, they are team that scores by committee and for most of the playoffs our bottom six have been better than our top six which is strange to say considering we've gotten this far.

Also there is a huge drop off in talent the further you go on the defensive depth chart and Murray and Bouillon have been directly responsible for a few losses. If you watched the games, Habs already have trouble leaving our zone so a guy like Murray would just give NY a free pass to play in our zone for the entire shift. So yeah I'd say our 6th D is important wouldn't you?
My question to you.

In this series, neither Bouillon nor Murray have played a single game.

Did you notice that the Habs have had a lot of trouble exiting the zone and have resorted to multiple icings?

And that is happening with our 1st and 2nd DMan pairings.

Again, Murray and Bouillon nowhere to be found on the bench or the ice. That excuse was nothing more than a fanboy meme that is repeated so often that it becomes fanboy truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Thomas View Post
I don't like Bouillon coming back in.
Swept the Bolts in 4 with Bouillon in.

Old
05-24-2014, 08:28 PM
gusfring

Long standing unwritten agreement that no one attends opposing practices on non game days.

Old
05-24-2014, 08:29 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Gonna bet cuz it was Ulf.
Didn't mention Ulf. Nothing to do with it.

Old
05-24-2014, 08:33 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
My question to you.

In this series, neither Bouillon nor Murray have played a single game.

Did you notice that the Habs have had a lot of trouble exiting the zone and have resorted to multiple icings?

And that is happening with our 1st and 2nd DMan pairings.

Again, Murray and Bouillon nowhere to be found on the bench or the ice. That excuse was nothing more than a fanboy meme that is repeated so often that it becomes fanboy truth.

Swept the Bolts in 4 with Bouillon in.
Listen, I think I'm the BIGGEST NB fan on this board, but I'm OK if they put Bouillon in with Weaver for game 4. NB played what, 9 minutes last game? Bouillon can do 10-12 without worrying about it, it's when he does more that it becomes a concern. If he can play an extra 2-4 minutes that NB isn't playing, that takes a little bit off Subban. Subban is struggling BIG TIME. A few less minutes might be a big help.

Either way, I'm not concerned. I know Bouillon gets crapped on a lot, but he's experienced enough that if we can keep him to <12 minutes he can be an asset.

Comic Sans

Last edited by JohnnyB11: 05-24-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old
05-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
Why is Buillon in for Beaulieu?wtf
Habs give up and giving Boullion his retirement present.

Old
05-24-2014, 08:36 PM
habtastic

Thing about the icings is that they are completely unprovoked. Not even under pressure, just terrible decisions. Every single period except OT last game, the DD line iced the puck on the first shift. We keep trying this Cherry style puck of the glass thing that every team, including boston figured out how to counter -- i.e., by covering the points. This has led to soooo many chances against and minutes spent in our end.

When we play our game, we have players supporting a breakout rush with good, crisp passes. If we could get that going again, half our problems are solved. Bourque-Eller-Gio were the best at that quite frankly, but obviously involves the D first.

Still wish Chucky was with Eller, since Vanek and Pleks are not playing well. If Pleks can raise his game, then maybe it'll pay off, like in OT (still a fluke). I have given up on Vanek. Outside chance Gionta has a great game. He realizes how important this is, despite being awful this series thus far.

Who would you want on a 2 on 1 with Pleks: Stephen or Brian (Gio)?

Also, (important) is there a way to chose a default font (without having to go advanced all the time)? We need a win.

Closed Thread