HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next year's backup

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2014, 01:48 PM
  #76
KrazyKat
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
snag one of bostons goalies or tampa bay.

malcolm subban, svedberg, gudlevskis, vaselevski.

any of those young goalie could get the job done for the next 2/3 years. Then could trade them for sommething good when they become of my value. Then Bring up stloarz

KrazyKat is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 01:53 PM
  #77
Funf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat View Post
snag one of bostons goalies or tampa bay.

malcolm subban, svedberg, gudlevskis, vaselevski.

any of those young goalie could get the job done for the next 2/3 years. Then could trade them for sommething good when they become of my value. Then Bring up stloarz
Those guys are going to cost more than they're worth to us. If we just need a backup it's better to sign a vet off the market.

Funf is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 02:08 PM
  #78
The Rage Kage
Registered User
 
The Rage Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat View Post
snag one of bostons goalies or tampa bay.

malcolm subban, svedberg, gudlevskis, vaselevski.

any of those young goalie could get the job done for the next 2/3 years. Then could trade them for sommething good when they become of my value. Then Bring up stloarz
Someone's been playing to much NHL 14

The Rage Kage is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 02:17 PM
  #79
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 18,429
vCash: 500
Montoya please.

Whoever the back up he is needs to also be a good puck mover. Defense is so much better when our goalies can help them out.

Montoya, 2 yrs 2.1 mill total.

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 02:27 PM
  #80
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I would like Emery back. You know what he brings and as long as you do not let cross crease passes happen and you clear the rebounds he will stop most of them. A reduction in pay would help from him this season too.

flyersfan187 is offline  
Old
06-14-2014, 02:59 PM
  #81
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennysflyers16 View Post
Montoya please.

Whoever the back up he is needs to also be a good puck mover. Defense is so much better when our goalies can help them out.

Montoya, 2 yrs 2.1 mill total.
I would rather Greiss as my 1st choice. He has ben more consistant but has played on better teams than Montoya. But Al Mon is my 2nd choice.

Tripod is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 12:27 PM
  #82
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I would like Emery back. You know what he brings and as long as you do not let cross crease passes happen and you clear the rebounds he will stop most of them. A reduction in pay would help from him this season too.
I would rather have someone I can rely on in case Mason gets injured long term.
Greiss or Montoya are better options.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 12:44 PM
  #83
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,984
vCash: 500
Honestly for the price he'll go for, I'd say Greiss would be our best bet. Cheaper than Emery, younger and better than him.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 12:56 PM
  #84
onlylordsvsmorebp
Registered User
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I would rather have someone I can rely on in case Mason gets injured long term.
Greiss or Montoya are better options.
i honestly can only remember seeing him(greiss) play once last year when phoenix beat us at home and he backuped the **** out of us.outstanding performance by him.first star that night.


Last edited by onlylordsvsmorebp: 06-15-2014 at 04:28 PM.
onlylordsvsmorebp is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 02:45 PM
  #85
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I would rather Greiss as my 1st choice. He has ben more consistant but has played on better teams than Montoya. But Al Mon is my 2nd choice.
Greiss is my choice as well...

__________________
Love My Flyers!
FlyersFanz is offline  
Old
06-15-2014, 02:47 PM
  #86
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Greiss is my choice as well...
Hopefully he is Hextall's. The good thing is that he should have seen him a lot more being in the West the past few years.

Tripod is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 05:34 PM
  #87
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,681
vCash: 500
Gustavsson & Detroit appear to be close to reaching a deal, could scratch another UFA off the market.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 06-16-2014 at 06:39 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 06:23 PM
  #88
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 9,393
vCash: 500
Who?

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 06:39 PM
  #89
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Who?
Jonas Gustavsson.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
06-16-2014, 09:38 PM
  #90
onlylordsvsmorebp
Registered User
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Jonas Gustavsson.
he played well for them last year dont blame detroit for wanting him back...would have been happy if we took him actually.
...and starting in goal tonite for the flyers...''THE MONSTER''.

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 01:47 AM
  #91
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly for the price he'll go for, I'd say Greiss would be our best bet. Cheaper than Emery, younger and better than him.
What do you think his price will be? I don't think he's going to be as cheap as he was on his last contract, but I'd love for us to sign him. He'd have a legit shot at uprooting Mason, too, in my opinion.

From the rest of the UFAs, I'd say Chad Johnson would also be a great choice, but I don't see why he'd not rather just stay in Boston. Unless he's aiming to be a starter in the immediate future. I'd strongly consider Hiller, as well, but I'm not really that up-to-date with his health issues, and whether they might be overcome.

Ryker is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 07:27 AM
  #92
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,344
vCash: 50
I'm not so sure Greiss will still be cheaper than Emery. But I still think he'd be my #1 target. They need to get someone who would be the best case scenario should something happen to Mason (injuries, regression, etc.). I'm almost positive Hextall isn't a fan of Mason's contract, so I'm sure he's thinking that way. No more bringing in guys because they been here before, like the city, know the guys, etc.

Right now I'd have it:
1. Greiss - reasons stated, I think he would be the best bet if something happened and he needed to be the starter

2. Montoya - he is objectively better than Pavelec. May not be a 1A, but he's the best goaltender on his team

3. Dubnyk - would be a similar reclamation situation like Mason, and probably holds the best low-risk/high-reward factor. Plus, most guys who leave the Oilers find the pastures greener.

GKJ is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 08:36 AM
  #93
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 9,393
vCash: 500
Stalock would have been nice, but $1.6m is a lot for the Flyers to pay for a backup unless they can trade Vinny or Grossmann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I'm almost positive Hextall isn't a fan of Mason's contract
Based on what? $4.1 million for a 60-game starter with a .917 SV % is as market value as contracts get. And it's only for three years.

http://www.capgeek.com/comparables/?...2&year_id=2014

If they had waited till now to sign Mason he would have got more money because of his stellar playoff performances.

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 08:50 AM
  #94
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I'm not so sure Greiss will still be cheaper than Emery. But I still think he'd be my #1 target. They need to get someone who would be the best case scenario should something happen to Mason (injuries, regression, etc.). I'm almost positive Hextall isn't a fan of Mason's contract, so I'm sure he's thinking that way. No more bringing in guys because they been here before, like the city, know the guys, etc.

Right now I'd have it:
1. Greiss - reasons stated, I think he would be the best bet if something happened and he needed to be the starter

2. Montoya - he is objectively better than Pavelec. May not be a 1A, but he's the best goaltender on his team

3. Dubnyk - would be a similar reclamation situation like Mason, and probably holds the best low-risk/high-reward factor. Plus, most guys who leave the Oilers find the pastures greener.
Huh? Hextall was there while the contract was being negotiated. Plus, on what planet is a three year contract worth 4.1 AAV a bad deal for the Steve Mason we've seen in Philadelphia?

flyershockey is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 08:53 AM
  #95
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,955
vCash: 500
Masons contract is no issue, and there's no real reason to think Hextall thinks it is.

Striiker is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 08:54 AM
  #96
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,812
vCash: 654
if the Hurricanes fails to move Ward, Justin Peters is another option.

We have Flyers,Caps,Panthers,Coyotes and maybe the Stars,Flames all looking for a goalie and only few quality backup goalies

Flyerss is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 03:30 PM
  #97
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
if the Hurricanes fails to move Ward, Justin Peters is another option.

We have Flyers,Caps,Panthers,Coyotes and maybe the Stars,Flames all looking for a goalie and only few quality backup goalies
Of those teams you'd have to think Philly is probably one of the most desirable locations.

Striiker is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 07:04 PM
  #98
The Rage Kage
Registered User
 
The Rage Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
Maybe for skaters, but after all our goalie controversy, I wouldn't say we are very desirable for goalies to come here.

The Rage Kage is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 07:17 PM
  #99
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I'm not so sure Greiss will still be cheaper than Emery. But I still think he'd be my #1 target. They need to get someone who would be the best case scenario should something happen to Mason (injuries, regression, etc.). I'm almost positive Hextall isn't a fan of Mason's contract, so I'm sure he's thinking that way. No more bringing in guys because they been here before, like the city, know the guys, etc.

Right now I'd have it:
1. Greiss - reasons stated, I think he would be the best bet if something happened and he needed to be the starter

2. Montoya - he is objectively better than Pavelec. May not be a 1A, but he's the best goaltender on his team

3. Dubnyk - would be a similar reclamation situation like Mason, and probably holds the best low-risk/high-reward factor. Plus, most guys who leave the Oilers find the pastures greener.
I'm down with Dubnyk. His price ought to be low. His confidence can be redeemed, and he played some decent hockey behind a horrible team.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
06-18-2014, 07:40 PM
  #100
onlylordsvsmorebp
Registered User
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm down with Dubnyk. His price ought to be low. His confidence can be redeemed, and he played some decent hockey behind a horrible team.
totally agree,im also DWD thought he played really well for oilers a couple years ago.BIG and covers alot of net...also agree that he has best low risk/high reward factor going for him.

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.