HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next year's backup

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2014, 01:48 PM
KrazyKat

vCash: 500
snag one of bostons goalies or tampa bay.

malcolm subban, svedberg, gudlevskis, vaselevski.

any of those young goalie could get the job done for the next 2/3 years. Then could trade them for sommething good when they become of my value. Then Bring up stloarz

Old
06-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Funf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat View Post

any of those young goalie could get the job done for the next 2/3 years. Then could trade them for sommething good when they become of my value. Then Bring up stloarz
Those guys are going to cost more than they're worth to us. If we just need a backup it's better to sign a vet off the market.

Old
06-14-2014, 02:08 PM
The Rage Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat View Post

Someone's been playing to much NHL 14

Old
06-14-2014, 02:17 PM
bennysflyers16

Montoya please.

Whoever the back up he is needs to also be a good puck mover. Defense is so much better when our goalies can help them out.

Montoya, 2 yrs 2.1 mill total.

Old
06-14-2014, 02:27 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I would like Emery back. You know what he brings and as long as you do not let cross crease passes happen and you clear the rebounds he will stop most of them. A reduction in pay would help from him this season too.

Old
06-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennysflyers16 View Post
Montoya please.

Whoever the back up he is needs to also be a good puck mover. Defense is so much better when our goalies can help them out.

Montoya, 2 yrs 2.1 mill total.
I would rather Greiss as my 1st choice. He has ben more consistant but has played on better teams than Montoya. But Al Mon is my 2nd choice.

Old
06-15-2014, 12:27 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I would like Emery back. You know what he brings and as long as you do not let cross crease passes happen and you clear the rebounds he will stop most of them. A reduction in pay would help from him this season too.
I would rather have someone I can rely on in case Mason gets injured long term.
Greiss or Montoya are better options.

Old
06-15-2014, 12:44 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Honestly for the price he'll go for, I'd say Greiss would be our best bet. Cheaper than Emery, younger and better than him.

Old
06-15-2014, 12:56 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I would rather have someone I can rely on in case Mason gets injured long term.
Greiss or Montoya are better options.
i honestly can only remember seeing him(greiss) play once last year when phoenix beat us at home and he backuped the **** out of us.outstanding performance by him.first star that night.

Last edited by onlylordsvsmorebp: 06-15-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old
06-15-2014, 02:45 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I would rather Greiss as my 1st choice. He has ben more consistant but has played on better teams than Montoya. But Al Mon is my 2nd choice.
Greiss is my choice as well...

06-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Greiss is my choice as well...
Hopefully he is Hextall's. The good thing is that he should have seen him a lot more being in the West the past few years.

Old
06-16-2014, 05:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Gustavsson & Detroit appear to be close to reaching a deal, could scratch another UFA off the market.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 06-16-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old
06-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Curufinwe

Who?

Old
06-16-2014, 06:39 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Who?
Jonas Gustavsson.

Old
06-16-2014, 09:38 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Jonas Gustavsson.
he played well for them last year dont blame detroit for wanting him back...would have been happy if we took him actually.
...and starting in goal tonite for the flyers...''THE MONSTER''.

Old
06-18-2014, 01:47 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly for the price he'll go for, I'd say Greiss would be our best bet. Cheaper than Emery, younger and better than him.
What do you think his price will be? I don't think he's going to be as cheap as he was on his last contract, but I'd love for us to sign him. He'd have a legit shot at uprooting Mason, too, in my opinion.

From the rest of the UFAs, I'd say Chad Johnson would also be a great choice, but I don't see why he'd not rather just stay in Boston. Unless he's aiming to be a starter in the immediate future. I'd strongly consider Hiller, as well, but I'm not really that up-to-date with his health issues, and whether they might be overcome.

Old
06-18-2014, 07:27 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I'm not so sure Greiss will still be cheaper than Emery. But I still think he'd be my #1 target. They need to get someone who would be the best case scenario should something happen to Mason (injuries, regression, etc.). I'm almost positive Hextall isn't a fan of Mason's contract, so I'm sure he's thinking that way. No more bringing in guys because they been here before, like the city, know the guys, etc.

Right now I'd have it:
1. Greiss - reasons stated, I think he would be the best bet if something happened and he needed to be the starter

2. Montoya - he is objectively better than Pavelec. May not be a 1A, but he's the best goaltender on his team

3. Dubnyk - would be a similar reclamation situation like Mason, and probably holds the best low-risk/high-reward factor. Plus, most guys who leave the Oilers find the pastures greener.

Old
06-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Curufinwe

Stalock would have been nice, but $1.6m is a lot for the Flyers to pay for a backup unless they can trade Vinny or Grossmann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I'm almost positive Hextall isn't a fan of Mason's contract
Based on what? $4.1 million for a 60-game starter with a .917 SV % is as market value as contracts get. And it's only for three years.

http://www.capgeek.com/comparables/?...2&year_id=2014

If they had waited till now to sign Mason he would have got more money because of his stellar playoff performances.

Old
06-18-2014, 08:50 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
I'm not so sure Greiss will still be cheaper than Emery. But I still think he'd be my #1 target. They need to get someone who would be the best case scenario should something happen to Mason (injuries, regression, etc.). I'm almost positive Hextall isn't a fan of Mason's contract, so I'm sure he's thinking that way. No more bringing in guys because they been here before, like the city, know the guys, etc.

Right now I'd have it:
1. Greiss - reasons stated, I think he would be the best bet if something happened and he needed to be the starter

2. Montoya - he is objectively better than Pavelec. May not be a 1A, but he's the best goaltender on his team

3. Dubnyk - would be a similar reclamation situation like Mason, and probably holds the best low-risk/high-reward factor. Plus, most guys who leave the Oilers find the pastures greener.
Huh? Hextall was there while the contract was being negotiated. Plus, on what planet is a three year contract worth 4.1 AAV a bad deal for the Steve Mason we've seen in Philadelphia?

Old
06-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Masons contract is no issue, and there's no real reason to think Hextall thinks it is.

Old
06-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Flyerss

vCash: 654
if the Hurricanes fails to move Ward, Justin Peters is another option.

We have Flyers,Caps,Panthers,Coyotes and maybe the Stars,Flames all looking for a goalie and only few quality backup goalies

Old
06-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
if the Hurricanes fails to move Ward, Justin Peters is another option.

We have Flyers,Caps,Panthers,Coyotes and maybe the Stars,Flames all looking for a goalie and only few quality backup goalies
Of those teams you'd have to think Philly is probably one of the most desirable locations.

Old
06-18-2014, 07:04 PM
The Rage Kage

Maybe for skaters, but after all our goalie controversy, I wouldn't say we are very desirable for goalies to come here.

Old
06-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:

Right now I'd have it:

I'm down with Dubnyk. His price ought to be low. His confidence can be redeemed, and he played some decent hockey behind a horrible team.

06-18-2014, 07:40 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm down with Dubnyk. His price ought to be low. His confidence can be redeemed, and he played some decent hockey behind a horrible team.
totally agree,im also DWD thought he played really well for oilers a couple years ago.BIG and covers alot of net...also agree that he has best low risk/high reward factor going for him.

Closed Thread