HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF #4 - 05/25/14 | Montreal Canadiens @ New York Rangers | 8:00 - NBC SPORTS, CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2014, 03:23 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseyes View Post
Bishop was Tampa's MVP the whole season and stole many games. Seeing as on the scoreboard a lot of those games were close, I have a hard time seeing how he wouldn't have made a big difference in that series.
Especially since I've seen some of those goals Lindberg allowed. Hell Tampa could have won a game with Lindberg in net, if not for horrible officiating.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:24 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufheben View Post
He's right, the Lightning's defense was garbage in that series.
So what? It's been garage all season and Bishop saved their ass.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I'm shocked a Habs fan says they wouldn't make it out of that series. Do you guys not use the same excuse for Tampa as you did for Montreal. "Tampa just plays differently with Bishop in net". Something tells me you don't. But when Price went down it was "wah wah wah". You guys want to have your cake and eat it too. In the Tampa series you can't use injury as an excuse. In the Rangers series you can. Pick one.
You'd have to ask the habs fans who used that comment. I didn't...

You can't generalize

Seriously though, Montreal's game 2 was better than any game TBL had vs montreal. Just saying. They weren't that great after game 1.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:27 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

vCash: 69
Quote:
So what? It's been garage all season and Bishop saved their ass.
Bishop could have stolen the series. He's right though that the Habs skated circles around that team.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Emerz
#1 PLD Fanboy

**** em up tonight.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:29 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You'd have to ask the habs fans who used that comment. I didn't...

You can't generalize

Seriously though, Montreal's game 2 was better than any game TBL had vs montreal. Just saying. They weren't that great after game 1.
Something tells me that the Habs fans making injury excuses this series weren't making the same excuses for Bishop. Take the "you" as a general "you" I guess.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:29 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

How has Dominic Moore not been one of our best players? JT has a lot of potential, but Game 4 of the Conference Finals you don't go with potential, you go with the guy who's been getting it done all post-season.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:32 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Something tells me that the Habs fans making injury excuses this series weren't making the same excuses for Bishop. Take the "you" as a general "you" I guess.
Be it as it may, I think you're ignoring the fact Montreal outplayed TB significantly. After game 2 I just laid in my couch relaxed.

We can agree to disagree but no need to get defensive. Not trying to troll by any means.

I hope for a good game tonight. Cheers!

Old
05-25-2014, 03:34 PM
bmw2004

Who is playing instead of Stepan?

Old
05-25-2014, 03:39 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Did you post this much on the Lightning & Bruins board during those series?
A little bit, why not? Problem?

Quote:
It doesn't matter how much you guys dominated. You still won 3 games by 1 goal, including one in OT. Bishop has won all season with his team being dominated. Tampa just wasn't that good, but they still won.
Of course it matters how bad they were dominated. It may have stretched the series out a bit longer, but there was no doubt that the habs were the better team. The better team, in an ideal world, is who should advance. If the habs had only scraped by a bishopless tampa team, I'd have been pretty disappointed. It was one of the few times i thought we got some good coaching out of Therrien this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseyes View Post
Bishop was Tampa's MVP the whole season and stole many games. Seeing as on the scoreboard a lot of those games were close, I have a hard time seeing how he wouldn't have made a big difference in that series.
I'm not saying he wouldn't have made a difference, only that looking back at the series now, the habs were clearly the much better team. So, sure, Bishop might have stolen a few games and maybe even upset the habs, but had they got through to the 2nd round they'd have been massacred. Goalies very rarely play that hot for that long. Same as tokarski's win. the W is great and all but it doesn't give me much faith about the team playing in front of him.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

Please win.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Miller with Nash and Kreider would be fine if AV matches lines and gives them offensive zone starts, probably easier for the kid to step in and try create offensively than worry about shutting down the Habs top line. Whatever the situation I am confident we will be fine.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:43 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

Completely different situation. This team doesn't need Miller's help offensively, they need to continue their game plan. Moore has more than adequate offensive skills for the time being, and is one of our best defensive players. You don't just slot in a raw prospect who hasn't played in 3 weeks as your 1st line center. Especially not between Chris Kreider and Rick Nash.

Dominic Moore isn't a risk. At worst he'll win face-offs, play good defense, and forecheck hard. At best, he'll still do all those things and pick up a point or two. We don't need more than 1 line that is all offense, no defense.

I think it'd be a big risk, and would disagree with AV for going with it.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:43 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Dominic Moore should go back between Brian Boyle and Derek Dorsett. Derick Brassard goes back between Benoit Pouliot and Mats Zuccarello. The Brad Richards line remain intact. Put JT Miller between Chris Kreider and Rick Nash. That's the Rangers best line-up. Miller is a natural center. Moore is better fit on the 4th line. Asking him to contribute offensively on a top line is asking for too much. The Rangers are a 4 line team. People like to dump over Miller like they dumped over Kreider.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 128
Huge game today, take a commanding 3-1 lead or let this become a best of 3... Work hard, ignore all the horse ****, and get the w. They are so close they can taste it, worry about getting back at MTL next season in a meaningless regular season game. Stakes are too high to get sucked in to their idiocy

Old
05-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Completely different situation. This team doesn't need Miller's help offensively, they need to continue their game plan. Moore has more than adequate offensive skills for the time being, and is one of our best defensive players. You don't just slot in a raw prospect who hasn't played in 3 weeks as your 1st line center. Especially not between Chris Kreider and Rick Nash.

Dominic Moore isn't a risk. At worst he'll win face-offs, play good defense, and forecheck hard. At best, he'll still do all those things and pick up a point or two. We don't need more than 1 line that is all offense, no defense.
Yeah that is crazy, something like putting Dubinsky with Jagr his rookie season. Bananas.

The 1st line? They all seem to be used pretty evenly and it's an arbitrary label, especially when for a majority of the season/playoffs the Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello line carried our offense.

Yes Moore is adequate... Adequate doesn't necessarily win you games.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:48 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

These aren't the same situations at all. I think it's a totally unnecessary risk.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
These aren't the same situations at all.
It's hard to draw exact parallels in sports... The situations aren't the same, but the goal is.

Old
05-25-2014, 03:53 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Is it confirmed Stepan is out?

Old
05-25-2014, 03:55 PM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Why am I still going to the main board? LOL

Old
05-25-2014, 03:55 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

I just don't consider JT's offensive prowess [at this point in his career] to be so much greater than D. Moore's that it justifies the inevitably countless defensive mistakes that line will make. I think JT should be given as little responsibility as possible, 4th line wing. Just IMO.

Closed Thread