HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4: The MSL OT Hour

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2014, 06:51 PM
  #676
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,570
vCash: 500
Fast doesn't contribute much offensively but he's not a defensive liability at all. Why not roll a fourth line of Fast-Boyle-Dorsett if Stepan can't play?

Don't really trust Lindberg right now.

NYRSchrute217 is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 06:59 PM
  #677
THE BIG WHISTLE
Heave-Ho
 
THE BIG WHISTLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: By the beach
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Fast doesn't contribute much offensively but he's not a defensive liability at all. Why not roll a fourth line of Fast-Boyle-Dorsett if Stepan can't play?

Don't really trust Lindberg right now.
I think AV might want keep Boyle on the wing as he is a mismatch to the Canadiens. So by playing Lindberg would allow him to do that. That's all I can see why he would not play Fast if Stepan can't go

THE BIG WHISTLE is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:11 PM
  #678
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
If Stepan is out next game, I'd go with Fast even if Miller was available. The Rangers top 3 lines can get it done. We need that 4th line to be defensively aware and Fast has proven he is capable of that.

I'm not having Lindberg play his first NHL game in the playoffs. This isn't Kreider.
It's a toss up for me, personally. If you were to tell me that Fast was playing in that spot, I wouldn't mind in the slightest. But Lindberg, to me, is going to turn into a younger version of Dominic Moore. Whether he has that effect at this stage in his career remains to be seen, but that's the type of roll he can play, and we all know how successful that line was with Moore on it.

Fast is kind of just there, on that line. Lindberg might make it as good as it was when Moore was on it, although being that it would be his first game, he'd be extremely prone to nerves and such (most likely) and thus a higher risk.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:16 PM
  #679
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Now that I think about it, I'd go as far to say that Lindberg is the more likely of the two to play (if Stepan is out).

We've had 3 different centers go down in 4 games. If any of the other ones go down, we will have no depth down the middle. Having another player who can play center seems not only a precaution but a necessity, especially taking into account the troubling trend to have our centers injured.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:18 PM
  #680
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#planttheparade2015
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 15,831
vCash: 69
I'd rather not hear Fast's name all night than go with another risk.

__________________
X X X X - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _
Aufheben is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:20 PM
  #681
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov
 
Jarkko Immonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
I was only 6 when the Rangers won the cup in '94, so to me last night was the most important game I've seen this team play yet. What a feeling when they won!

Jarkko Immonen is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:20 PM
  #682
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufheben View Post
I'd rather not hear Fast's name all night than go with another risk.
You're very risk averse, aren't you? I think I'd rather that too, if we weren't teetering on no center depth.

Can't afford another in game injury with no in game solution. Limit his minutes if you have to, but another guy who can win face-offs in the event of an injury is an absolute must.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:23 PM
  #683
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
Now that I think about it, I'd go as far to say that Lindberg is the more likely of the two to play (if Stepan is out).

We've had 3 different centers go down in 4 games. If any of the other ones go down, we will have no depth down the middle. Having another player who can play center seems not only a precaution but a necessity, especially taking into account the troubling trend to have our centers injured.
Asking Lindberg to play his first nhl game, and asking him to play wing is asking too much, IMO.

Just put Fast on the wing and deal with not having another C if one goes down again.

Think you can make it through one game with 3 Centers if you have to

slipknottin is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:24 PM
  #684
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Asking Lindberg to play his first nhl game, and asking him to play wing is asking too much, IMO.

Just put Fast on the wing and deal with not having another C if one goes down again
I think that is a bigger risk than having defensive lapses and nerves. Especially, for all we know, Brassard isn't 100%. Suppose he goes down? It would be a disaster.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:24 PM
  #685
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.
 
jerseyjinx94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufheben View Post
I'd rather not hear Fast's name all night than go with another risk.
Fast is a huge risk and arguably nearly as big of a risk as Lindberg.

jerseyjinx94 is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:25 PM
  #686
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
Fast is a huge risk and arguably nearly as big of a risk as Lindberg.
I would say if there was one thing that Fast wasn't, it would be a risk. He's as defensively sound as it can get.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:26 PM
  #687
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
Fast is a huge risk and arguably nearly as big of a risk as Lindberg.
totally disagree. Its not even comparable.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:27 PM
  #688
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,273
vCash: 500
The Rangers obviously feel that either Fast or Lindberg could step in and eat some minutes without being a detriment. I know that past iterations of this team have given us a lot to be skeptical of when it comes to this organization's judgment. But I will trust them here considering the way this season has gone.

Let either one play, I don't care, we won the last game with 11 forwards.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:28 PM
  #689
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of the Kreider View Post
The Rangers obviously feel that either Fast or Lindberg could step in and eat some minutes without being a detriment. I know that past iterations of this team have given us a lot to be skeptical of when it comes to this organization's judgment. But I will trust them here considering the way this season has gone.

Let either one play, I don't care, we won the last game with 11 forwards.
We've played 3/4 games w/ 11 forwards.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:32 PM
  #690
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#planttheparade2015
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 15,831
vCash: 69
For a 4th line wing I'm risk adverse.

Aufheben is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:33 PM
  #691
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufheben View Post
For a 4th line wing I'm risk adverse.
How about for playing with only 4 centers when 1 is probably playing through an injury as is?

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 08:35 PM
  #692
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
We've played 3/4 games w/ 11 forwards.
Exactly, which means whoever we insert is a net gain unless they are incapable of holding on to the puck for a whole :30-:45 seconds a game. The number of actual touches these kids would get is minimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
How about for playing with only 4 centers when 1 is probably playing through an injury as is?
That slapshot through Tokarski would say otherwise. I think he's fine.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 09:16 PM
  #693
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 6,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
Fast is a huge risk and arguably nearly as big of a risk as Lindberg.
Fast is less of a risk than Miller and A LOT less of a risk than Lindberg..

haohmaru is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 09:17 PM
  #694
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 13,187
vCash: 500
If they want a winger, Fast should be in and he should be with Boyle and Dorsett.

If they want a center, Lindberg should be in and he should be put between Kreider and Nash.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 09:19 PM
  #695
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 9,094
vCash: 500
Expect MTL to go headhunting on our best player again.

M0rbid is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 09:32 PM
  #696
Tikkanen10fan
Registered User
 
Tikkanen10fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
i believe there was some acting going on ..but not too much.
have you ever gotten hit by surprise...you will likely scream or yell even if it didn't hurt..its the fear for a split second that you did get hurt and you just react that way.
like if you accidentally kick a dumbbell with your barefoot..there's that brief moment you think maybe I broke my toe.

Tikkanen10fan is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 09:33 PM
  #697
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 6,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
If they want a winger, Fast should be in and he should be with Boyle and Dorsett.

If they want a center, Lindberg should be in and he should be put between Kreider and Nash.
I think Steps is playing and all of this speculation is for nothing.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 09:35 PM
  #698
Xref
Registered User
 
Xref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen10fan View Post
i believe there was some acting going on ..but not too much.
have you ever gotten hit by surprise...you will likely scream or yell even if it didn't hurt..its the fear for a split second that you did get hurt and you just react that way.
like if you accidentally kick a dumbbell with your barefoot..there's that brief moment you think maybe I broke my toe.
When you accidentally kick a dumbell, do you jackknife through the air and bellyflop onto the floor?

Xref is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 09:40 PM
  #699
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
The league already engraved the kings' team into the cup, so it'll be ready for them to hoist it.
If it is Rangers-Kings, I think it will be the toughest series of all for the Rangers. The Kings are a very good and very deep team.

chosen is offline  
Old
05-26-2014, 09:45 PM
  #700
ThrillinPhil
Tdot.
 
ThrillinPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
You guys need to get that killer instinct for tomorrow. Please finish the Habs off

ThrillinPhil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.