HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXXIV

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Crazy to think the Kings were all but done 3 games into the first round...and now they look ready to steamroll the Hawks.

Old
05-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Tyson

Doughty is arguably a top 3 player in the league. Man that kid is good.

Old
05-26-2014, 10:17 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
IMO you gotta take the C off Ovechkin before any real changes can take place in WSH.
Why? The letter on the jersey is so overrated.

Old
05-26-2014, 10:18 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Hard to believe Chicago is the reigning Cup champion the way they're playing right now. Kings are toying with them.
Kings are just that good. Love the way they're built. Chi-town is a very good team. They just ran into a buzz saw. Ask San Jose.

Old
05-26-2014, 10:22 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Rangers did exactly the same thing to us (essentially) in gm1.

Hopefully the series result is the same.

And yeah, mad props to Quick. What a player.

Old
05-26-2014, 11:39 PM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Yep, the benefit of having two-way players. Sutter trotted out That 70's line to defend a 6-on-5 and they got the empty netter.

Old
05-26-2014, 11:43 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Wow Kings are so much bigger and stronger than us. Yes we have a good talent base too. Their talent isn't that much better than ours. They're just more complete in certain areas. Much better built and coached. But Bergy has shown he can make improvements. Our team just needs more jam and size down the middle up front and that'll get things going. Galchenyuk would make a perfect King if Sutter got to mould him. Instesd he's put on the wings and told to watch DD and Plekanec get PP time he deserves. That better change next season.

We've got something going here but we ain't competing with the Kings or even Hawks in any Cup Final with guys like Gionta, Pleks, DD, Vanek, etc. These guys just don't have the eliteness you need in so many ways. Although knowing our luck Gaborik would suck like Vanek if we'd traded for him but look, in LA he's insulated by a rugged, defensively sharp group of forwards. Allows him to play his role of sniping goals without having to worry about other tasks. Chicago not dead yet. They're still cup champs who have 2 of 3 games at home like us but don't count em out. They at least aren't missing their heart n soul like we are. Gionta has the C but Price is our leader. If Toews was out for this series, it'd be over by now.

Old
05-26-2014, 11:45 PM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Wow Kings are so much bigger and stronger than us. Yes we have a good talent base too. Their stalent isn't that much better. They're just more complete in certain areas. Our teamjust needs more jam and size down the middle up front and that'll get things going. Galchenyuk would make a perfect King if Sutter got to mould him. Instesd he's put on the wings and told to watch DD and Plekanec get PP time he deserves. That better change next season. We've got something going here but we ain't competing with the Kings or even Hawks in any Cup Final with guys like Gionta, Pleks, DD, Vanek, etc.

These guys just don't have the eliteness you need in so many ways. Although knowing our luck Gaborik would suck like Vanek if we'd traded for him but look, in LA he's insulated by a rugged, defensively sharp group of forwards. Allows him to play his role of sniping goals without having to worry about other tasks. Chicago not dead yet. They're still cup champs who have 2 of 3 games at home like us but don't count em out. They at least aren't missing their heart n soul like we are. Gionta has the C but Price is our leader. If Toews was out for this series, it'd be over by now.
Galchenyuk is not defensively competent enough to man a top line role with the Kings just yet. And Gaborik's game depends more on speed than Vanek, and he's willing to take punishment to get a goal. And he had to have learned some things from his time under Lemaire.

Old
05-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Odelein24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Why? The letter on the jersey is so overrated.
I understand what you mean, maybe it would help Ovechkin's own game a bit if some of that added pressure was off his shoulders.

Old
05-27-2014, 07:19 AM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Doughty is arguably a top 3 player in the league. Man that kid is good.
It's a shame if the Kings win a few cups and he doesn't get a Conn Smythe. Would have been my pick last time. He just controls the game whenever he's on the ice, even though it won't always show up on the scoreboard.

But journalists are just more impressed by goalies stat lines or a forward piling up points.

Old
05-27-2014, 08:10 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Kadri View Post
Galchenyuk is not defensively competent enough to man a top line role with the Kings just yet.
I think his point was, and it made perfect sense to me when I read it, is that if you gave Galchenyuk to LA right now, within 3 years he'd be a machine of a 2-way hockey player in the LA mold. He's got the skills to play on that roster and Sutter would no doubt do an excellent job developing him.

Kings & Hawks were the cream of the crop in the west this year. Those two teams are built for playoff hockey and it shows. Neither the Rangers nor Canadiens will be much trouble for them.

Old
05-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Kings are such a solid hockey team, really deep as well. Would love to see the Habs look like them in 2-3 years and add that nastyness side of the game. Even their big point producers don't shy from contact

What a year for Doughty and Carter so far

Old
05-27-2014, 09:48 AM
GoodKiwi

I'm much more impressed by this years edition of LAK than the 2012 one. This team can score as well as defend. Plus some impressive youth (Pearson, Toffoli, Muzzin) is breaking out. They're an incredible team without any apparent weakness really.

Old
05-27-2014, 10:34 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
I understand what you mean, maybe it would help Ovechkin's own game a bit if some of that added pressure was off his shoulders.
Perhaps..but stripping him of the C might hurt him more than help. If you strip him, you trade him.

Old
05-27-2014, 10:38 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Wow Kings are so much bigger and stronger than us. Yes we have a good talent base too. Their talent isn't that much better than ours. They're just more complete in certain areas. Much better built and coached. But Bergy has shown he can make improvements. Our team just needs more jam and size down the middle up front and that'll get things going. Galchenyuk would make a perfect King if Sutter got to mould him. Instesd he's put on the wings and told to watch DD and Plekanec get PP time he deserves. That better change next season.

We've got something going here but we ain't competing with the Kings or even Hawks in any Cup Final with guys like Gionta, Pleks, DD, Vanek, etc. These guys just don't have the eliteness you need in so many ways. Although knowing our luck Gaborik would suck like Vanek if we'd traded for him but look, in LA he's insulated by a rugged, defensively sharp group of forwards. Allows him to play his role of sniping goals without having to worry about other tasks. Chicago not dead yet. They're still cup champs who have 2 of 3 games at home like us but don't count em out. They at least aren't missing their heart n soul like we are. Gionta has the C but Price is our leader. If Toews was out for this series, it'd be over by now.
Thing is, I wonder if this run has tricked Bergie into thinking the team is a piece or 2 away from being legit contenders. Maybe he thinks the team is fine as is....without a few minor tweaks. That is what scares me.

Old
05-27-2014, 11:13 AM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
I think his point was, and it made perfect sense to me when I read it, is that if you gave Galchenyuk to LA right now, within 3 years he'd be a machine of a 2-way hockey player in the LA mold. He's got the skills to play on that roster and Sutter would no doubt do an excellent job developing him.

Kings & Hawks were the cream of the crop in the west this year. Those two teams are built for playoff hockey and it shows. Neither the Rangers nor Canadiens will be much trouble for them.
Yes, in that sense, I can see Galchenyuk fitting in there. Doesn't seem to be stubborn about not playing defense, and he never shies away from using the body to acquire the puck. His playstyle would indeed fit there, unlike a good many others on our team, starting with player #67, who'd never take a vicious hit to score a goal like Gaborik did last game.

Old
05-27-2014, 11:14 AM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Thing is, I wonder if this run has tricked Bergie into thinking the team is a piece or 2 away from being legit contenders. Maybe he thinks the team is fine as is....without a few minor tweaks. That is what scares me.
DD has already tricked everyone within the organization into believing he's a legit #1 center and that Pacioretty-DD is like Getzlaf-Perry or Thornton-Marleau or even Hall-Nugent-Hopkins. I have no doubt Bergevin will fall into the trap of thinking the team is closer than it actually is to winning a Cup.

Old
05-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Same could be said for New York.

It's all about momentum. that's why you don't give up and keep battling.

Old
05-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Kadri View Post
DD has already tricked everyone within the organization into believing he's a legit #1 center and that Pacioretty-DD is like Getzlaf-Perry or Thornton-Marleau or even Hall-Nugent-Hopkins. I have no doubt Bergevin will fall into the trap of thinking the team is closer than it actually is to winning a Cup.
How is DD "tricking" anybody? He's the best playmaker on the team, yet people crap on him because he isn't Getzlaf, Toews or Crosby...Brilliant!

Old
05-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
How is DD "tricking" anybody? He's the best playmaker on the team, yet people crap on him because he isn't Getzlaf, Toews or Crosby...Brilliant!
True but at the same time he isn't a #1 centerman and this is still what we are lacking in our organization. He has played well in the last 3 years, but as a #2 he would be even better.

Habs need to move Pleks, maybe not this summer, but over the next 2 years I think it needs to get done

Old
05-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Tyson

Seems the Kings will make it to the finals. If Chicago does not some how win this series, LA will win the cup!

Old
05-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
True but at the same time he isn't a #1 centerman and this is still what we are lacking in our organization. He has played well in the last 3 years, but as a #2 he would be even better.

Habs need to move Pleks, maybe not this summer, but over the next 2 years I think it needs to get done
Him and Plekanec are both low end #1/high end #2. If star centers grew on trees I'm sure MB would get one, but it's not that easy.

Galchenyuk could eventually be that player, but he is still quite green with a lot to learn.

Old
05-27-2014, 04:40 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
I don't even believe this. Sounds like you've been tricked too. There isn't a single person who criticizes him because he isn't elite. He's not even the best centerman on his team.

DD is a playmaker with Max (in the reg season). That's it, that's all. How that makes him a good #1/2 centerman is beyond me.

Old
05-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

Quote:
Same could be said for New York.

It's all about momentum. that's why you don't give up and keep battling.
No. Habs focused on Price injury.

No one stepped up to rally the troops after they ran the score on us.

What Quick did is truly captain material.

Old
05-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Tyson

Kings will be tough as hell to beat.

Closed Thread