HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not a Trade proposition .. more a Query between Us.

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 08:10 AM
kastaure

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kastaure Send a message via Yahoo to kastaure
Not a Trade proposition .. more a Query between Us.

This is not a trade proposal because I dont know what this player could could us...

Would Patrick Stefan from Atlanta made a perfect Center for the habs. With his 6 foot 2 and 210 pound I think his size would be a + for habs.

But what the first overall of a draft cost...

With Dany Heatly problems right now , they will need 1st and second line players...

Would a free Audette (salary paid by the habs) and a Perrault/Juneau would land us P.Stefan...

My 2 cennes..y€”Hrseurl=1

Old
10-04-2003, 08:13 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastaure
Would a free Audette (salary paid by the habs) and a Perrault/Juneau would land us P.Stefan...
It would not even land you Stefan's stick. Think more along the lines of Zednik and Perezhogin.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:16 AM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastaure
This is not a trade proposal because I dont know what this player could could us...

Would Patrick Stefan from Atlanta made a perfect Center for the habs. With his 6 foot 2 and 210 pound I think his size would be a + for habs.

But what the first overall of a draft cost...

With Dany Heatly problems right now , they will need 1st and second line players...

My 2 cennes..y€”Hrseurl=1
I would want a player like him but not him. He is already injury prone with his concussions and and it would just double his injur proneness(?) if he comes to MTL since MTl has a curse of getting injured.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Corey

Sure, says the Thrashers GM, Stefan was a high first round draft choice, he's young, he's playing an important role in Atlanta. Perfect! Let's trade him to the Canadiens for their surplus. I don't care how the Atlanta fans feel about it, I want to make the fans in Montréal happy.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
It would not even land you Stefan's stick. Think more along the lines of Zednik and Perezhogin.
More than what he was offering, less than what you are offering

Perezhogin, Bulis
Stefan, Pick (2nd-3rd)

Old
10-04-2003, 12:34 PM
tinyzombies

What about Bulis and Audette?

Old
10-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Way, way, way, way, way, way, way too much from the Habs perspective. Stefan's value quite simply isn't that high, especially in light of his health concerns. The orginal offer is a joke, but Stefan's trade value is not that great. THe Thrashers are better off holding on to him.
Not so sure about that Joe. You're right about his health problems so this somewhat could decrease his value but Stefan is already an important player defensively and physically for this team. His stats do not render him justice. He proved he's on the edge of a breakout year so I don't think anyone could get him without paying that kind of price (of course this does not mean I would do it, just talking about what it would take to get him out of there).

edit - typo

Old
10-04-2003, 01:11 PM
RichardZednik#20

Anyway I don't think Atlanta would be willing to trade Stefan. Audette, Dackell are not players ou of the question for Atlanat but don't expect a high return.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Cloudigger

I do not want to get rid of koivu

but something like koivu for stefan, a 1st and a decent propect sound fair to me...and that could be a good deal for montreal and for atlanta... i'm pretty sure that a line of Koivu, Heatley and Kovalchuk would be deadly...and Koivu is still young enough to centre the 1st line in Atlanta for 4 or 5 more years....

but hey Im happy with koivu

Old
10-05-2003, 12:56 PM
kastaure

Send a message via MSN to kastaure Send a message via Yahoo to kastaure
Thanks for the Answers..

Like I said the question was more to know Stefan value then anything else...

Someone suggest perez and bulis... I dont know... My understanding was that Stefan was not really achieving at a level Atlanta was confortable with. They may not want to take a chance to trade him but Perez is 2-3 years to be an nhl player and Atlanta need to produce now. They need to at least contend for the playoff.. not contend in the playoff but tried (or at least appears to tried) to be in the top 8. Especially with the Wild surprise last year.

If I would have told you Heatly, which is the heart and the soul of this team I would have understand the laugh and the stupid personnal comments I receive but Stefan is not a public favorite and not a management favorite. So anyway... How much a big, but yet underachieving center would cost us... Perreault (which is still a value however habs fan may say) , Zednik and an experience defensemen.. the price may be too high... So lets forget about it.

Closed Thread