HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonathan Huberdeau

Old
06-14-2014, 07:42 PM
FinlandPanther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
"What have you done for me lately?"-syndrome, you know it...

It's ridiculous to bury Huberdeau after his sophomore-year, really.

Can't wait for next year so he can prove all the doubters wrong... Well they won't be wrong 'cause all those doubters will be the first to praise Huby and say they knew it and call him the second coming of Sidney Crosby !
It's just absurd. Like I get he had a rough year and some people are down on him but spewing crap like he has decent vision is insulting to Huberdeau. His vision is his best attribute and can potentially make him an ELITE playmaker in the future. Yes his shot isn't great and neither is his skating but this kid has loads of potential and if he hits it a lot of you doubters are going to look silly.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 03:52 AM
FrolikFan67

just because he said his vision was "decent" doesn't mean he's showing "extreme hate" towards him. thats not fair, and rather extreme ironically. and its not really a what have you done for me lately thing for me, he wasn't that overly impressive in his rookie year either the way i saw it. not counting things like shootouts/penalty shots, I'm talking about actual in-game plays. he had the one against the rangers that year and thats the only impressive goal that i can think of then. he's played in the league for 1 1/2 seasons, 1 season was garbage, the other 1/2 was solid. its not hating, its just a matter of he hasn't shown anything at this stage to be overly confident. i hope he does amazing, but i can't say he'll be that till i see it first. we've seen little glimpses here and there in his very short nhl career so far, its understandable to have questions and concerns to a reasonable level. just because we don't think he'll jump all the way up to 1st line quality just yet doesn't mean we're hating on him.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 04:41 AM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
just because he said his vision was "decent" doesn't mean he's showing "extreme hate" towards him. thats not fair, and rather extreme ironically. and its not really a what have you done for me lately thing for me, he wasn't that overly impressive in his rookie year either the way i saw it. not counting things like shootouts/penalty shots, I'm talking about actual in-game plays. he had the one against the rangers that year and thats the only impressive goal that i can think of then. he's played in the league for 1 1/2 seasons, 1 season was garbage, the other 1/2 was solid. its not hating, its just a matter of he hasn't shown anything at this stage to be overly confident. i hope he does amazing, but i can't say he'll be that till i see it first. we've seen little glimpses here and there in his very short nhl career so far, its understandable to have questions and concerns to a reasonable level. just because we don't think he'll jump all the way up to 1st line quality just yet doesn't mean we're hating on him.
You and him both have been down on Huberdeau since he came to the Panthers so you can't come and tell me that I have an ironic bias towards him. You itonically are a fan of a player who busted big time for us and never became anything close to what he should have been. Huberdeau had a good rookie year considering his linemates. If you agree his vision is decent you lack any eye for talent, because if Huberdeau has anything that is outstanding it is his vision. You can continue to say he didn't have any impressive goals but the fact is I don't care how impressive they were, he led every rookie on points so he got the job done. Huberdeau a rookie year displayed fantastic plays by him so I'm not sure what rookie year you've watched but he was damn impressive even if he slowed down at the end. I don't even know why I'm still arguing this, but it's a wait and see thing with Huberdeau honestly.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 08:51 AM
jukkaeemeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Is that Finnish for kick-ass?
mental growning

jukkaeemeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 01:05 PM
FrolikFan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
You and him both have been down on Huberdeau since he came to the Panthers so you can't come and tell me that I have an ironic bias towards him. You itonically are a fan of a player who busted big time for us and never became anything close to what he should have been. Huberdeau had a good rookie year considering his linemates. If you agree his vision is decent you lack any eye for talent, because if Huberdeau has anything that is outstanding it is his vision. You can continue to say he didn't have any impressive goals but the fact is I don't care how impressive they were, he led every rookie on points so he got the job done. Huberdeau a rookie year displayed fantastic plays by him so I'm not sure what rookie year you've watched but he was damn impressive even if he slowed down at the end. I don't even know why I'm still arguing this, but it's a wait and see thing with Huberdeau honestly.
ok ok, im not trying to argue with anyone, i didn't say anything personal about him or anything, i want him to succeed as much as anyone else here. i wouldnt say I've been down on him since he's gotten here, he had some great moments during his rookie season but nothing specatular, then all of last season was really bad. he doesn't have a long nhl resume, when 66% of it has been really bad, and the other 34% has been pretty solid but nothing amazing, why is it weird for me to not to extremely high on him entering next season? I'm just saying he hasn't shown much over 1 1/2 years, maybe he'll be a 60pts+ player on the 1st line every year from here on out, i have no idea. but i havent seen enough from him to assume he'll be that. at least in this point in time.

and i never said i agree with the "decent" vision comment, and i didn't say you have an ironic bias towards him. you said he was showing "extreme hate" towards huberdeau just because he said his vision was decent, and i said thats an extreme comment so it was ironic. and why do people have to always attack the other persons username because of the player in it? frolik is my favorite player, he could score 1pt a year and that wouldnt change anything, its not just his talent. and not to get into this but how is having 2 seasons of 21G and 43/45pts, and then 1 season of 8G and 29pts around deadline time considering "busted big time"? this last season huberdeau put up 9G and 28pts in more games.

im not taking any shots at anyone. why does everything have to be taken personally on this site? i never take shots at anyone. this is just my opinion/prediction for huberdeau next season. we're looking at a small sample size, he hasn't been overly impressive, so I'm going to be a little skeptical until he proves otherwise. theres nothing wrong or bad with that.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Cats2TheCup

Huberdeau had an underwhelming second half of his rookie season and an underwhelming sophomore season. I think it's fair for people to question whether or not his current skill set is effective enough at the NHL level to score 65 pts next season.

Be that as it may, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do next season with a full summer to train under his belt for once. I think we still have yet to see what Huby is truly capable of because hes been plagued by injuries for his entire NHL career, so I can't really predict how well he will do.

I personally hope he develops a one timer (i've never even seen his slap shot) continues to work on his skating and puts on ten pounds of muscle. To be honest, I've really been hoping to hear he will train with Gary Roberts.

Last edited by Cats2TheCup: 06-17-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Cats2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Dr Beinfest

Of course 65 points is questionable. I think everyone just wants Huberdeau to pick up where he left off in that shortened season.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 12:13 PM
DrMom9900

Huberdeau sucks

/thread

DrMom9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 12:16 PM
AaronEkbald
Lu

Rooming with that POS Versteeg was the worst idea ever. I'm convinced he gave Huberdeau some bad habits. Gonna take a long summer of hard, strict training to break out of whatever Versteeg was molding him into. Kid had a decent WC as well. I think Huberdeau was receiving 4th line minutes and managed 5 points in 8 games. Not bad. Hopefully it's a sign of better production next season. If he's got some veteran linemates and the team does well, then it isn't unreasonable to ask for at least 20 goals, 20 assists, 40 points, maybe third or fourth on the team in scoring.

60 points [UFA signing]
55 points Barkov
52 points Bjugstad
40 points Huberdeau
38 points Campbell

That's IF we have a winning season. If we have another lottery year, then those totals all go waay down.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 01:24 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Rooming with that POS Versteeg was the worst idea ever. I'm convinced he gave Huberdeau some bad habits. Gonna take a long summer of hard, strict training to break out of whatever Versteeg was molding him into. Kid had a decent WC as well. I think Huberdeau was receiving 4th line minutes and managed 5 points in 8 games. Not bad. Hopefully it's a sign of better production next season. If he's got some veteran linemates and the team does well, then it isn't unreasonable to ask for at least 20 goals, 20 assists, 40 points, maybe third or fourth on the team in scoring.

60 points [UFA signing]
55 points Barkov
52 points Bjugstad
40 points Huberdeau
38 points Campbell

That's IF we have a winning season. If we have another lottery year, then those totals all go waay down.
If those are our best player point totals, we wont be making the playoffs.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 01:31 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
yeah, campbell scored 37 this year

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Not necessarily. Teams like Montreal, Columbus & even Detroit made the playoffs this past season with similar numbers from their top scorers. We'd need more production from Huberdeau & Campbell in those projected numbers to be a playoff team but there would be a chance to get into the playoffs with those stats for those guys.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 05:13 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
With GG coming in as coach and his obvious history with Huberdeau, this is going to be a big season for Johnny boy.

He'll have a full off-season to train and get into shape. He has a coach that he has flourished under. I'm kind of scared because I really hope he responds the way we want/expect.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 06:33 PM
c10ne

Nhl.com Quote Who Writes tis stuff?

I'm excited for this. He's a guy who is intense and into the game. He keeps you up throughout the game. I think the guys are going to react to him. He wants what is best for the players.
— Panthers forward Justin Huberdeau to the Miami Herald on new coach Gerard Gallant

c10ne is offline   Reply With Quote