HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who's in, whos out this offseason?

Old
05-27-2014, 11:14 PM
FazChenyuk

vCash: 500
Who's in, whos out this offseason?

It might be a bit early but this is how I see it.

Everyone has different opinions so thats why I wanted a thread like this.

Out: Murray, Bouillon, Gionta, Parros

Possible trade: Emelin , Gorges, Budaj , Moen (Weise can replace him), DD, White?

In: Re-Sign Markov, Vanek and Weaver, Subban, Weise and Lars?

If we unload emelin, gorges, budaj and moen for picks we would have so much cap space too. The reasons I want Vanek is that he is a missing piece to a contender. Yes, he is playing bad but the guy gets 10 minutes of ice time each game now so we cant judge him. He brings a lot of stuff we never had. Lars Eller is a good 3rd line center on a contending team.

Last edited by FazChenyuk: 05-28-2014 at 11:43 AM.
FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:16 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post

Out: Murray, Bouillon, Gionta

Possible trade: Emelin , Gorges, Budaj , Moen (Weise can replace him), DD?

In: Re-Sign Markov, Vanek and Weaver, Subban and Lars?

If we unload emelin, gorges, budaj and moen for picks we would have so much cap space too
For real? He's been a non factor so far in the playoffs so we can't give out some 8M/yr who disappears when things get rough.

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:16 PM
HabsInsideOut

I don't think Vanek's coming back. I think he's on his way to Minny and I don't think he's the kind of player MB's looking for. Imagine him at 38 at 7 mill a year doing what he's doin now.

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:20 PM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
For real? He's been a non factor so far in the playoffs so we can't give out some 8M/yr who disappears when things get rough.
We are way way too hard on him. Have we already forgot what he has done during regular season? Dont say well he hasnt done anything in this playoffs. He scored 2 goals vs Boston by deflections in a game. This is why we got him, He can bring a lot of stuff. He is still has 10 points in the playoffs.

Yes, I agree Vanek hasnt done anything vs the rangers but has he been playing with DD and pac? No. He is getting 10 minutes of icetime recently so he cant show anything.

Old
05-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
We are way way too hard on him. Have we already forgot what he has done during regular season? Dont say well he hasnt done anything in this playoffs. He scored 2 goals vs Boston by deflections. This is why we got him. He can bring a lot of stuff. He is still has 10 points in the playoffs.

Yes, I agree Vanek hasnt done anything vs the rangers but has he been playing with DD and pac? No. He is getting 10 minutes of icetime recently so he cant show anything.
That's exactly what the guy you quoted said. He just dissapears when things get rough. We don't want this guy on this team.

The 2 goals by deflections resulted in a loss so who cares really? 4 of his 5 goals (so 80%) were within two games...

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Habs

MB has a big job ahead of him, lots of departures. Even in a limited role he has to fill the voids left by players who contributed throughout the year...the guys who played 10-20 games etc.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:33 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Funny with how abysmal Vanek's been he's still got 10 points in 16 games.

Ezpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 11:40 PM
viggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Funny with how abysmal Vanek's been he's still got 10 points in 16 games.
Vanek played today by far his best game in the rangers series, (not really difficult but whatever), he backchecked, some good passes, some good possesion time with his line, an assist and that all in like 9 minutes with a 4th line on the wrong side, not sure what people want to complain about him today (yeah he was on ice at two goals, but look at it, at both he had zero to do with it).

Last edited by viggen: 05-27-2014 at 11:53 PM.
viggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:00 AM
Traitor8

Add Plekanec to the potential trade list. We have to move Galchenyuk at center so

Galchenyuk and DD are top 6 centers and then it's between Eller and Plekanec for 3rd line center. I choose Eller because he's younger, cheaper and bigger.

Plekanec trade can net us a solid winger

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 10:48 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

People are way too quick to forget what Emelin has done for this team in the Boston series. Any single human being would be exhausted after facing Lucic 7 consecutive games. Especially when he was the only one who would actually limit his efficiency in the crease or nearby.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:02 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:

The reasons I want Vanek is that he is a missing piece to a contender...
I agree with you. From a pure asset management perspective, I would sign him to a salary that the rest of the league would pay, so that he remains tradable. This is not David Clarkson that we are talking about: he would be tradeable at a fair salary. This article http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2014...h-gone-too-far suggests that he has a broken hand, which would explain why he is shooting a lot less. Being an elite shooter is the very nature of his game; no one will confuse him for Pavel Bure. As a result, he is the likeliest player on the team to see his performance dip significantly from such an injury.

That said, I recall Grant saying something about his fitness level. Once he is inked, I would make a point of enforcing some sort of fitness requirement (the stick), if I were MB, and provide him with all the team resources (the carrot) that he needs to improve upon this.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:09 AM
le_sean

It won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dan Boyle come over. A veteran RD that can let Emelin play on his natural side and move the puck for him.

I highly doubt they would let Markov walk and sign Boyle, though.

If Vanek asks for too much, which he will, Moulson would be a good option. A LW that scores garbage goals. Obviously not the playmaker of Vanek's calibre, but it would be nice to add more players willing to pay the price to score.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Not re-signed : Gionta, Bouillon, Murray, Vanek, Parros
Has to be traded : Emelin
Could be traded : Gorges, Desharnais, Bourque, Moen

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:14 AM
brian70

Quote:

Out: Murray, Bouillon, Gionta

Possible trade: Emelin , Gorges, Budaj , Moen (Weise can replace him), DD, White?

If we unload emelin, gorges, budaj and moen for picks we would have so much cap space too. The reasons I want Vanek is that he is a missing piece to a contender. Yes, he is playing bad but the guy gets 10 minutes of ice time each game now so we cant judge him. He brings a lot of stuff we never had. Lars Eller is a good 3rd line center on a contending team.
How is DD a possible trade? There has never been any indication that management ever considered or had any intention of trading him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Add Plekanec to the potential trade list. We have to move Galchenyuk at center so

Galchenyuk and DD are top 6 centers and then it's between Eller and Plekanec for 3rd line center. I choose Eller because he's younger, cheaper and bigger.

Plekanec trade can net us a solid winger
Plekanec is certainly the most useful forward on that team. Eller has never been given the opportunity to show he could actually replace him adequately.

brian70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

All I know is if Toronto is dumb and let`s McClement go Bergevin better be on that like a fat kid on cake.

Ryan White should be traded/unqualified. I`d look to go for Thorburn in that role. The guy can fight, skate and has hands to score.

As for the better players... I`m not entirely sure. We`ll have to see how it goes. I would like 1 of the top forwards and dman, but that`s not going to happen.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:16 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian70 View Post
How is DD a possible trade? There has never been any indication that management ever considered or had any intention of trading him.
Pretty sure it was renaud lavoie or one of his buddies who said that Bergevin signed Briere because he was planning on trading DD last summer, but couldn't find any takers.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:21 AM
odishabs

IN:

1. Weaver: a perfect partner for either of the kids ie. Tinordi, Bealieu. Elite on PK
2. Markov: as long as his value is reasonable. Love the general. Retires a Hab.
3. Callahan: A beast of a leader, one of the hardest working players in the league. We paid Gionta, this guy is a better younger version who provides amazing leadership ability.
4. Tokarski: Only thing he didn't have going for him was how good of a guy Budaj was. Toks is now being equally valued as a teammate.

OUT:

1. Gionta: Have a feeling he won't take less than Briere, simply think his time is up.
2. Boullion: Better in house Options ie. Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn. Great soldier.
3. Murray: Stop gap player until Tinordi was ready. Easily replaceable.
4. Vanek: He will age terribly, avoid a terrible long-term handcuff. Not the type of guiy you want setting an example for the younger players. Foot speed is awful.
5. Budaj: Love the guy, Tokarski is just better.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Callahan

Bourque - Eller - Briere

Bournival - Prust - Weise

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Emelin

Beaulieu - Weaver

Price

Tokarski

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:23 AM
eFFeRR
Major League Hockey

This is how I would do it..

Out: Boullion, Gionta, Markov, Vanek, Murray
Trade: Emelin (if possible), Bourque (if possible), Budaj
In: Moulson (hopeful Vanek replacement)
Re-sign: Weaver

- Boullion / Murray is self explanatory. We have some young kids who can step right in and not miss a beat.

- Letting go of Markov is a harder pill to swallow but despite his PP presence I don't believe he has a huge impact on this team anymore. Especially after a long playoff and another year aged. Would be a huge mistake to re-sign more then a year.

- Vanek because he's soft and doesn't show up come playoff time. We are taking a risk if we sign Moulson as well, as Moulson also had a questionable playoff with the Wild. At this point, I can't bear to see Vanek in a CH uniform

- We all hated Bourque in the Regular Season. Sure he performs come playoff time, there is no debating that, but I don't want a player who is going to coast 82 games a year and finally play come playoff time. He has some value now, let's get rid of him.

I want to see Beaulieu and Tinordi get 70+ games next year. Sure our defense will be inexperienced, but they need to learn sooner rather then later. Also, I would like to see Chucky move to Center but don't want to part with DD or Pleks. I think moving DD to the wing should be highly considered by the coaching staff.

eFFeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Since when did Emelin has to be traded? I miss that part

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:32 AM
PricePkPatch

Doesn't Weise's contract needs to be renewed?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I'm seeing Moulson/Callahan/etc being named as Vanek's replacement...they were worse in the playoffs than Vanek. Grass isn't always greener.

In:
A good faceoff 4th C
Young Goon

Out:
Boullion
Murray
Gionta
Parros

Keep:
Subban
Markov
Eller
Vanek
Weaver
Weise

Call up:
Beaulieu
Tokarski
Nygren/Tinordi

Put on Trade Block:
Bourque
Briere
White
Moen
Drewiske
Budaj

I'm not saying dump Bourque for nothing but if you can get something quality in a package involving him it should be considered.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:38 AM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Doesn't Weise's contract needs to be renewed?
Yep I think thats why we need to trade Moen.

Old
05-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm seeing Moulson/Callahan/etc being named as Vanek's replacement...they were worse in the playoffs than Vanek. Grass isn't always greener.

In:
A good faceoff 4th C
Young Goon

Out:
Boullion
Murray
Gionta
Parros

Keep:
Subban
Markov
Eller
Vanek
Weaver
Weise

Call up:
Beaulieu
Tokarski
Nygren/Tinordi

Put on Trade Block:
Bourque
Briere
White
Moen
Drewiske
Budaj

I'm not saying dump Bourque for nothing but if you can get something quality in a package involving him it should be considered.
Will second this.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

In:
A good faceoff 4th C
Young Goon
Oddly enough, Toronto has McClement soon-to-be UFA and then they have Devane/Broll in the AHL who `might` be ready.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Since when did Emelin has to be traded? I miss that part
He's god awful at playing hockey

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote