HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

How do the Rangers get Luongo...put your proposals here

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2005, 12:47 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
How do the Rangers get Luongo...put your proposals here

Well, here I am, an Isle fan, who's felt that Luongo wants out of Florida for a variety of reasons, and sees him at a 3.2, pissed off, and back under Keenan. Rangers are a team that needs a goalie, despite whatever prospects they have in system, in one of the biggest markets in the US of A. To me, they are not a prime suitor..but THE prime suitor...but not the best trade partner, like the Avs would be. But, then, I think...is that so?? What can the Rangers offer?? Can Luongo be brought to NYC?? They need Luongo...make no mistake about it....the Rangers have floundered too long, and Dolan chomps at the bit to make a real stir and for a future that screams : Playoff Money!!!!!

This all said, I can see Luongo being unhappy, but subsisting another year till the next battle in 2006 with Florida and Iron Mike. But make no mistake about it, ladies and gents...this man is not a happy Florida Panther. So, lets see some possible proposals that can actually do the deed.

Old
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Jacob

They simply don't have anything of real value to swing such a deal.

Old
08-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch
This all said, I can see Luongo being unhappy, but subsisting another year till the next battle in 2006 with Florida and Iron Mike. But make no mistake about it, ladies and gents...this man is not a happy Florida Panther. So, lets see some possible proposals that can actually do the deed.
I don't think Luongo is as upset as people think he is. He wanted more money just like every player in NHL history, but more importantly, he wanted to be on a winning team (something the Rangers don't have the best chance at -- then again, neither do the Panthers).

If the Panthers are competitive this year, Luongo will have no problem staying. He just wants to be part of a winning team.

Old
08-30-2005, 12:52 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
why do the rangers need another goalie when they already have weekes, montoya and lundquist? The rangers do not despertaly need a goalie this year

Old
08-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Even though the idea is stupid, how about:
To Florida: 2006 1st pick, Henrik Lundqvist, Kevin Weekes, Tom Poti, Karel Rachunek
To NYR: Roberto Luongo

Old
08-30-2005, 12:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Please close this thread

Old
08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
NYR fan 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Please close this thread
i second that

Old
08-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
How do the Rangers get Luongo
Smoke + mirrors.

And a few prayers.

but on a more serious note, i just dont see it happening. from what ive heard, the rangers are building their team up solidly, the guys they have are, i would assume, the guys they want. to then go and trade a chunk of that away, even for a good goalie? that would give the rangers a good goalie and a weaker team. the whole time people have been talking about Luongo, ive heard panthers fans saying that the rest of the team didn't help him enough. And he wasn't able to prduce there. if he joins a weakened rangers team, i don't see him suddenly stepping up and delivering the rangers to the postseason. although i can see the point about not being happy in florida.

i just dont see it being the rangers who he ends up with but i too would be interested to see what rangers fans think of this idea. I don't have that strong a grasp of their team so i may be way off base, but i just dont see it happening.

Old
08-30-2005, 12:59 PM
PanthersFanatic12

crazy

nothing the rangers could offer would be a fair trade for luongo. And keenan said on tsn he has no intention of trading luongo and plans to neogiate jan.1. And luongo said on the panthers offical site hes content with the situation, and will prove he can move to the next level and get the team to the playoffs . keenan will pay him more money if he brings the team to the playoffs and has another outstanding year.
everybody can stop these luong trade threads cuz its a waste of time .

Old
08-30-2005, 01:04 PM
JimEIV

Move their franchise to Miami and call themselfs the Panthers

Old
08-30-2005, 01:14 PM
JR#9*

We have to start this by pointing out one very important thing...the NYR's will NOT be any sort of contender for another 2-3-4 yrs from now so it makes no sense to swing for the fences with a blockbuster trade.

Stay the course and keep building the prospect pool which is already nicely stocked and which will only get deeper when the NYR's purge all the vets on one yr deals again ala 2004 at the deadline when we deal Ruchinsky-Straka-Poti-Rucchin-Niemenen and maybe even Nylander and Jagr.

As for the NYR's in net I feel that they will be set in goal with both Lundquist as well as Montoya who will both be good #1 with Lundy being the better of the 2 IMO.

They are also deep on defense and have some very solid future 2nd and 3rd liners upfront but they need the offensive stud or 2 to help complete the rebuild and hopefully another out of the PO's finish combined with the deadline purge will help bring about the cahnce to select one of these types of players.

Old
08-30-2005, 01:16 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Rangers DO NOT need Luongo at all. We are not going for the cup right now #1, #2 we have 2 potential superstar goalies in our system. Giving up 1st round picks and or top level prospects would be the stupidest thing the Rangers could do.

Quote:
Please close this thread
I 3rd this.

Old
08-30-2005, 01:29 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
Move their franchise to Miami and call themselfs the Panthers
coming from a devil fan that is funny! support your team and you'll be fine don't worry about an original six team moving!

Old
08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Knicks fans thought the same thing. You forget your ownership. As for the two pontential good goalies in your system..sure. Potential superstar goalies???? Lay off the crack, dude.
Sorry bud, Lundqvist as the potential to be a much better then good goalie as does Montoya. Why dont you stick to your Isles and stop worrying about the Rangers goaltending since you obviously dont know anything about our system.

Old
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Well, here I am, an Isle fan, who's felt that Luongo wants out of Florida for a variety of reasons, and sees him at a 3.2, pissed off, and back under Keenan. Rangers are a team that needs a goalie, despite whatever prospects they have in system, in one of the biggest markets in the US of A. To me, they are not a prime suitor..but THE prime suitor...but not the best trade partner, like the Avs would be. But, then, I think...is that so?? What can the Rangers offer?? Can Luongo be brought to NYC?? They need Luongo...make no mistake about it....the Rangers have floundered too long, and Dolan chomps at the bit to make a real stir and for a future that screams : Playoff Money!!!!!

Why in the world would an Islander fan want the Rags to get Luongo. This is the part i'm having trouble wrapping my head around.

Old
08-30-2005, 01:37 PM
NYR fan 2

Quote:
Knicks fans thought the same thing. You forget your ownership. As for the two pontential good goalies in your system..sure. Potential superstar goalies???? Lay off the crack, dude.
you obviously don't know what your talking about man

lundquist is 23 and dominated a very strong swedish elite league...how is that not the formula for a potential superstar?

33-8-3 record
1.79 GAA (remember, NHL players played in that league last year)
.936 save percentage

"He ranked among the Swedish Elite league goaltending leaders in several categories, including: wins (33, first), goal against average (1.79, first), save percentage (.936, first), shutouts (6, first) and minutes played (2641:51, second). "

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1667

Old
08-30-2005, 01:39 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever
Why in the world would an Islander fan want the Rags to get Luongo. This is the part i'm having trouble wrapping my head around.
i don't i am throwing out the idea. I don't mind the competion...Rangers being strong again is inevitable. Think outside the box that being a team crony traps you in.

Old
08-30-2005, 01:48 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

Quote:
Morons?You started a thread on the Rangers getting Roberto Luongo.Realistic proposals.This is not realistic
i started a thread based on that I can see the Ranger making a move for a NHL-experienced goalie upgrade over Weekes, leaving at least one of their "potential goalie superstars" in their system to develop on their own. Call it unrealistic. Sadly, I know better...and we have a difference of opinion. If this thread isn't for you...go back to your own and don't take part.

you have tons more posts than me, yet you are doing the usual flamer crap. disagree, then move on, fanboy. you gave nothing in this thread...others at least provided info and opinon

Old
08-30-2005, 01:55 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
you obviously don't know what your talking about man

lundquist is 23 and dominated a very strong swedish elite league...how is that not the formula for a potential superstar?

33-8-3 record
1.79 GAA (remember, NHL players played in that league last year)
.936 save percentage

"He ranked among the Swedish Elite league goaltending leaders in several categories, including: wins (33, first), goal against average (1.79, first), save percentage (.936, first), shutouts (6, first) and minutes played (2641:51, second). "

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1667

its a formula for a guy to be a NHL-level goalie. How you get superstar from that...well, thats your thing. He'll be a potential superstar when he shows that stuff on the NHL level, not other leagues. Sorry. Difference of opinion. I didn't even think Rick Dipietro a potential "superstar" just a potential NHL good goalie based on his college stats. I don't swallow hype even to my own team.

Old
08-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
yes a terrible thread. makes no sense whatsoever, despite the fact the Rangers made contact with Florida over his availability.

Where did you get that from? Please don't tell me Larry Brooks

08-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
This comming from the kid who calls people morons, and dopes if they disagree with him?

What do you expect from the Gooch? He's always been a bully. He even picked on poor little Arnold Jackson who was a little person.

Old
08-30-2005, 02:02 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Where did you get that from? Please don't tell me Larry Brooks
i heard they inquired, thus i made the thread. i won't name names....nor is it just a board rumor. nor do i extol it as a RUMOR to be bandied..but I did use it as impetus to think out what proposal it would take to make it happen. I was thinking it to myself, and understanding why they would inquire...big market needs proven goalie superstar...and put forth in here b/c i didn't see what they could do to swing the deal...which is why i didn't start making it...

Montoya, several Calzones and a 1st for Luongo proposal.

Old
08-30-2005, 02:04 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
What do you expect from the Gooch? He's always been a bully. He even picked on poor little Arnold Jackson who was a little person.

why do you think Gary Coleman is still short

Old
08-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Olias of Sunhillow

It would take a massive load of prospects to get Luongo -- something like Tyutin, Montoya, Dawes, and a 1st (maybe 2).

I won't bash the premise of this thread (why do people come to a trade proposal board to bash people that propose trades?) but I will say that I disagree with the idea that the Rags need Luongo. One of their two top goalies will be the real deal -- probably both will -- by the time the Rangers' above-average pile of prospects produce wins for them. There isn't a goalie alive that could salvage the Rangers this year, so Sather needs to stay the course and wait.

On the other hand, if I'm the Panthers and the Rangers approach me with a package of three top prospects and two very, very high first-round picks, I'm listening.

Old
08-30-2005, 02:12 PM
boredmale

wait till he becomes a UFA then sign him

easy enough way for the Rangers to get Loungo.

Closed Thread