HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

21e Mondial de la bière

Old
06-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
They shouldn't ditch any from Quebec, there are so many missing! I have no idea what's the deal with the Brazilian and Italian importer, but there are too many average beers out there from these places and at a ridiculous price.

They also really should focus on bringing in a maximum of American craft beers. Like I previously said, the selection is getting redundant. Bring in some Founders, Jolly Pumpkins, Bells, Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, Lawson's Finest, Three Floyds, etc. So many great breweries out there, it's a shame we only get the same ones over and over again here.

I drank a couple beers yesterday and the one that stood out the most for me was the Assemblage #2 from Dunham. Ever since they brought Eloi as a brewer from Le Cheval Blanc the quality of their beers have been nothing but impressive.

Another one I really loved was the Peluso 30th anniversary. Loved the subtle fruit notes.

We also tried the Oud Beersel Bzart Lambiek, which was sold out by 4-5 pm. The funky nose and taste was quite enjoyable. A really great lambic.

The Double IPA brewed with Myrique baumier from Le Naufrageur disappointed me. It wasn't bad, it's drinkable, but it's not in the style at all. No hops. Too malty.
If they don't ditch any, they'll need more space. I tried the Dunham and it really was a beautiful one. Farnham also had some quality beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
I won't have time to go this week but I'm looking into going to the one in Chambly at the end of summer. Has anyone been before?
Ya, I live right next to it work right next to it. It's mostly crap if you don't go early. Mondial is better.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote