HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2014, 09:08 AM
bklyn8

vCash: 500
Are all the 1st row gallery $168 seats gone?

Old
07-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn8 View Post
Are all the 1st row gallery $168 seats gone?
Yup, looks like it.

Update: there's now a pair in 209 available

Last edited by Nash Money: 07-02-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old
07-02-2014, 09:55 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ123 View Post
Anyone have 4 tix piggybacked 2 and 2? Any experience on if they are harder to sell than 4 in a row?
It's harder to sell piggyback than all in one row.

Old
07-02-2014, 12:17 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
As it should be coming off last season! It seems that many existing STHs added seats to their accounts thus shutting out many potential new STHs.
Almost the entire building sold out now just from relocations alone, I counted less than 150 total seats left...

07-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts88 View Post
Almost the entire building sold out now just from relocations alone, I counted less than 150 total seats left...
Well, at least what they were offering. They always hold some back for halfs, minis, and individuals.

Old
07-02-2014, 12:35 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
Well, at least what they were offering. They always hold some back for halfs, minis, and individuals.
Might still be holding stuff back. If anyone can't find what they are looking for, call your rep and tell them you are having trouble getting on and ask if they have anything.

Old
07-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
From what I understand they are not holding much back at all. Someone I know at MSG told me that close to 250 accounts requested extra seats when the normal amount is close to 100. I don't know if everyone was accommodated but if 500 more seats were taken up existing STHs and 200 seats were not renewed that is a lot of seats that will not hit the market via mini-plan or singles. If you take 300 seats off the market I cant imagine there would be much left.

Old
07-02-2014, 02:19 PM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

vCash: 364
Quote:
From what I understand they are not holding much back at all. Someone I know at MSG told me that close to 250 accounts requested extra seats when the normal amount is close to 100. I don't know if everyone was accommodated but if 500 more seats were taken up existing STHs and 200 seats were not renewed that is a lot of seats that will not hit the market via mini-plan or singles. If you take 300 seats off the market I cant imagine there would be much left.
They hold back a lot, as in seat locations that they don't sell as season tickets but instead sell game by game individually at dynamic prices (ie 2x+ $ as much)

Old
07-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Might still be holding stuff back. If anyone can't find what they are looking for, call your rep and tell them you are having trouble getting on and ask if they have anything.
Tried. No go. Maybe my rep just doesn't like me very much.

Also told me that the system is open until 6.

Last edited by Nash Money: 07-02-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old
07-02-2014, 02:41 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Tried. No go. Maybe my rep just doesn't like me very much.
How long have you been a subscriber?

Old
07-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
They hold back a lot, as in seat locations that they don't sell as season tickets but instead sell game by game individually at dynamic prices (ie 2x+ $ as much)
This makes alot of sense especially in the 200,300,400 since the STH pricing strucutre was set before the team went on this run.
By re-selling tickets as individual seats at inflated "Dynamic" prices they re-coup some of that they "could" have made by inflating STH prices further.

Old
07-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
How long have you been a subscriber?
This will only be my second year. I don't think the rep actually dislikes me, though I doubt I'm looked upon any different than all of her other accounts. Took her to lunch once and she was super friendly, but I'm sure that was her putting forth a smile on behalf of NYR/MSG.

Old
07-02-2014, 06:34 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
This will only be my second year. I don't think the rep actually dislikes me, though I doubt I'm looked upon any different than all of her other accounts. Took her to lunch once and she was super friendly, but I'm sure that was her putting forth a smile on behalf of NYR/MSG.
Yeah, don't take it personally. It's unlikely they are going to release inventory to improve a new subscriber's location unless there is a very compelling reason to do so.

Old
07-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, don't take it personally. It's unlikely they are going to release inventory to improve a new subscriber's location unless there is a very compelling reason to do so.
Meh, I'm still very happy with the seats I have (row 2 gallery), especially given how little tenure I have. Was just excited to potentially move closer to center or add, and that wasn't an option unless I wanted to pay ridiculous row 1 gallery prices.

And for all others with the "Lifer" option, was the tailored gift the Rangerstown doormat we had shipped to us?

Old
07-02-2014, 09:02 PM
eKardz

just looked at my account, when i bought the new seats I paid 2287.77, and that was originally reflected.

now it says I have not paid anything, I am over due, and owe the full amount.

did this happen to anyone else? is it tied to the "glitch"?

Old
07-02-2014, 09:10 PM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eKardz View Post
just looked at my account, when i bought the new seats I paid 2287.77, and that was originally reflected.

now it says I have not paid anything, I am over due, and owe the full amount.

did this happen to anyone else? is it tied to the "glitch"?
No worries..just a glitch

If you click continue as though you are making the payments, you will see the amounts credited

Old
07-02-2014, 10:01 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Meh, I'm still very happy with the seats I have (row 2 gallery), especially given how little tenure I have. Was just excited to potentially move closer to center or add, and that wasn't an option unless I wanted to pay ridiculous row 1 gallery prices.

And for all others with the "Lifer" option, was the tailored gift the Rangerstown doormat we had shipped to us?
2nd year and Row 2 Gallery is pretty solid.

I think that was our gift...at least that's what I got as a lifer.

Old
07-03-2014, 11:55 PM
griz1

I had four in 105 row 13, two rows from the aisle next to 106. I really liked the seats but was getting killed on resale.

Moved to 221 Row 1, two seats from the aisle (closer to 222). I understand that it's still a loser for re-sale (hopefully less of one, though), but how are the row 1s to sit in?

I understand there is a little more leg room, and a tv -- does that just show what's up on the big screen?

Any info is appreciated.

Old
07-04-2014, 05:28 AM
Rangers110

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz1 View Post
I had four in 105 row 13, two rows from the aisle next to 106. I really liked the seats but was getting killed on resale.

Moved to 221 Row 1, two seats from the aisle (closer to 222). I understand that it's still a loser for re-sale (hopefully less of one, though), but how are the row 1s to sit in?

I understand there is a little more leg room, and a tv -- does that just show what's up on the big screen?

Any info is appreciated.
I have seats in 220 row 1. The view is great because there isn't anybody in front of to block your view. The extra leg room is also nice. You can manually change the tv to whatever channel you want. I liked to tune to the channel that has the game on about a 10 second delay so you could look down at the tv to watch an exciting play again after it happened. They do need to lower the tv's though because some of them are mounted so they partially block your view. The tickets are definitely a challenge from a resale standpoint. Last season I probably broke even overall with the games I sold during the regular season. There were games against Edmonton, Calgary, etc that I sold for about $75 per ticket. The playoffs were no problem from a resale standpoint

Old
07-04-2014, 08:05 AM
patnyrnyg

The problem you will have with resale of those tickets is the general public just doesn't realize that you have the extra legroom, the tv's, etc. They just look on stubhub or the exchange see the row 1's for much higher than row 2 which are much higher that row 3. So, for the 2 extra rows, they just pay a lot less.

Old
07-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Rangers110

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
The problem you will have with resale of those tickets is the general public just doesn't realize that you have the extra legroom, the tv's, etc. They just look on stubhub or the exchange see the row 1's for much higher than row 2 which are much higher that row 3. So, for the 2 extra rows, they just pay a lot less.
You need to market your tickets on Craigslist so you can describe the extra features.
I have been much more successful selling on craigslist vs. stubhub. After awhile you can also build up a group of regular buyers from Craigslist.

Old
07-04-2014, 10:52 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz1 View Post

Any info is appreciated.
Over all I think the Row 1 Gallery seats are better than the last rows of most of the lower levels, particularly in the corners. They do need to find a way to lower the TVs as they are definitely a couple inches too high, but you do get used to it. And while the MSG seating chart does list them as Gallery Seats, they could definitely do a better job explaining the benefits that come with them. Anyway, welcome to Section 221! I think you'll love your new seats. The view is great, and you'll be on the good end now.

Old
07-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers110 View Post
You need to market your tickets on Craigslist so you can describe the extra features.
I have been much more successful selling on craigslist vs. stubhub. After awhile you can also build up a group of regular buyers from Craigslist.
The Rangers have a great business model. They put the tickets for sale and they are all sold to STHs. The person that buys the tickets then must market them and describe the extra features just to break even. In most teams it is up to the actual team to market their own tickets and describe the extra features. Dolan is a genius he just has the STH turn into his ticket agent!

Old
07-04-2014, 12:49 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
The Rangers have a great business model. They put the tickets for sale and they are all sold to STHs. The person that buys the tickets then must market them and describe the extra features just to break even. In most teams it is up to the actual team to market their own tickets and describe the extra features. Dolan is a genius he just has the STH turn into his ticket agent!
I will call Dolan a genius if he is able to extract a seat license fee.

First he needs to have a decent waiting list.

Last edited by ltrangerfan: 07-04-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old
07-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Can someone give me some info about the mini plans? Not much info is available on the rangers website about it.

What is the amount of games you get?
Can you choose how many games you want to go to?
What are prices like?

Any info would be appreciated.

Closed Thread