HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2014, 03:21 PM
McD27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
Anyone have Knicks Tickets? A buddy of mine is going to try to move his seats tomorrow. Anyone know what type of seats are open.
$90 end galleries are the cheapest uppers as of today. I went last Thursday and was able to get 4 in 414 row 3. $49 seats so I'm happy.

Old
07-14-2014, 07:07 PM
negipai98

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
1) Those that had access to the relocation map would have a better idea but there's gotta be something in the lower end/corner. Rangers had a great year but I can't see how they sold all of those when there were a decent amount available last year.

2) Depends where you're looking in the upper bowl. They finally allowed downgrades in the relocation process this year but by the time they got to the newer subscribers, almost nothing was left in the upper bowl. Again, this is coming off the best year they had in 20 seasons though. At the very least, you should be able to relocate into the row 1 gallery seats in the upper bowl which are priced similarly to the lower corners.

My advice is try to get a half season plan if you can't get what you're looking for with full seasons. You may be able to get 200's that way or corner/end 100's. Plus you're guaranteed half playoff rights (maybe even full if your rep works with you) while getting your foot in the door for seasons.
Thanks for the guidance. The only thing I was told was available were the lower seats behind the goal (too expensive plus hate sitting low behind the net) and then club seats in 116 and 118 (not even considering those).

Old
07-14-2014, 07:14 PM
negipai98

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
1) Don't think it is just a sales game. I was checking availability on during the relocation and it was very limited. Unless of course, they were simply holding seats back, but I doubt it.

2) Do NOT buy tickets which are more than you can afford just to get a foot in the door. If you can afford lower level seats, great. But if you can't, don't. There is no guarantee you will be able to move to the upper bowl. I had one of the earliest times to get on (sth since 98) and when I did, there was very little available in the upper bowl aside from the row 1 galleries which are the same price as lower bowl anyways. I gave up my pair and the pair next to mine to move to barstools, and those 4 seats didnt last long.

Secondly, do not let anyone sell you on the idea of selling some games for more than face in order to lower your own cost. It will never work in the lower bowl. The tickets are too expensive and leaves you very little room for profit and you will likely have to take a loss on more than 1/2 the games.
Thanks and totally agree about not biting off more than you can chew. I'm like many here in that I want to go to 7 or 8 games a year + playoffs and I'm not looking to do more than breakeven (although doing so is obviously nice). Mini and half plans don't work for me since we have a varied schedule and need a lot of flexibility. In general I'm more than happy to sell Premium games since I like seeing the western conference teams play and am less driven by the big matchup games. I'm in no big hurry - no problem sitting out the season tickets this year and buying one-offs - the only challenge is playoffs.

Thanks again!

Old
07-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Ralphie Boy

Just purchased 2 in Section 103, Row 7. Any opinions on those seats? Thanks.

Old
07-15-2014, 01:57 PM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn8 View Post
You'll have a great view of Hank's ass as it moves from side to side for 2 periods. I think row 6 is the "first" row of the section. I had tix in 103 row 18 and I thought they were ok. I think your seats are $160? which is not terrible. Seriously, when the action is at your end, it's pretty good. When it's at the other end, it's pretty bad.

Old
07-15-2014, 02:02 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Think I sat 101 row 10 for a game once this year. It's definitely good to be in the lower rows behind the goal because the obstruction in the corners from the stands not being against the glass gets worse as you go higher up. Plus, you don't have to deal with people constantly standing and getting up mid play and what not. Row 7 looks like the 2nd row of the actual section too. This is the pic I took from 101 row 10 so it's pretty comparable to your seats. Only thing is it's tough to see the action at the other end but that's expected in seats behind the goal in the lower level.

07-15-2014, 03:38 PM
negipai98

Quote:
I sat in 111 Row 14 last year and hated the seats. Once the puck goes behind the net or there is any kind of exciting play where people stand up you, you lose sight of the goal entirely and are dependent on the scoreboard to see. Totally frustrating experience. It may be better in row 7 because there are fewer people in front of you, but up in row 14 it was awful.

Old
07-15-2014, 04:41 PM
CarlosDanger
Beast Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by negipai98 View Post
I sat in 111 Row 14 last year and hated the seats. Once the puck goes behind the net or there is any kind of exciting play where people stand up you, you lose sight of the goal entirely and are dependent on the scoreboard to see. Totally frustrating experience. It may be better in row 7 because there are fewer people in front of you, but up in row 14 it was awful.
When there's an exciting play and everyone else stands? Why aren't you also standing? Problem solved.

I have a pair in 111 and they're good seats. Great view of plays moving up ice toward you. They're a good vantage point to watch stuff develop in your own end… not so much on the opposite side of the ice…. but it is pretty cool watching a goal and seeing the whole crowd jump up from that end down toward you in a wave

Old
07-15-2014, 04:53 PM
negipai98

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosDanger View Post
When there's an exciting play and everyone else stands? Why aren't you also standing? Problem solved.
Doesn't quite work that way, but yeah, personal preference I suppose. Glad you like 'em. Just not for me.

Old
07-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Socs5199

Quote:
I'm in section 101 row 8 and love the seats. Never any problems of people standing up and getting in your way. Great way to get you foot in the door.

Old
07-17-2014, 01:01 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017

vCash: 50
OT - I got a couple of courtside seats for my wife & daughter to a WNBA game, and just FYI the delta club does NOT work the same way at all as the Rangers/Knicks. No free food, you have to pay for everything - total bust. The only thing they do is add 10 to 25 bucks credit on your ticket barcode so that can cover a piece of chicken and a coke (just a hot dog was like $6.50)

Old
07-17-2014, 01:57 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
OT - I got a couple of courtside seats for my wife & daughter to a WNBA game, and just FYI the delta club does NOT work the same way at all as the Rangers/Knicks. No free food, you have to pay for everything - total bust. The only thing they do is add 10 to 25 bucks credit on your ticket barcode so that can cover a piece of chicken and a coke (just a hot dog was like $6.50)
I was at the WWE show on Saturday, they raised the prices on concessions. Footlong is $7 now while a hot dog was $6.50. I'm pretty sure it was $6.25 and $5.75 IIRC for each of them.

Old
07-18-2014, 08:40 PM
bd8263

split tickets

does anyone know of someone looking to split a season ticket package? I normally buy a bunch (10-15) of games on stubhub but this year I figured it would just easier for me to split season tix and that way I wouldn't get screwed paying crazy prices again when playoffs come around like I did this year. If anyone's got an info that may be helpful to me feel free to dm me.

Old
07-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd8263 View Post
does anyone know of someone looking to split a season ticket package? I normally buy a bunch (10-15) of games on stubhub but this year I figured it would just easier for me to split season tix and that way I wouldn't get screwed paying crazy prices again when playoffs come around like I did this year. If anyone's got an info that may be helpful to me feel free to dm me.
I have talked to a few STHs and they all seem on the fence about this including myself. I think you will find a taker once the season gets close. Just remember the individual game price is for full seasons. The Rangers actually have a face value price for 10 game packages which are not that much more than the full season price. The only problem is that there are so few 10 game packages left in the upper. I wish you luck and am confident you will find someone interested.

Old
07-19-2014, 11:54 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
I have talked to a few STHs and they all seem on the fence about this including myself. I think you will find a taker once the season gets close. Just remember the individual game price is for full seasons. The Rangers actually have a face value price for 10 game packages which are not that much more than the full season price. The only problem is that there are so few 10 game packages left in the upper. I wish you luck and am confident you will find someone interested.
I agree. I'm usually pretty cool about just letting someone have a chunk of games at face, but less so if it includes the playoffs. I'd rather just sell them onsies twosies and not have to worry about it.

Old
07-19-2014, 05:47 PM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
I agree. I'm usually pretty cool about just letting someone have a chunk of games at face, but less so if it includes the playoffs. I'd rather just sell them onsies twosies and not have to worry about it.
Don't blame you. I am buying over 10 games from someone and not getiing, nor did I ask for, post-season. I am getting games that I want at STH pricing, which is good enough for me. I would think perhaps someone with lower bowl tickets might be willing to do this, but would be surprised if anyone with the cheaper upper bowl tix would have interest.

Old
07-20-2014, 08:29 AM
patnyrnyg

Have to agree. If you are looking to get a package and something for the play-offs, you are going to have a hard time. Right now, sth's can get a premium on most regular season games, so at the very least take a package of just regular season if you can get for face and save some $. If you want specific games, or you getting play-off tickets or not is a deal-breaker, then you may be stuck with the ticketexchange (or whatever it is called) and/or stubhub. On the otherhand, it can't hurt to ask. Like lhg said above, you might be able to find a lower bowl person willing to do it, but those tickets are a lot more expensive.

Old
07-20-2014, 09:55 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Have to agree. If you are looking to get a package and something for the play-offs, you are going to have a hard time. Right now, sth's can get a premium on most regular season games, so at the very least take a package of just regular season if you can get for face and save some $. If you want specific games, or you getting play-off tickets or not is a deal-breaker, then you may be stuck with the ticketexchange (or whatever it is called) and/or stubhub. On the otherhand, it can't hurt to ask. Like lhg said above, you might be able to find a lower bowl person willing to do it, but those tickets are a lot more expensive.
That being said, after some though, I would break up the season into four packages of 10 games starting with the second game and alternating by 4 and selling them at the STH price + the average of the preseason built in and not include the playoffs if anyone is interested. I'm not 100% on board, but if I can find 4 people in the next few weeks before I start breaking it up, I would seriously consider it.

Old
07-20-2014, 10:41 AM
sbjnyc

The Jets recently sent an email to STHs that there will be no more paper tickets. We will get a card for each seat and have to bring the cards to get in. The only way to sell/forward tickets is through the nfl ticket exchange. You can still make pdfs to sell via stubhub.

Anyone think that this may be the future for the rangers or even all sporting events? I believe this is more common overseas for soccer clubs.

The cynic in me believes the purpose is at least in part to bring more business to the ticket exchange as IMO more nfl tix are sold via stubhub.

Old
07-20-2014, 11:03 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
The Jets recently sent an email to STHs that there will be no more paper tickets. We will get a card for each seat and have to bring the cards to get in. The only way to sell/forward tickets is through the nfl ticket exchange. You can still make pdfs to sell via stubhub.

Anyone think that this may be the future for the rangers or even all sporting events? I believe this is more common overseas for soccer clubs.

The cynic in me believes the purpose is at least in part to bring more business to the ticket exchange as IMO more nfl tix are sold via stubhub.
I spoke to one of the reps this season about how MSG no longer offers pick up at the box office. I figured after the renovations, that option would be back. Apparently, paying for an extra union guy to work and hand out tickets is more expensive than mailing them. He also told me that the Knicks had a pretty high number of people that switched to all digital, but the Rangers had a very small percentage. I personally, never use the paper tickets, but I keep my books pristine. He echoed that most hockey fans do the same thing.

I hope they don't do go the paperless route, as the stubs are great keepsakes.

Old
07-20-2014, 12:35 PM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

I think it is inevitable. It is just a matter of when. There is no point to the paper tickets, other than being souvenirs. Teams will not care about that, they will just consider cost and efficiency.

Old
07-20-2014, 09:22 PM
broadwayblue

For some reason I thought there was a law in NY about requiring paper tickets. Perhaps I'm confusing it with something else.

Old
07-20-2014, 09:23 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post

I hope they don't do go the paperless route, as the stubs are great keepsakes.
They are cool to have. But really, what do you do with a book of x tickets for 41 games? I collect too much crap as it is. lol If they switch to all digital I'll have less stuff collecting dust.

Old
07-20-2014, 09:27 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
For some reason I thought there was a law in NY about requiring paper tickets. Perhaps I'm confusing it with something else.
I think the law is not so much against paperless tickets but non-transferrable paperless tickets.

Old
07-20-2014, 09:43 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
I think the law is not so much against paperless tickets but non-transferrable paperless tickets.
Gotcha, so they can go digital only as long as they provide a way to transfer them. Makes sense. Guess those days are inevitable. Kind of sad though as receiving the ticket package in the mail makes the beginning of the new season more real...even if I never use them.

Closed Thread