HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Cygnus 2112

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Probably. I hated my seats. So did my friend to my right. We thought about just trying to move to a back row so we could stand, but were afraid of how the bridge would obstruct our view. So we held them for another season. We bought barstools for a game in December off stubhub and loved them. Started bothering my rep the next day about moving up there permanently. When my time for relocation started, I called her and she had one set of four.

Originally, she did say that most were sold as partials this past season. Another rep had told me that at first nobody wanted the barstools.
Very cool. I aspire to get the bar stools as a STH one day....but first I must become a STH, lol. How long will I need to suffer expensive/poor seat choices before I can relocate to more reasonable accomodations? (I know that depends on availability based on all the veterans in front of me but I'm trying to gauge when I should pull the trigger.....with 2 young kids getting to 21 games/year can be tricky)

Old
08-08-2014, 12:04 PM
patnyrnyg

All depends on how well the team does and the market for tix.I got on the waiting list Presidents Day 1997. I was offered tickets just after Labor Day 1998. if the secondary market tanks or just no longer profitable then you will see people drop tickets. Could be a Year or two. Could be 10 years.

Old
08-08-2014, 12:13 PM
rambler725

Sorry if i skipped it in previous posts but how much are the 300 level bar stool seats for mini plans and for full time season ticket holdes.. I am in 211 and love it but love the bridge to for the space and view ..it it just too cold up there...one thing I noticed is how clear the sound travels to the bridge...at first i thought there were speakers up there :-)

Old
08-08-2014, 12:15 PM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck27 View Post
Thanks for the response. That is way out of my price range for a half season but sounds like you made out alright. I have no seniority since I'm a new partial plan purchaser so looks like I won't have great choices. At least I can temper my expectations.
I sell a bunch of games. On top of that, I sold Game 4 to the finals last year, paid for one full seat for half season this year (2K).

Quote:
All depends on how well the team does and the market for tix.I got on the waiting list Presidents Day 1997. I was offered tickets just after Labor Day 1998. if the secondary market tanks or just no longer profitable then you will see people drop tickets. Could be a Year or two. Could be 10 years.
Waiting doesn't do anyone any good. The best way to do it is to call and get introduced to a rep. Create a relationship. Once you do that, you can either go for a 10 game mini or a half season, if they have that available. That will make you a priority for full-season and half season/mini-plans. Putting your name on the list and waiting for a call is never the way I do anything.

I had season tickets from 2004 - 2010, then took 2 years off for college. Didn't get the same rep as they had left when I called back to get tickets again. I got them immediately and called in September. Started with a 10 game, got into a full season and now took a step back to the half to move upstairs, since I didn't like the views from the lower bowl, nor the prices.

Old
08-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Cygnus 2112

I'm in my 3rd season as a half-season subscriber....my rep offered me full season options again in July but I passed again. I suppose I'm better off than a newbie as I get offered the chance for fulls....part of me thinks I should sign up next time to start the process of earning tenure as a STH.

Old
08-08-2014, 05:28 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I sell a bunch of games. On top of that, I sold Game 4 to the finals last year, paid for one full seat for half season this year (2K).

Waiting doesn't do anyone any good. The best way to do it is to call and get introduced to a rep. Create a relationship. Once you do that, you can either go for a 10 game mini or a half season, if they have that available. That will make you a priority for full-season and half season/mini-plans. Putting your name on the list and waiting for a call is never the way I do anything.

I had season tickets from 2004 - 2010, then took 2 years off for college. Didn't get the same rep as they had left when I called back to get tickets again. I got them immediately and called in September. Started with a 10 game, got into a full season and now took a step back to the half to move upstairs, since I didn't like the views from the lower bowl, nor the prices.
That is all well and good, but if there is very little turnover, the chances of anyone getting seats (especially in the upper bowl) are slim regardless of how much you hound your rep. Secondly, if you read what the post to which I was responding, he already has a mini-plan

Old
08-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus 2112 View Post
I'm in my 3rd season as a half-season subscriber....my rep offered me full season options again in July but I passed again. I suppose I'm better off than a newbie as I get offered the chance for fulls....part of me thinks I should sign up next time to start the process of earning tenure as a STH.
Now is the time to jump at full seasons if you can afford it!

Old
08-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus 2112 View Post
Now is a good time to jump in, coming off of the finals run the market for tickets should be very good. You will be able to get some money back since you will probably have to start in the expensive lowers. You shouldnt have a problem moving into the 200's next year but probably not uppers.

Old
08-09-2014, 09:27 AM
AHB*

Quote:
That is all well and good, but if there is very little turnover, the chances of anyone getting seats (especially in the upper bowl) are slim regardless of how much you hound your rep. Secondly, if you read what the post to which I was responding, he already has a mini-plan
This is just completely untrue. I know this from experience. If you're a jerk, you won't get them. I built a good relationship with my new rep, went from 10 in lower, to season in lower, to uppers half season. There's always turnover almost every season. Something like 20-30% is the average for almost every franchise (obviously it fluctuates). But there's no way it's like 5% each year. That's lunacy. Especially with the constant price hikes.

I also had multiple options for seating throughout the stadium during each year. There are always things available.

Last season I moved to the center ice, uppers for the full playoffs. The only issue I've ever had was trying to move to a full in the 200's this year. They said they only had Half Season's there, so that's why I downgraded. I prefer being in the Upper tier and it's much more affordable for me anyway. Regular season is frankly semantics anyway.

Old
08-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
This is just completely untrue. I know this from experience. If you're a jerk, you won't get them. I built a good relationship with my new rep, went from 10 in lower, to season in lower, to uppers half season.

I also had multiple options for seating throughout the stadium during each transition. There are always things available.

Also, I moved to the center ice, uppers for the full playoffs last season. The only issue I've ever had was trying to move to a full in the 200's this year. They said they only had Half Season's there, so that's why I downgraded. I prefer being in the Upper tier and it's much more affordable for me anyway. Regular season is frankly semantics anyway.
I had this discussion on the Boards several years ago and stated the same thing. The reps have a decent amount of discretion and if given the choice of offering full Seasons in the upper bowl they will always give preference to someone they have a good relationship with. Most of the reps are way underpaid and appreciate a customer that treats them well and will reciprocate if given the chance.

Old
08-09-2014, 09:49 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
I had this discussion on the Boards several years ago and stated the same thing. The reps have a decent amount of discretion and if given the choice of offering full Seasons in the upper bowl they will always give preference to someone they have a good relationship with. Most of the reps are way underpaid and appreciate a customer that treats them well and will reciprocate if given the chance.
Yea, I mean I have a very close relationship with mine. I'd consider it closer to friends then a business relationship. But that respect has to go both ways and is built over time. You can't just call and expect them to give you a ton of time on days that are crazy (first day of season ticket sales/playoff packages, etc.). I call over the summer to check in and shoot the **** for hours at a time. Sometimes I"ll even just shoot a text or email on the crazy days about the options for me. It makes it a lot easier for them and the last thing I want to do is make myself a hassle. It's not an easy job at all. I also know they are treated like dicks by a lot of customers.

Old
08-09-2014, 12:15 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
This is just completely untrue. I know this from experience. If you're a jerk, you won't get them. I built a good relationship with my new rep, went from 10 in lower, to season in lower, to uppers half season. There's always turnover almost every season. Something like 20-30% is the average for almost every franchise (obviously it fluctuates). But there's no way it's like 5% each year. That's lunacy. Especially with the constant price hikes.

I also had multiple options for seating throughout the stadium during each year. There are always things available.

Last season I moved to the center ice, uppers for the full playoffs. The only issue I've ever had was trying to move to a full in the 200's this year. They said they only had Half Season's there, so that's why I downgraded. I prefer being in the Upper tier and it's much more affordable for me anyway. Regular season is frankly semantics anyway.
its not lunacy. upper bowl renewal rate was over 95% this off season. typically is around 90%.

Old
08-09-2014, 12:52 PM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
its not lunacy. upper bowl renewal rate was over 95% this off season. typically is around 90%.
He was referring to overall renewal, which I am sure was not anywhere near 95% overall.

In addition, we're coming off a SCF appearance, so those numbers are clearly skewed for this season.

Obviously a newcomer is not going to get seats in the upper bowl in their first year. I never said that and I would never give advice to someone like that. It's unrealistic. I know because I tried to do that and was turned down 3 years ago. I also tried last year and tried again this year.

What I said was, it's absolutely possible to work your way into a full season, but you have to earn your credentials. Over the course of a few years, you will get options that you like as long as you're not an *******. And I furthermore made it clear that you will have to do a large package or full season in the lower bowls for at least one year. I literally went through these scenarios over the past three seasons.....

Did you completely skip the part in my post where I said that i WASN'T offered a full season in the upper bowl this season even though I asked?

Old
08-09-2014, 03:08 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
In addition, we're coming off a SCF appearance, so those numbers are clearly skewed for this season.
Not disagreeing with anything you said, but this years renewal rate has nothing to do with the SCF appearance, since renewals were due way before the playoffs even started. The SCF appearance will have an effect on next year's renewal rate.

Old
08-10-2014, 06:34 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
He was referring to overall renewal, which I am sure was not anywhere near 95% overall.

Obviously a newcomer is not going to get seats in the upper bowl in their first year. I never said that and I would never give advice to someone like that. It's unrealistic. I know because I tried to do that and was turned down 3 years ago. I also tried last year and tried again this year.

What I said was, it's absolutely possible to work your way into a full season, but you have to earn your credentials. Over the course of a few years, you will get options that you like as long as you're not an *******. And I furthermore made it clear that you will have to do a large package or full season in the lower bowls for at least one year. I literally went through these scenarios over the past three seasons.....

Did you completely skip the part in my post where I said that i WASN'T offered a full season in the upper bowl this season even though I asked?
The person to whom I was responding said he wants to get into the 200 level barstools. Then he said, "How long will I need to suffer expensive/poor seat choices before I can relocate to more reasonable accomodations?" If the team continues to make the play-offs, it won't matter how much your rep likes you. If the seats continue to get renewed, there won't be anything your rep can do. Especially in the 200 level barstools, where there are only about 80 seats.

Old
08-10-2014, 12:53 PM
AHB*

Quote:
The person to whom I was responding said he wants to get into the 200 level barstools. Then he said, "How long will I need to suffer expensive/poor seat choices before I can relocate to more reasonable accomodations?" If the team continues to make the play-offs, it won't matter how much your rep likes you. If the seats continue to get renewed, there won't be anything your rep can do. Especially in the 200 level barstools, where there are only about 80 seats.
Yes and I was replying and agreeing that you'll need to work your way up. Look this has been beaten to death. I think we can all agree, you're going to have to eat **** for a few years and spend money you don't want to spend to get tickets in the 200's. It took me 3 seasons and I still can't even get a full season up there.

Unless the Rangers completely **** the bed, you have to pay your dues. And for the barstools, even more so.

Old
08-11-2014, 11:35 AM
negipai98

Anyone have any thoughts on 205 row 1? I'm not a fan of the gallery seats because of the height of the TV and glass, but these (behind the goal) look like the TV is lower and the glass does not exists. Being offered a 1/2 plan there but am very skeptical given my general aversion to those seats in other locations.

Thx!

Old
08-11-2014, 06:22 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by negipai98 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on 205 row 1? I'm not a fan of the gallery seats because of the height of the TV and glass, but these (behind the goal) look like the TV is lower and the glass does not exists. Being offered a 1/2 plan there but am very skeptical given my general aversion to those seats in other locations.

Thx!
Not sure that the TV is any lower, but it may feel that way because of the different perspective you get sitting at the end. Pretty sure the glass exists as well.

Old
08-12-2014, 07:53 AM
AHB*

Does anyone know when individual tickets go on sale? Is it the same date for every team in the league? I'm looking to buy some games from other teams and just want to be on top of it.

I see pre-season games hit many individual markets, but it doesn't seem that regular season have yet.

Old
08-12-2014, 08:57 AM
patnyrnyg

I haven't seen anything about a league-wide onsale date. They had it for a few years after the 2005 lockout, but I think it has died out. Rangers is generally around September 15th.

Old
08-12-2014, 10:02 AM
AHB*

Quote:
I haven't seen anything about a league-wide onsale date. They had it for a few years after the 2005 lockout, but I think it has died out. Rangers is generally around September 15th.
Gotcha. I assume other teams will be beginning/mid-september then also. I can't imagine it differs too much.

Old
08-12-2014, 11:13 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Gotcha. I assume other teams will be beginning/mid-september then also. I can't imagine it differs too much.
I'd check to make sure. I know the Capitals put tickets on sale at the end of June.

08-12-2014, 11:23 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'd check to make sure. I know the Capitals put tickets on sale at the end of June.
I don't understand why more teams don't do this. I realize you have your constant sellouts like Chicago, NYR, etc, where you try to lure the STH/Partials first, but for teams that don't sell out and even struggle with attendance, why wouldn't you put them out there asap?

Old
08-12-2014, 01:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Friend of mine called and asked what seasons and half season plans they have price wise and the cheapest they have is $293 which would mean club blue. Past couple of seasons you'd be able to get full seasons behind the goals in the 100's but I guess everyone jumped on the bandwagon after the Cup run.

Old
08-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Cygnus 2112

Whoa. I was offered one of the first rows in the 200's in July ($139 each....) I guess it pays to get called early.

Closed Thread