HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-19-2014, 05:30 PM
  #776
sbjnyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I don't have any other charges and I always do E-Tickets so no shipping charges. The only thing I have is the tickets charge. I"ve never done installments and averaged out over three installments, the payment was somewhat less then it should have been.
So I just looked at my invoice (which includes the $25 shipping charge) and despite what I wrote I'm paying the same each month except for a bit extra the last month (I chose the 9 month plan).

sbjnyc is offline  
Old
08-20-2014, 09:21 AM
  #777
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
So I just looked at my invoice (which includes the $25 shipping charge) and despite what I wrote I'm paying the same each month except for a bit extra the last month (I chose the 9 month plan).
Half season doesn't have a 9 month option.

AHB* is offline  
Old
08-20-2014, 12:04 PM
  #778
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,998
vCash: 50
The Rangers dynamic pricing algorithms are seriously FUBARed. Just took a peak at the preseason and row 7 of section 420 is priced at $109+FEES

lol (these are $39 STH price tix for regular season)

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
08-20-2014, 12:06 PM
  #779
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The Rangers dynamic pricing algorithms are seriously FUBARed. Just took a peak at the preseason and row 7 of section 420 is prices at $109+FEES

lol (these are $39 STH price tix for regular season)
Yet, rows 1-5 are are $56 + fees

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
08-20-2014, 12:07 PM
  #780
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The Rangers dynamic pricing algorithms are seriously FUBARed. Just took a peak at the preseason and row 7 of section 420 is prices at $109+FEES

lol (these are $39 STH price tix for regular season)
They are going to murder the market this year. I can't wait to see the prices on the regular season seats for those.

Good for us who are sellers, bad for everyone else and potentially crippling for attendance.

One things for sure though, the Garden will only continue to be more watered down.

Also, hilarious to think of where we were a few months ago in the madness of SCF tickets and now back to this.


Last edited by AHB*: 08-20-2014 at 12:48 PM.
AHB* is offline  
Old
08-20-2014, 12:45 PM
  #781
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
For ***** and giggles I looked at the Islanders STH prices. To be in their "Elite Club" you have to buy in the top two tiers. 100/Game and 123/Game. Unreal haha.

AHB* is offline  
Old
08-20-2014, 10:44 PM
  #782
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
I have been working with Algo's, adjusting each seat in the Garden to it's proper value, relative to all the other seats while fooling around with starting time with regard to opponent and day of the wk thrown into the mix. I ran regressions while consulting other sales sites all trying to come up with the proper valuation for each Ranger exhibition game.

My wife said, "forget it. I'm listing them on Stubhub for approx 50% off face".

I think she's right.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
08-25-2014, 12:49 AM
  #783
griz1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Between StubHub and TM+ which have you had more success selling your tickets on? Which do you prefer?

Last year it seemed that TM+ fees (when tickets were sold through the Rangers Account Manager) were really high compared to SH. So I just used SH.

griz1 is offline  
Old
08-25-2014, 10:51 AM
  #784
Cygnus 2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
The Rangers ticket exchange is the most convenient. I was in Walt Disney World during the latter part of the ECF and had to sell my Game 6 tickets. (It still hurts). I had like a day and a half...the listing there sold first and I had to do nothing after posting. The tickets were sent to the buyer, money went into my account. Which made things a bit easier- no uploading PDF's for a Craigslist buyer etc. while trying to get on the Seven Dwarves' Mine Train lol.

Cygnus 2112 is offline  
Old
08-26-2014, 03:07 PM
  #785
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,998
vCash: 50
OT: FYI, there's an annoying right column that shows up on this site now on many pages. If you're using the chrome browser, add a bookmark on the bookmark bar then edit the URL to:

javascript:$( ".page > div > table > tbody > tr > td > table > tbody > tr > td" ).remove();

When you click on the bookmark, it will delete that column

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
08-27-2014, 06:07 PM
  #786
Tikkanese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Seat Selection and Relocation

It's been a long, busy summer at work so I think I missed it, but can someone confirm when the upgrade/relocation period was this year?

Tikkanese is offline  
Old
08-27-2014, 10:32 PM
  #787
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanese View Post
It's been a long, busy summer at work so I think I missed it, but can someone confirm when the upgrade/relocation period was this year?
Late June and early July.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-28-2014, 11:05 AM
  #788
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Stepan Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Might sound like a silly question, but what's the best way to start a conversation with a rep about acquiring season tickets in the future? I e-mailed seasonsubscriptions@msg.com around 2 weeks ago asking for information about how I would go about becoming a first time STH or half-season ticket holder for the 15-16 season, and nobody has gotten back to me. Are they just ignoring my e-mail because I'm asking about next season too early? Is e-mail not the best way to get in contact with a rep? Any information would be appreciated, thanks!

Stepan Glass is offline  
Old
08-28-2014, 11:16 AM
  #789
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,998
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyle2boyle View Post
Might sound like a silly question, but what's the best way to start a conversation with a rep about acquiring season tickets in the future? I e-mailed seasonsubscriptions@msg.com around 2 weeks ago asking for information about how I would go about becoming a first time STH or half-season ticket holder for the 15-16 season, and nobody has gotten back to me. Are they just ignoring my e-mail because I'm asking about next season too early? Is e-mail not the best way to get in contact with a rep? Any information would be appreciated, thanks!
Just pick a random rep every day until one calls you back:
https://www.nyrsubcentral.com/contact-us

You should get an answer pretty fast

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
08-28-2014, 12:04 PM
  #790
bklyn8
Registered User
 
bklyn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
I just purchased 2 full season tickets in Section 109, Row 10 at $180/ticket. I intend to attend about 25 games. Any thoughts on how much loss per ticket I can expect for some of the weaker games? Thanks.

bklyn8 is offline  
Old
08-28-2014, 01:10 PM
  #791
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,998
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn8 View Post
I just purchased 2 full season tickets in Section 109, Row 10 at $180/ticket. I intend to attend about 25 games. Any thoughts on how much loss per ticket I can expect for some of the weaker games? Thanks.
great seats! you did well value wise as a lower bowl STH, that's at the price break before $293 a couple rows down, or $314 one section over. That being said, it's really hard to make your money back on those if you don't have a network of buyers. With fees on stubhub or the ticket exchange, buyers have to shell out anywhere from $220 to $235 for you to break even - that is not going to happen on Mondays against Nashville

It all comes down to which games you're selling. If you plan on selling only the dogs, make sure you sell early and I would highly recommend being realistic with your prices and selling on here and craigslist. If you play it right the most you should lose on any game is about $80 per ticket (look at that as your worst case scenario). You should probably be pushing to get $125-$150 for all the worst games


Last edited by GordonGecko: 08-28-2014 at 01:16 PM.
GordonGecko is offline  
Old
08-28-2014, 04:27 PM
  #792
griz1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn8 View Post
I just purchased 2 full season tickets in Section 109, Row 10 at $180/ticket. I intend to attend about 25 games. Any thoughts on how much loss per ticket I can expect for some of the weaker games? Thanks.
Those really are great seats. Gordon is spot on, though, about re-sale.

As long as you are planning to use most of the tickets yourself, you won't loose too much.

I had seats in 105, row 13, 2 rows off the aisle next to 106 (Club Gold). I didn't use those seats at all during the regular season last year (I split tickets with someone else who was in the first row of 105). I was down about $6,000 on my row 13s and didn't break even until the SCF (I ended up sitting in those seats for some of the playoff games).

Your seats are better because Rangers shoot twice and they're a little lower, but MSG has them priced just about at market value, which means unless you can sell your tickets without SH or TM fees, you will take a bit of a hit.

Just to give you an example, opening night last year (v. Montreal) I sold my tickets on SH and made $1.95 per ticket profit!

Just go in with your eyes open, be realistic with the prices you set, and enjoy the view.

griz1 is offline  
Old
08-28-2014, 05:22 PM
  #793
bklyn8
Registered User
 
bklyn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by griz1 View Post
Those really are great seats. Gordon is spot on, though, about re-sale.

As long as you are planning to use most of the tickets yourself, you won't loose too much.

I had seats in 105, row 13, 2 rows off the aisle next to 106 (Club Gold). I didn't use those seats at all during the regular season last year (I split tickets with someone else who was in the first row of 105). I was down about $6,000 on my row 13s and didn't break even until the SCF (I ended up sitting in those seats for some of the playoff games).

Your seats are better because Rangers shoot twice and they're a little lower, but MSG has them priced just about at market value, which means unless you can sell your tickets without SH or TM fees, you will take a bit of a hit.

Just to give you an example, opening night last year (v. Montreal) I sold my tickets on SH and made $1.95 per ticket profit!

Just go in with your eyes open, be realistic with the prices you set, and enjoy the view.
How many seats did you have? $6,000 on 2 seats is a huge hit.

bklyn8 is offline  
Old
08-28-2014, 06:37 PM
  #794
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn8 View Post
I just purchased 2 full season tickets in Section 109, Row 10 at $180/ticket. I intend to attend about 25 games. Any thoughts on how much loss per ticket I can expect for some of the weaker games? Thanks.
Great Seats. Welcome as a STH you wont regret it!

Giacomin is offline  
Old
08-29-2014, 11:55 AM
  #795
griz1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn8 View Post
How many seats did you have? $6,000 on 2 seats is a huge hit.
Sorry -- I had four seats.

griz1 is offline  
Old
08-29-2014, 11:59 AM
  #796
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Like GG said, you can't look at selling tickets as breaking even. You'll sell some above face value and some below face value. Personally, I've been going to games for so many years that I like to sell the premium games because I don't really care about seeing the Devils play the Rangers anymore in person. Also, weekend games I love selling because I don't live in the city and they always go for higher premiums then weekday games. I also can't stand the child circus that the Garden goes into for those games.

IMO, it's all about the playoffs. I like going to regular season games but it's almost a leisure activity because I've been going pretty much my whole life. But as a new STH I understand the want to go to a lot of the premium games. In that case, what GG said in regards to taking "hits" on some games is fine. If you get 130 a seat, that's still $260 back in your pocket and negated from your total cost.

AHB* is offline  
Old
08-29-2014, 07:35 PM
  #797
negipai98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn8 View Post
I just purchased 2 full season tickets in Section 109, Row 10 at $180/ticket. I intend to attend about 25 games. Any thoughts on how much loss per ticket I can expect for some of the weaker games? Thanks.
Would be interesting to compare notes. I just got 2 tix in 120 row 13 for $180, right on the aisle close to 119. I have a decent network to sell the average games to, and plan on selling pretty much all the premium games. I'm ok taking a small hit - which is what I expect - but we'll see. Good luck.

negipai98 is offline  
Old
08-30-2014, 11:27 PM
  #798
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,998
vCash: 50
Lots of demand from everyone so far for rangers tickets this year, what I'm surprised at though is zero demand for the Lightning games. I realize they're on Mondays, but Cally coming back, brian boyle, and stralman - I 'm confused why more people aren't clamoring to go to see them. That's one of my top games to go this year (next to Kings and Canadiens)

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
08-30-2014, 11:41 PM
  #799
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Lots of demand from everyone so far for rangers tickets this year, what I'm surprised at though is zero demand for the Lightning games. I realize they're on Mondays, but Cally coming back, brian boyle, and stralman - I 'm confused why more people aren't clamoring to go to see them. That's one of my top games to go this year (next to Kings and Canadiens)
That will be a much hotter ticket once the season starts.

Giacomin is offline  
Old
08-31-2014, 07:02 AM
  #800
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Lots of demand from everyone so far for rangers tickets this year, what I'm surprised at though is zero demand for the Lightning games. I realize they're on Mondays, but Cally coming back, brian boyle, and stralman - I 'm confused why more people aren't clamoring to go to see them. That's one of my top games to go this year (next to Kings and Canadiens)
It is still the Lightning.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.