HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2014, 07:15 PM
  #76
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,474
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Can we use the relocation tool to also downgrade? Or do special arrangements have to be made like last year.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions
2014-2015 Metropolitan Division Champions
NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 07:22 PM
  #77
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts88 View Post
Can we use the relocation tool to also downgrade? Or do special arrangements have to be made like last year.
Rumor was that this year they were allowing upgrades AND downgrades. If so, I'd imagine both would work through the virtual seat selector.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 01:08 PM
  #78
Rangers2319
Registered User
 
Rangers2319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 979
vCash: 1039
Anyone here thought of flying out?

Lots of things have to happen but lets say we play chicago, and they are leading the series 3-2 how many of you would sell game 6, then use proceeds to fly to Chicago for game 7?

Flights wed into thurs are $225 round trip leave at 5am next day so hell with a hotel room just sleep in airport. Tickets about $1000 each into united center. Shouldnt be hard to sell a pair of game 6 tickets for $3000 total. Object is to see them lift the trophy. I couldn't go to game 6 with the chance of tying it up or seeing chicago winning it.

I know alot has to happen for this to come to fruition but anyone have a similar idea?

Rangers2319 is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 02:03 PM
  #79
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
Anyone here thought of flying out?

Lots of things have to happen but lets say we play chicago, and they are leading the series 3-2 how many of you would sell game 6, then use proceeds to fly to Chicago for game 7?

Flights wed into thurs are $225 round trip leave at 5am next day so hell with a hotel room just sleep in airport. Tickets about $1000 each into united center. Shouldnt be hard to sell a pair of game 6 tickets for $3000 total. Object is to see them lift the trophy. I couldn't go to game 6 with the chance of tying it up or seeing chicago winning it.

I know alot has to happen for this to come to fruition but anyone have a similar idea?
I am buying game 7 tickets when the outcome of the game is decided. Trip would be way cheaper than going to a game here in NYC

CJCNYR is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 02:24 PM
  #80
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
Anyone here thought of flying out?

Lots of things have to happen but lets say we play chicago, and they are leading the series 3-2 how many of you would sell game 6, then use proceeds to fly to Chicago for game 7?

Flights wed into thurs are $225 round trip leave at 5am next day so hell with a hotel room just sleep in airport. Tickets about $1000 each into united center. Shouldnt be hard to sell a pair of game 6 tickets for $3000 total. Object is to see them lift the trophy. I couldn't go to game 6 with the chance of tying it up or seeing chicago winning it.

I know alot has to happen for this to come to fruition but anyone have a similar idea?
Yes, I'm certainly thinking about doing this. If it happens, we should get a group together.

AHB* is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 02:25 PM
  #81
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Yes, I'm certainly thinking about doing this. If it happens, we should get a group together.
Anyone see any dates about when Chicago or LA tickets go on sale? Don't imagine any time has been released yet with game 7 tonight anyway.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
06-01-2014, 02:27 PM
  #82
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Anyone see any dates about when Chicago or LA tickets go on sale? Don't imagine any time has been released yet with game 7 tonight anyway.
I didn't see anything. I assume it will go out tonight. I'm def going to try and buy them at face, but I'm assuming that will be damn near impossible.

AHB* is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 07:22 PM
  #83
Rangers2319
Registered User
 
Rangers2319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 979
vCash: 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Yes, I'm certainly thinking about doing this. If it happens, we should get a group together.


don't think its worth it vs LA, flights are in mid 500s

Rangers2319 is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:06 PM
  #84
SA16
Sixstring
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 3,801
vCash: 500
I understand it's hard to get in as a new season ticket holder somewhere decent in the 200's if you want a pair or something. If I'm just looking for 1 ticket is that something that's usually doable?

SA16 is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
  #85
GordonGecko
Registered User
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post


don't think its worth it vs LA, flights are in mid 500s
I have plenty of airmiles, the game could be in Bali and the flight would be free for me. All comes down to what game tickets I can get

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:21 PM
  #86
Nash Money
Registered User
 
Nash Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCNYR View Post
I am buying game 7 tickets when the outcome of the game is decided. Trip would be way cheaper than going to a game here in NYC
Might be smart to buy before the outcome. I assume you'd get a full refund if that team doesn't win.

Nash Money is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:24 PM
  #87
GordonGecko
Registered User
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
Might be smart to buy before the outcome. I assume you'd get a full refund if that team doesn't win.
that ship sailed a while ago, prices have doubled in the past couple weeks

but that's not to say they won't go up even more

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:26 PM
  #88
McD27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
Might be smart to buy before the outcome. I assume you'd get a full refund if that team doesn't win.
I think so. I bought a pair a couple of weeks ago for game 7 at staples center in section Premier 1 for $1k each and they are much higher now. I looked at tix fir the madhouse too but they were much much higher.

McD27 is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:46 PM
  #89
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post


don't think its worth it vs LA, flights are in mid 500s
I'll see how it works out. I'm undecided and will be until the last minute or so. If it shakes out and we are down in the series 3-2, I will sell Game 6 and flip it into tickets for Game 7.

The flight I'll pay out of pocket. I don't give a ****. I want to be there.

The only way I might not go to a Game 7 is if we are up 3-2 in the series and lose Game 6. Because then it will be 1000's out of pocket probably.

AHB* is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:49 PM
  #90
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
that ship sailed a while ago, prices have doubled in the past couple weeks

but that's not to say they won't go up even more
Do you have any Game 7 tickets? Also, what do you think about the chances I could get a single when they go on sale for whatever team makes it?

AHB* is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:50 PM
  #91
GordonGecko
Registered User
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Do you have any Game 7 tickets? Also, what do you think about the chances I could get a single when they go on sale for whatever team makes it?
You have a shot like anyone else, and a better shot than at MSG because there's 33% more seats available (4 gm vs 3). Just call up all your family and everyone plug away as soon as they go on sale at XX:00.000

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:56 PM
  #92
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
You have a shot like anyone else, and a better shot than at MSG because there's 33% more seats available (4 gm vs 3). Just call up all your family and everyone plug away as soon as they go on sale at XX:00.000
Will do. Are you planning on buying any? Oh and i meant just for Game 7. I'm not flying back and forth for each game lol.

AHB* is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:58 PM
  #93
GordonGecko
Registered User
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Will do. Are you planning on buying any? Oh and i meant just for Game 7. I'm not flying back and forth for each game lol.
Yeah I'll buy whatever I can, if I don't use I'll flip them.

And if anyone needs to fly out and flights are crazy, I can probably hook you up below market rates with my miles

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 09:06 PM
  #94
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Yeah I'll buy whatever I can, if I don't use I'll flip them.

And if anyone needs to fly out and flights are crazy, I can probably hook you up below market rates with my miles
If we get to that, I'll touch base with you...that would be great. And if you decide to go, maybe we can head over together.

AHB* is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 09:07 PM
  #95
GordonGecko
Registered User
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
If we get to that, I'll touch base with you...that would be great. And if you decide to go, maybe we can head over together.
yeah would be cool to have a bunch of people represent

I'm really hoping though they can play for the win on home ice, lots of hockey ahead. gotta take it one game at a time

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 09:10 PM
  #96
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
yeah would be cool to have a bunch of people represent

I'm really hoping though they can play for the win on home ice, lots of hockey ahead. gotta take it one game at a time
Completely agree. I really don't want to be a solo fan there cheering like nuts haha. Would kill to see it on home ice, but beggars can't be choosers.

We can start a thread if this looks like it might happen and try to get a group to head out there.

AHB* is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
  #97
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,553
vCash: 500
Sucks that a possible game 7 is on a Wednesday night. Just about the worst day of the week for a quick trip to LA.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 10:04 PM
  #98
McD27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Sucks that a possible game 7 is on a Wednesday night. Just about the worst day of the week for a quick trip to LA.
Then hope for chicago

McD27 is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 10:24 PM
  #99
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
Then hope for chicago
Right. duh. considering they were actually winning when I wrote that. lol

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 11:02 PM
  #100
Fforgione
Registered User
 
Fforgione's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
3 more OT's please! I already got myself and 3 other guys going for game 5 & 7 so if theres any group interest I already have 4.

Fforgione is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.