HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

opening lines...

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 07:59 PM
speeds

vCash: 500
opening lines...

not even gonna try to guess D pairings, they could do a bunch of things there that might well make sense.

On forward though, if Smyth stays at C, the lines seem to have remained fairly similar the last few games or so, maybe something like:

Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky/Dvorak
Chimera-York-Dvorak/Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Stoll/Sarno/Horcoff-Laraque

Old
10-04-2003, 08:01 PM
momentai

Yeah, I think that York/Chimera/Hemsky trio is going to get a good shot going into the regular season.

Weren't we all excited that Horcoff could get a second line role this season? Doesn't really look like it at this point.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Lowetide

If Chimera can step up to a 2line position, this team looks pretty good. Smyth/York/Hemsky/Isbister/Dvorak/Chimera in any combination offers good passing skills, tremendous speed and a couple of decent shooters.

Pretty well rounded.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:40 PM
elphy101

I think this will be the Oilers lineup for game one of the regular season next week. This sure gives them an impressive lineup when you consider that Comrie is holding out and yet 2 of Chimera, Horcoff and Stoll will be on the 4th line or in the pressbox.

Isbister Smyth Hemsky
Chimera York Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Torres Horcoff Laraque

Extras, Stoll, Sarno

Brewer Semenov
Smith Staois
Cross Bergeron

Extra Ferguson

Salo
Conklin

Old
10-04-2003, 09:45 PM
fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Yeah, I think that York/Chimera/Hemsky trio is going to get a good shot going into the regular season.

Weren't we all excited that Horcoff could get a second line role this season? Doesn't really look like it at this point.

Not all of us!!!! Nice to see Chimera getting a chance on the 2nd line and you guys were all kidding yourselves about Horcoff. As i said before,he's a very solid 3rd or 4th liner but not a 2nd liner. Just like Reasoner.

Old
10-05-2003, 04:43 AM
Yanner39

Actually, I'm an extremely happy about Chimera. The second line will look great. And from what we've seen with Isbister and Smyth, the first line won't be bad as well.

I still would feel better in Comrie was signed or traded for another centerman. All this could change depending on how Stoll performs but I just don't know how good offensively they are going to be.

I glas Salo seems back to form. I think they are gonna need him.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:59 AM
Hemmer

With Comrie signed:

Smyth - York - Hemsky
Isbister - Comrie - Dvorak
Chimera - Reasoner - Moreau
Torres - Stoll - Laraque
Sarno, Pisani, Horcoff (IR)

Semenov - Brewer
Staios - Smith
Ferguson - Bergeron
Cross

Without Comrie:

Isbister - Smyth - Hemsky
Chimera - York - Dvorak
Moreau - Reasoner - Pisani
Torres - Sarno - Laraque
Stoll, Horcoff (IR)

Semenov - Brewer
Staios - Smith
Ferguson - Bergeron
Cross

The only reason Luoma goes down is because Cross is making too much to play in the AHL. Luoma needs seasoning, but has outplayed Cross so far IMO. When Horc comes back, Stoll goes down to TO to get 1st line minutes.

Old
10-05-2003, 09:18 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I think Chimera is getting to much credit for the last couple of games - he was a benefactor of his linemates IMO
Smyth-York-Hemsky
same line that's played good last couple games except you take out the weakest player (Chimer ISN'T a weak link at all, but not near Smytty)
Isbisiter-Horcoff-Dvorak
pretty obvious with what the first line is.
Moreau-Reasoner-Chimera
slide Chimera over and that'd be one great checking line. He has all the speed and grit to become a top checker in the NHL and score 20-20.
Torres-Sarno/Stoll-Laraque
Bruise Brothers are obvious, and I think which ever needs the most help between the PP or PK and which ever guy is helping their special teams responsibility the most will be in the lineup. Not crazy about haveing Stoll up here though if he isn't going to play a regular job.

Old
10-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Hemmer

The team looks so much stronger on paper with Comrie in the lineup.

Without MC, or the return from him in a deal, the top six has one too many question marks as far as production is concerned. I would love a d-man back in a deal for MC, but I have a feeling that offence will be the priority

Old
10-05-2003, 10:05 AM
serum114

I think we'll break camp with the following lines, however, it is my opinion that Lowe will move Comrie and one of the excess forwards (as much as I hate to say it, likely Rita but I hope it's BG) for a legit top 6 C with some size. Legwand is the one player who comes to mind, but other guys like Langkow or Marleau could fit the bill (not those two in particular, but a player of that ilk).

W/O Comrie:

Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Isbister-York-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Torres (or flip Torres and Moreau, whoever is more comfortable on the RW)
Chimera-Sarno-Laraque

PB: Pisani and Stoll

W/ Comrie's replacement

Smyth-???-Hemsky
Isbister-York-Dvorak
Chimera-Horcoff-Torres
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani

PB: Sarno (Stoll sent down for seasoning, Laraque dealt w/Comrie)

Or something like that...

Closed Thread