HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames vs Oilers; Game night thread - 10/04

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 04:49 PM
momentai

vCash: 500
....and who said Hemsky couldn't score? :p

Old
10-04-2003, 05:12 PM
zoidberg

All Betts are on Blair as the rookie scores. 1-1.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
What happened that MacAmmond got a 4 minute high sticking penalty?

10-04-2003, 05:46 PM
zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
What happened that MacAmmond got a 4 minute high sticking penalty?
He clipped Jisbister - he hasn't returned to the game. :O

Old
10-04-2003, 05:49 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg
He clipped Jisbister - he hasn't returned to the game. :O
Izzy took 17 stitches and is gone for the game.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:51 PM
hunter orange

Oil playing 5 forwards on the PP...

Old
10-04-2003, 06:00 PM
ozzieoiler

My yahoo sports box score says a guy called J.Cierny is playing.

Is this a figment of yahoos imagination????

Old
10-04-2003, 06:05 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieoiler
My yahoo sports box score says a guy called J.Cierny is playing.

Is this a figment of yahoos imagination????
I would say, yes.

Old
10-04-2003, 06:28 PM
zamboni

Iggy scores with seconds left.

2-1 Flames...

Old
10-04-2003, 06:31 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni

2-1 Flames...
Boy Jason Smith. Got to be shaking your head after fanning on that clearing attempt. Conroy stole it and passed it right over to Iginla streaking in on the left side for the one-timer. I don't remember who was supposed to be covering him.. I think it was Sarno that couldn't get back - again, I'm not sure.

Old
10-04-2003, 06:44 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni

2-1 Flames...
Ouch

Captain Jason Smith coughs it up with seconds to go. If this wasn't pre-season, I'd be royally miffed.

Old
10-04-2003, 06:55 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Boy Jason Smith. Got to be shaking your head after fanning on that clearing attempt. Conroy stole it and passed it right over to Iginla streaking in on the left side for the one-timer. I don't remember who was supposed to be covering him.. I think it was Sarno that couldn't get back - again, I'm not sure.
Ya, I felt sorry for him he was having a great game and just fanned on the pass to a turnover and then 2secs later bam game over. Does anyone know when they anounce cuts? I think Sarno is getting cut because of this game he had a lot of bad defensive plays.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:05 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Short Game Report:

BORING BORING BORING

Sloppy game all around, not too many players stood out.

Sarno: Confirmed his position on the team, solid game despite a couple mistakes. Not his fault on the final goal, that was all Smith. Both on the clear, and then missing an easy pass-block.

Rita: Did not play, and now ya know why, he was cut.

Chimera: Good solid game. Liked that he dropped em with Gauthier.

Dvorak: I know he just got back, but Radek is starting to worry me.

Torres: Hit some people, played okay.

Hemsky: Probably not the right 1st star, but that's 3 in a row now. Very nice goal. York should've had the winner on a beauty setup, but he messed it up.

D

Bergeron: Very solid game. Physical and smart play, definately stirred it up tonight.

Luoma and Allen: Both should've been cut after the game, only one was. Allen is a better hockey player at this stage.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:07 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
Captain Jason Smith coughs it up with seconds to go. If this wasn't pre-season, I'd be royally miffed.
It would have been fine if Jason went right after Conroy aggressively after Conroy took the puck... But Jason faded back to the middle of the ice and couldn't decide where to position himself. Conroy had too much room to find the open man and he found him.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:10 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
I thought Dvorak looked fine out there. He went to the front of the net such as on the Luoma shot... and the Laraque chance as he curled from behind the net. He made smart passes with the puck but I think he likes the back pass a little too much.

Dvorak was kind of thrown together with pretty much every line tonight. He was playing with Laraque at one point, and then Hemsky, and then with Stoll. He wasn't bad all things considered.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:11 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Short Game Report:

BORING BORING BORING

Sloppy game all around, not too many players stood out.

Sarno: Confirmed his position on the team, solid game despite a couple mistakes. Not his fault on the final goal, that was all Smith. Both on the clear, and then missing an easy pass-block.

Rita: Did not play, and now ya know why, he was cut.

Chimera: Good solid game. Liked that he dropped em with Gauthier.

Torres: Hit some people, played okay.

Hemsky: Probably not the right 1st star, but that's 3 in a row now. Very nice goal. York should've had the winner on a beauty setup, but he messed it up.

D

Bergeron: Very solid game. Physical and smart play, definately stirred it up tonight.

Luoma and Allen: Both should've been cut after the game, only one was. Allen is a better hockey player at this stage.
I don't know, Dvorak actually made some nice passes and plays. I had no problem with his play tonight. His timing was off a couple of times but I am sure he didn't touch the ice for about a week.

Who picked the three stars tonight? Was it the PPV fans??

Yeah not a great game. Glad to hear Isbister id ok. He was facing the other way from where I sit and I thought he got hit in the eye. Whew!! Still 17 stiches ouch.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:13 PM
FacelessButcher

Dvorak was fine his wife just gave birth plus a 15 hour flight I thought he played quite well, just gave it a good effort tonight and thats all I wanted all things considered.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:14 PM
Yanner39

This is coming from someone who hasn't seen a game of preseason, but Dvo is about 5 games behind everybody...I think he'll be ok this year...

Old
10-04-2003, 07:15 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
Ouch

Ya it's too bad. He really had a strong game until that.

I was really happy with Salo.

Torres continues to impress me. If he can stay healthy he's going to be an effective member of this team. I say "stay healthy" because he such a wrecking ball. If he can only play 60 games (due to various unforseen injurys) like he's doing now I'll be quite happy.

BG had a nice hit after Torres nailed Ference. He had some strong play in the 3rd on one shift too. But other than that........I thought George looked pretty bad.

BG is just too damn big, plain and simple. All players know they are likely taking themselves out of the play when going for the hit. It's how quick you can get back into the play that's important. And cumbersome BG was just a step behind too often for me tonight. I know it's still pre-season but I also feel that this is what we will see again all season too.

They had a wire-less on Moores behind the bench on Oilervision. Pretty funny.......pretty sad. He's giving Stoll advice and Jarret said "but if I did that I would have been at too poor of an angle." Moores replys......"I can't remember the whole play." Earlier he's telling Yorkie he missed a chance to dish to chopper. He had to ask York twice who certain players were on the Oilers that had the puck as they were going over the play. Yorkie did remember who the players were and helped Billy stumble through it. MacT's is in earshot with a blank look on his face. It looked pretty bush.........lol.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:15 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

I'm taking into account all of training camp when I say Radek is starting to worry me. He can really move out there, but only does when he wants to it seems. there's some floating, more than normal, which is a little alarming. Hopefully that'll change in the regular season.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I thought Dvorak looked fine out there. He went to the front of the net such as on the Luoma shot... and the Laraque chance as he curled from behind the net. He made smart passes with the puck but I think he likes the back pass a little too much.

Dvorak was kind of thrown together with pretty much every line tonight. He was playing with Laraque at one point, and then Hemsky, and then with Stoll. He wasn't bad all things considered.
Welcome to Mad Mad Mix Master MacT's matchup mania, hope you enjoyed the show.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:19 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Welcome to Mad Mad Mix Master MacT's matchup mania, hope you enjoyed the show.
I hope it was because of Izzy's departure and not so much MacT's love of the DJs.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:20 PM
TheBrew

Quote:
I'm taking into account all of training camp when I say Radek is starting to worry me. He can really move out there, but only does when he wants to it seems. there's some floating, more than normal, which is a little alarming. Hopefully that'll change in the regular season.
Dvorak had a real good game in vancouver where he hit the post so i think he will be alright

Old
10-04-2003, 07:24 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
The person I noticed floating the most was Torres in the defensive zone I thought he played well and made some nice checks and plays but if anyone was to be considered a floater tonight I would have to say its him

Old
10-04-2003, 07:26 PM
momentai

Anybody notice this in the second intermission?

Craig Simpson was in the booth talking to Kevin Quinn and they were commenting on the bad, bad Luoma pinch in the offensive zone... Simpson kept saying how nice of a play it was that BERGERON blocked the pass.

I kept looking at the play and I am so sure that it was Bobby that blocked that pass attempt. Haha, Allen can't even get a break up there in the booth with Craig. :p

Closed Thread