HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

DET\NAS Proposal(eek!)

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2005, 06:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
DET\NAS Proposal(eek!)

Well, not likely to happen...division rivals, yadda yadda.

But, just for fun...

Shea Weber and Adam Hall for EITHER Zetterberg or Datsyuk.

Would prefer Zets, but I imagine Detroit is having a headache more with Dats...so that'd be chill, too.

eh? eh?

Old
08-24-2005, 07:56 PM
KingofSpain

Holland would probably counter offer with Suter + Hall or Weber + Hartnell, seeing as how Detroit is giving up the best player in the deal anyway it goes down. I know, my offers are going to seem ridiculous to you, a Nashville fan, but that's how your initial offer looked to an outsider.

Old
08-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Well, not likely to happen...division rivals, yadda yadda.

But, just for fun...

Shea Weber and Adam Hall for EITHER Zetterberg or Datsyuk.

Would prefer Zets, but I imagine Detroit is having a headache more with Dats...so that'd be chill, too.

eh? eh?
Weber is a good yound defensemen, we dont got a lot of quality guys, but Quincey is emerging very well, Kindl was just drafted, so i dont think we need a dman right now, and meech is around there too.. Hall does nothing for us, useless in a way, so NO from detroit, and a more NO because of the division stuff

Old
08-24-2005, 08:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Demon
Holland would probably counter offer with Suter + Hall or Weber + Hartnell, seeing as how Detroit is giving up the best player in the deal anyway it goes down. I know, my offers are going to seem ridiculous to you, a Nashville fan, but that's how your initial offer looked to an outsider.

How is it ridiculous...if you might not get both guys signed, anyway? What's more valuable...Datsyuk in Russia...or a bluechip defenseman and a budding young power forward that's good for 16-20 goals on the third line?

Old
08-24-2005, 08:17 PM
JacksonGalaxy

Quote:
How is it ridiculous...if you might not get both guys signed, anyway? What's more valuable...Datsyuk in Russia...or a bluechip defenseman and a budding young power forward that's good for 16-20 goals on the third line?
Datsyuk staying this year in Russia and playing the next in Detroit is still more valuable than Weber and Hall.. At least in my opinion.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Original6

So far Detroit is the biggest let down in the nhl market this year.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:24 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHockey
How so? The season hasn't even started.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:25 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
In what way? If you're refering to their lack of inactivity, I'll agree they have been relatively quiet, but I don't know that that is a bad thing for them.

While I believe that Nashville should win the division this year if they have no injuries, it will be close. Detroit won't falter too much and should hold off Columbus and Chicago if they don't have any major injuries.

Regardless, I still think they are a very good team.

As for the proposed trade, I'd take that. I'd rather go with Klein, Gamache or Upshall, and Hall for Zetterburg and a decent pick.

What do you think NMK?

David

Old
08-24-2005, 08:27 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingle
In what way? If you're refering to their lack of inactivity, I'll agree they have been relatively quiet, but I don't know that that is a bad thing for them.

While I believe that Nashville should win the division this year if they have no injuries, it will be close. Detroit won't falter too much and should hold off Columbus and Chicago if they don't have any major injuries.

Regardless, I still think they are a very good team.

As for the proposed trade, I'd take that. I'd rather go with Klein, Gamache or Upshall, and Hall for Zetterburg and a decent pick.

What do you think NMK?

David

I'd much rather make that deal, but I doubt the Wings would. If they want Upshall and Klein instead of Weber...so be it. We need the center.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:28 PM
HuskyFlames

From an outside perspective, Dats is quickly becoming a very overrated player on this forum. He has 1 real solid offensive season and a very poor playoff performance and all of a sudden his value is worth a cart of gold. Any offer that involves Weber PLUS something is a legit offer, unless it is a superstar player or other cirucmstances (ie - signing problems).

Old
08-24-2005, 08:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
From an outside perspective, Dats is quickly becoming a very overrated player on this forum. He has 1 real solid offensive season and a very poor playoff performance and all of a sudden his value is worth a cart of gold. Any offer that involves Weber PLUS something is a legit offer, unless it is a superstar player or other cirucmstances (ie - signing problems).

i tend to agree. Datsyuk's flashy goals kind of vaulted him up last season...and if *I* were Detroit...I'd rather deal him than Zetterberg..but as a Nashville fan, I was trying to play on that...to make the deal for Z rather than Dats

Old
08-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Spitfire11

Replace Weber with Hamhuis or Suter and I'd do that deal(for Datsyuk). I don't think Weber will be much of an nhl player.

Old
08-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
I wouldn't say it's ridiculous, but I think you also answered your question about the viability of the trade in the post you started the thread with. While Datsyuk wouldn't be helping much in Russia, he also wouldn't be actively harming them on a nightly basis on a divisional rival.

A trade wouldn't be out of the question, but with where the two teams appear to stand right now, as main contenders for the division, I would have to think Nashville would have to drastically overpay. If Nashville was in the east and made the same offer, it would be a pretty good offer, imo.

Old
08-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Birko19

How about Legwand + Tootoo for Datsyuk + a 3rd rounder.

Old
08-24-2005, 10:38 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19
tootoo is the most overrated player in the history of hockey I think. Anybody can take a run at somebody from one end of the ice and take him down.

Old
08-24-2005, 10:58 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Hello, do you remember the lockout? Did you not think that Detroit might have their hands tied? Just a little bit?

Old
08-24-2005, 11:02 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
i tend to agree. Datsyuk's flashy goals kind of vaulted him up last season...and if *I* were Detroit...I'd rather deal him than Zetterberg..but as a Nashville fan, I was trying to play on that...to make the deal for Z rather than Dats
Well, that's one view.

But I think the best view is this.

Datsyuk has played three seasons in Detroit.

Since the All Star Break of his second season, I'd say he's probably in the top 5 point getters in the NHL.

I mean, it's pretty tough to bag on a guy who's been playing ALL STAR hockey for half his NHL career.

And, while it wasn't the NHL, Pavel was the playoff and regular season MVP in the best professional hockey league in the world last year.

IMO, I think he's going to show that he's one of the best centers in the sport next season. If, of course, we get to see him.

For what it's worth, I really like Adam Hall's game.
I don't think I'd do the trade, though.

Old
08-24-2005, 11:21 PM
name

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
tootoo is the most overrated player in the history of hockey I think. Anybody can take a run at somebody from one end of the ice and take him down.
I like Tootoo quite a bit, the guy has tons of energy and heart. I'd rather see Datsyuk sign and stay with Detroit, but if he had to be moved, this deal doesn't sound bad at all to me.

Maltby, Tootoo, and Draper all on the same line would be wicked!

Old
08-25-2005, 12:19 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
Weber is a good yound defensemen, we dont got a lot of quality guys, but Quincey is emerging very well, Kindl was just drafted, so i dont think we need a dman right now, and meech is around there too.. Hall does nothing for us, useless in a way, so NO from detroit, and a more NO because of the division stuff
hall does nothing for detroit... it was a fair little speech until that point, because i find that statement quite silly... hall would be a welcome addition on any team in the league imho...

Old
08-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Birko19

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
I like my proposal to tell you the truth, the Wings will be taking a chance on Legwand (Hoping he did't reach his full potential yet), not to mention he's a local boy that should fit fine, and he makes less then 2 million which will help us sign Zetterberg easily.

Tootoo should fit fine as a 4th line fan favourite, I think he has the potential to someday be the same level as Maltby which is great in my opinion.

As for Nashville, they get Datsyuk to replace Legwand and bring more impact to their club on a top line with Karyia, and the 3rd rounder is a pretty decent pick.

I think a trade like this can work out from both sides, the only reason why a trade like this would never go down is because we're in the same division sadly.

Old
08-25-2005, 09:32 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I don't see the Preds trading Legwand for Datsyuk. I think they'd rather have Legwand. He's a couple of years younger but, more importantly, he's about 1/3 the price of Datsyuk. Datsyuk just isn't a 3 to 5 million dollar upgrade over Legwand.

If salary weren't an issue, I'd agree with you. But in this new era, it's all too important. Adding Datsyuk over Legwand puts us over our self-imposed cap and still doesn't solve our center problem. We'd still be clawing around our roster to find another second line center.

Old
08-25-2005, 09:36 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19
Tootoo is a 4th line mucker. Darryl Bootland is just as effective. And hes already on the roster.

Old
08-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Pepper

Weber + Hall is not enough, you need to replace Weber with Suter or Hamhuis to get Wings interested.

Old
08-25-2005, 09:38 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
Tootoo is a 4th line mucker. Darryl Bootland is just as effective. And hes already on the roster.
Just as effective at what? Agitating? No. Drawing penalties? No. Open ice hits? No. Having hands of stone? Well, Bootland is as effective as Tootoo on that one.

Old
08-25-2005, 09:41 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Weber + Hall is not enough, you need to replace Weber with Suter or Hamhuis to get Wings interested.
i agree that it's not enough to land Zetterberg. But the Preds don't have to remove Weber for Suter or Hammer (the latter of which I wouldn't trade for Datsyuk straight up for salary reasons). I think Detroit would work with a deal of Weber, Hall +. Both players are pieces they could certainly use. Throwing in another valuable piece could be enough.

At this stage, if they are dumping a player like Datsyuk, they might have to be content with quantity over quality. Because it's quantity that allows teams to get under the cap. With Weber, Hall, and another, the Wings could be getting 3 roster players (though Weber needs a year in the A) for half the price of Datsyuk. And if those three can be legitimate contributors in the top 9/top 6 of Detroit, I think they'd be OK with that. It isn't ideal, but not everything is in the salary cap era.

Closed Thread