HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I need some serious counseling. HELP ME!

Old
06-02-2014, 09:44 PM
FlyingPhilly

vCash: 500
Man, you guys are nuts.

Screw the Rangers winning it all. I don't even care if Carter, Richards, blah blah former Flyers blah blah lost trade blah blah blah, win it again. I have been brought up to hate NY, NJ, Pit teams. It is ingrained.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2014, 03:30 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Man, you guys are nuts.

Screw the Rangers winning it all. I don't even care if Carter, Richards, blah blah former Flyers blah blah lost trade blah blah blah, win it again. I have been brought up to hate NY, NJ, Pit teams. It is ingrained.
That's what I just don't get. We didn't LOSE the trade at all. We got Simmer/Schenn+ for Richards (A very good deal) And Carter for Voracek + Coot

The reason the kings are winning is because they traded to "Win Now" and it worked. Doesn't mean we lose. They already had Kopitar, Doughty, And Quick. We traded our core to them so they can play on the 2nd/3rd line. We now get to have young guys for the future.

Also, we got great value b/c the contracts are LOOOONG term and cheap. That's allowed the kings to grab guys like Gaborik.

JvR / Schenn trade, sure debate it. Carter/Richards? We won both, and its not like we traded them both to LA anyways. (Remember how LA/Philly both plundered CLB?)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 08:25 AM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
That's what I just don't get. We didn't LOSE the trade at all. We got Simmer/Schenn+ for Richards (A very good deal) And Carter for Voracek + Coot

The reason the kings are winning is because they traded to "Win Now" and it worked. Doesn't mean we lose. They already had Kopitar, Doughty, And Quick. We traded our core to them so they can play on the 2nd/3rd line. We now get to have young guys for the future.

Also, we got great value b/c the contracts are LOOOONG term and cheap. That's allowed the kings to grab guys like Gaborik.

JvR / Schenn trade, sure debate it. Carter/Richards? We won both, and its not like we traded them both to LA anyways. (Remember how LA/Philly both plundered CLB?)
I put that in the blah blah nonsense meaning I could not care less what people, especially most of the media, say about those people and subjects. Carter and Richards? Flyers lost the trades? Flyers West? Don't give a **** about those things.

Old
06-04-2014, 12:26 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Man, you guys are nuts.

I justify it in my mind by remembering the '82 NBA Eastern Conference finals, Sixers vs Celtics. As the Sixers were nailing down the win in game 7 in Boston the Celtics fans started chanting "Beat LA! Beat LA Beat LA!"

I figure if Celtics fans can root for the Sixers then I can root for the Rangers. I'll feel a little dirty but nobody ever said life would be easy.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 12:56 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I have cousins from NY...they are Rangers fans. They are immensely irritating and gloat. When the Rangers won the last cup they were unbearable. I cannot deal with their smugness again if they win. I hope Carter and Richards are the main catalysts to LA's cup win..that is how much I hate the Rangers and their fans! Sorry..can and will never cheer for them. I only like Hank on that team...that is it.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 01:31 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

I honestly don't care. As long as the Pens aren't winning I'm good.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 05:37 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
To clarify my original post...I am NOT rooting for the Rangers. I'm rooting for Hank.

Aside from his skill on the ice, he can jam out on lead guitar. lol

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Sale

vCash: 5364
First i hated the Rangers
Islanders
Devils
Pens
Screw them all and Hank's gay suits

Legion of Gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 07:04 PM
The Rage Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
To clarify my original post...I am NOT rooting for the Rangers. I'm rooting for Hank.

Aside from his skill on the ice, he can jam out on lead guitar. lol

Is there anything that man can't do? He makes it so damn hard to hate the rangers.

The Rage Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Jtown

This series i think may go the distance. I am rooting for the kings, just love that team and low how resilient they are. Also glad to see carter getting his due , he has always been a great player but it seems like this year has gone a long way into establishing how great he is in the eye of the hockey world.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Funf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
This series i think may go the distance. I am rooting for the kings, just love that team and low how resilient they are. Also glad to see carter getting his due , he has always been a great player but it seems like this year has gone a long way into establishing how great he is in the eye of the hockey world.
Yeah, it's nice to see people finally recognize Carter as a good defensive player, too. Something that a lot of us on the Flyers board have been saying for a long time, and just now people are taking notice.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 06:09 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Yep, I was at the game last night. That 70s line tore it up every shift.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:54 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
I justify it in my mind by remembering the '82 NBA Eastern Conference finals, Sixers vs Celtics. As the Sixers were nailing down the win in game 7 in Boston the Celtics fans started chanting "Beat LA! Beat LA Beat LA!"

I figure if Celtics fans can root for the Sixers then I can root for the Rangers. I'll feel a little dirty but nobody ever said life would be easy.
I agree, life is not easy or fair at all. Not a fan of the NBA or basketball in general.

Old
06-08-2014, 02:41 AM
tuckrr

**** the rags, I love that they're about to get no cup and a **** pick too

Old
06-10-2014, 06:07 PM
tuckrr

HERE COMES THE BROOOOOOM