HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moves you would make (trades, RFA, UFA)

Old
06-01-2014, 11:04 AM
berlin
wait...... what?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Agreed. Erne is one of the last guys I would be trading. He is very unique in our system and I think he will be an important piece going forward.
Agree as well he'll be a future fan favorite.

berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 11:14 AM
BoltSTH

Agree. I think can be what Malone was meant to be and Modin was. Power forward making space for the snipers.

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 11:38 AM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlin View Post
Agree as well he'll be a future fan favorite.
haha, yeah, he will be, but I'm willing to bet the rest of the league (and maybe even we, from time to time) will think this kid is a total *********.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Drouined My Career
should I stay or go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
haha, yeah, he will be, but I'm willing to bet the rest of the league (and maybe even we, from time to time) will think this kid is a total *********.
I heard Drouin shares that feeling.

Drouined My Career is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 11:46 AM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
I heard Drouin shares that feeling.
Development camp will be interesting. I'm sure they'll finally be faced with questions about the incident, and I'm sure they'll both say the right things. But given the lingering rumors about Drouin's attitude, and the DB'ery we've seen from Erne, we might get some dramatic moments on the ice.

Old
06-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Yzlamic Preacher*
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Development camp will be interesting. I'm sure they'll finally be faced with questions about the incident, and I'm sure they'll both say the right things. But given the lingering rumors about Drouin's attitude, and the DB'ery we've seen from Erne, we might get some dramatic moments on the ice.
If that will push a rivalry between the two to drive them further, then so be it. I can't wait for training camp.

Yzlamic Preacher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 02:11 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Agree. I think can be what Malone was meant to be and Modin was. Power forward making space for the snipers.
If he's another Modin that would be sweet he was overshadowed by our bigger stars and didn't get as much credit he deserved. His shot was the most lethal on the team to me.

I hope they don't bring up that hit at camp, it was completely overblown and wasn't even a bad hit.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Thunder Buddy
Making a list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot91 View Post
$6 million a year is cool with me but anything more than that then he needs to produce more offensively. Otherwise just groom Killorn for that role or make a trade.
Oh yeah I agree, but seeing him play a full season with full PP time is going to yield better results than this season.

Quote:
I don't think Callahan is worth 6 million as of this moment. But by the beginning of 2015/2016, I think he will be, because by then we'll have seen the other insane contracts handed out over the summer. I think too many people are measuring him against Filppula, which isn't really fair, because if Flip had been a UFA this summer he would have gotten somewhere around 6.5. He got 5 because he was coming off a dismal year and because the cap went down. So yeah, I would like to see Cally back for 6.
I guess it's like the stock market, lol. Buy low, Sell high.

Quote:
That said, there has to be a line drawn. A specific number where we can't go a penny over. And we're pretty much already at that line (if indeed he's being offered 6). Which sucks, because we really have no option like him. But we can't handcuff ourselves to the guy either.
Oh yeah I agree, you can't wave around a blank check. Like I said in the other threads that tax situation is going to a huge advantage, you are talking about a 600K plus advantage.

Quote:

I have a bad feeling you're going to wind up a Sabre fan, sir. I have an uncle who's a Sabres fan and it's not pretty. :p But then again, there's a chance you'll get to follow McDavid or Eichel's careers, both of which should be pretty special.
LOL I hope not, if that happens will just follow his stats and whatnot. Buffalo has no chance of winning anytime soon. Also, I said this to the bitter rabid Rangers fans in the other threads, I still plan to follow and root for Tampa even if Cally goes to Buffalo or anywhere else. I just can't root for the Rangers anymore. I heard the Devils and Islanders are going to make a run at him also. But they don't have the advantages as Tampa does, neither does Buffalo.

Thunder Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 09:41 PM
crunchrulz

If the rest of the league thinks he is an &^%, he is doing his job.

crunchrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2014, 10:31 PM
PaulGG

Resign the RFA's except Panik, Aulie and Lindbach. Sign Cally but for 4 years max. We could also use a pesty forward like Marchand or even Downey.
Number one priority is a really good vet D-man. I would be willing to trade a forward and picks if we can't get a UFA in here. We just can't expect Bishop to carry the load like he did last season.
Buy out Malone, he is not worth near what we are paying him. Purcell the same but at least there is a chance he turns around.

PaulGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 12:55 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGG View Post
Resign the RFA's except Panik, Aulie and Lindbach. Sign Cally but for 4 years max. We could also use a pesty forward like Marchand or even Downey.
Number one priority is a really good vet D-man. I would be willing to trade a forward and picks if we can't get a UFA in here. We just can't expect Bishop to carry the load like he did last season.
Buy out Malone, he is not worth near what we are paying him. Purcell the same but at least there is a chance he turns around.
Why would we not resign Panik? Callahan isn't taking a 4 year deal. Marchand would cost more then he's worth to acquire. If we can even buy Malone out it's a possibility, not sure of all the rules regarding substance abuse.

Old
06-09-2014, 04:13 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
got to keep panik im a guy that is down on him more than a bit but he is ok with thompson on four for now so has his worth. He might just shock in time he has it in him if can get his head out of his butt He has the skills. The mind is another story. Yet he is solid on four.

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 08:55 AM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
If we can even buy Malone out it's a possibility, not sure of all the rules regarding substance abuse.
If I remember correctly we can buy him out(compliance or regular) and things would be fine. If Tampa terminates his contract for what happened then the NHLPA would step in on his behalf.

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Downie was traded away for a reason.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
palat signed today Any idea on callahan? Yea nay? How is the air feeling?

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 10:59 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
We had to sign that superstar Purcell, we can have both now. With St. Louis gone Stamkos needs a friend and he was bff's with Downie.

Old
06-09-2014, 01:04 PM
chasespace

Quote:
We had to sign that superstar Purcell, we can have both now.
Not why he was traded.

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 04:11 PM
garmonbozia

Quote:
This is an instance where your I'm-leaking-without-explicitly-saying method opens more questions than it answers. There are enough potentially pedestrian reasons for why Downie was traded (not skilled enough for top line, no chemistry elsewhere, undisciplined/unintelligent/unsafe play, ability to get a 1st in return while value was high, etc.) that to not come out and say one or more of them implies something else bigger of which the average non-insider fan is blissfully unaware.

Barring any significant off-ice concern, of which I'm unaware, I'd give him a second chance late in the offseason as a depth move that is very cheap or a camp invite. I think Cooper could use Downie better than Boucher ever did.

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 04:32 PM
DFC

Quote:
I've always suspected that.

Old
06-09-2014, 05:36 PM
HoseEmDown

I'm the only true lightning insider on this forum, don't listen to any of these other buffoons. What I say is the only thing that should be taken seriously around here. If you ever need the inside scoop just ask I'm not afraid to spill the beans and let it all out.

Old
06-09-2014, 05:47 PM
PaulGG

Quote:
Why would we not resign Panik? Callahan isn't taking a 4 year deal. Marchand would cost more then he's worth to acquire. If we can even buy Malone out it's a possibility, not sure of all the rules regarding substance abuse.
After watching Panik he was good at times, it is just a numbers game and we can't keep everyone. I don't think we need Callahan so badly that we overpay, I like Marchand or a similar player. Just saying I think Cally is overrated and it risky to sign him with his history of injuries. He may be another Malone.

Old
06-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Thunder Buddy
Making a list

Quote:
After watching Panik he was good at times, it is just a numbers game and we can't keep everyone. I don't think we need Callahan so badly that we overpay, I like Marchand or a similar player. Just saying I think Cally is overrated and it risky to sign him with his history of injuries. He may be another Malone.
Callahan's injuries are blown out of proportion. He missed 3 games last season and 6 games the season before that. What happened this season was just a fluke season.

Thunder Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 06:06 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
What numbers game? We have a roster spot and cap room. He can play on the 4th line and move up to the 2nd if needed and not be too out of place. He's young with potential so no reason to let him walk. If he can't make it work the least we could do is flip him for a pick or prospect.

Old
06-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
palat signed today Any idea on callahan? Yea nay? How is the air feeling?
Don't know, still think it doesn't get done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
This is an instance where your I'm-leaking-without-explicitly-saying method opens more questions than it answers. There are enough potentially pedestrian reasons for why Downie was traded (not skilled enough for top line, no chemistry elsewhere, undisciplined/unintelligent/unsafe play, ability to get a 1st in return while value was high, etc.) that to not come out and say one or more of them implies something else bigger of which the average non-insider fan is blissfully unaware.

Barring any significant off-ice concern, of which I'm unaware, I'd give him a second chance late in the offseason as a depth move that is very cheap or a camp invite. I think Cooper could use Downie better than Boucher ever did.
I get what you're saying and in another situation you're probably right but with Downs it was very simple, no discipline. Couldn't stay out of the box. Constant penalty parade, deserved or not. Thats all.
Quote:
I'm the only true lightning insider on this forum, don't listen to any of these other buffoons. What I say is the only thing that should be taken seriously around here. If you ever need the inside scoop just ask I'm not afraid to spill the beans and let it all out.
This man speaks truth.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2014, 06:21 PM
PaulGG

Quote:
What numbers game? We have a roster spot and cap room. He can play on the 4th line and move up to the 2nd if needed and not be too out of place. He's young with potential so no reason to let him walk. If he can't make it work the least we could do is flip him for a pick or prospect.
We need defenders more and that will cost cap space. That is the numbers game. If we can fit him fine.
Defense is our main problem and we wore Bishop out this season because of it. I went to every game and watched it. We will be a much better team if we can add a few physical blueliners.